Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

CaptainPsyko posted:

Main thing was being conscious of his HP/ when the core would close and being careful not to waste, say, a Dragoon Jump when the magic breakdown that would close it was half cast. Once I had that timing down and was able to not waste skills I'd need later, it was reasonably straightforward; just took a little bit of luck with minimal stamp out casts after that.

Is there a trick to this? I'm very far from where most of you guys are but I've had some of the battles with timed conditions (like an enemy that swaps elemental weakness), and it'll go enemy switches to weak to fire -> I queue a fire attack -> fire attack charges -> enemy switches weakness to ice -> attack goes off. Same with that FF6 snail that you cannot attack while his head is inside the shell. I really dislike (short!) windows of opportunity that need to be exploited with charged attacks. Because this always happens to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I had a disappointing pull on Eiko's Banner. 2/22, Beatrix's BSB and Garnet's SSB. Not that bad in general, but I was hoping for more FFIX synergy items and some soul breaks for characters I would actually get from the event, since I had no FFIX characters yet (except Vivi/Steiner from realms maybe?). So I decided to use some hero souls to unlock Faris and Beatrix (I also had a Faris BSB weapon just sitting unused, and it's supposedly good), since both don't seem to be coming up anytime soon according to the event calendar. All I need now is a good soul break for a healer, but I have Minwu's SSB sitting in my inventory already and I'm not wasting a hero soul on him since he's coming next event. Aeris with Seal Evil (so basically nothing) will have to do until then.

I thought Beatrix's BSB was pretty good. Damage in the same league as the rest of my team (Cloud USB, Cid(VII) SSB, Faris BSB) and in Burst mode there's a great double hit attack which makes physical attacks target her. Then I first used it against a group boss. :stare: that poo poo is AoE holy gently caress it's amazing!

So yeah for new players I would definitely recommend using a hero soul or two to unlock characters if the first BSBs you get are for characters that you won't be seeing for a long time.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

NaanViolence posted:

:shobon:

I was going to reply by mocking you but then I realized you're very new and didn't realize how good your pull was.

As I was saying, I realized it was good stuff, but I wanted to get stuff that matched with characters I had. Neither Beatrix nor Garnet was coming up for a long time. Meanwhile 3/5 characters in my team were using their default soul breaks. This was before I realized the Hall of Records could offer a solution.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I'm at this weird point where I have a nicely kitted out A-team with a physical USB, SSB and BSB, a magical SSB and a healing SSB, but it seems too early to get into realm synergy. So I'm not feeling a great need to pull for more items. I have about 130 mythril saved up, wondering what to spend it on. I did pull on the debuff banner because it was only 25 mythril, though.

Any thoughts on this? I'm thinking I'll wait a bit for stuff that's good value, but I'm not really sure what. I'm hearing Onion Knight will be good, and there's going to be something called an "OSBFest"?

• Locked thread