Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Sorry to the two people that needed Sentinel's Grimoire. I got two plus Vanille's SSB to pick up Gaia Armor for my future Mog's SSB insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I had a harder time with the Ultimate+ than the Ultimate++, go figure. Having Medica is almost necessary for it.

Also, using a Holy/Fire attack counts as a fire attack even if it only exploits the holy weakness, whomp.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Dr Pepper posted:

Having a bit of trouble with the Zombie Dragon.

Killing them too fast, so Aerith can't heal off enough Pandora's Box blasts in time. :v:

Think I'll swap in a Mako Might on her instead, maybe that'll help her keep up if I can jump straight to her BSB after the first.

It helps to refresh Magic Breakdown on each respawn, since Wall is useless against Pandora.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Lucky draw report: Just Refia's Rising Sun, which is...a bad soul break.

Oh well! It's still a 5* thrown weapon and a +10 atk for Refia, plus III synergy is rare.

Nope, that SSB makes Refia into one of the best monks. Reconsider your opinion.

Edit: Got one also (dupe) along with Cid's cloak. More native Hastega yayyy?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Hogama posted:

He's finally become a man.

The question is, is it even useful?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Ugh, why is Excalibur on this banner with Lightbringer.

I have a 7* Trident, 6* Excalibur, and a Hamelin in a pear tree. Beatrix, you were not meant to be.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

I'm 10 MSOs away. :sigh:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

UHD posted:

I have Papalymo's SSB and Balthier's SSB, so I guess I have to hone Chain Firaga as well as Chain Blizzaga.

My poor Major Black Orbs :cry:

I'm having issues with MNEOs personally. I guess not every chain spell uses them, at least.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Ugh, now I think I should shatter my R3 Flare and R2 Meteor, though my hoarder complex tells me to suck it up and farm more MNEOs and MBOs.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Fore purely selfish reasons I wish Faris' BSB was water elemental instead of physical, or at least the ATK/DEF commands were. One of them uses the waterga animation anyway!

And the other one is a tidal wave, so...

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I just want some synergy for that 8* Golden Hairpin! I mean, other than Bartz first BSB command. I guess I could pull for Tidus... but I'm down to 100 mythril after chasing Eiko & Beatirx BSBs and now I want to save up for Onion Knight.

You might as well try to go full Tidus! Embrace his laughter as he washes his foes to death.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Those twins are really hardy, jeez.

Winner is Maria's Song, giving me the needed offense to burn down the second phase. Having native haste was very helpful, though really Eiko's Burst was the real shining star.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Counterpoint: I used Celes' BSB in the Zombie Dragon battle and the holy/fire command counted against the medal condition of "don't use fire during phase 2", even though it should have only counted the holy part for the purposes of weakness.

Edit: nevermind can't read CaptainPsyko is right.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Grozz Nuy posted:

So I guess the Guy event isn't starting tonight after all? There was no announcement about it last night...

I'll probably wait until tomorrow morning to do the Nightmare dungeons if that's the case, because gently caress doing Thursdaily. If I'm not going to spend my stamina grinding it during double greens time, I'm sure as hell not going to do it now. I could knock out a couple of the elites I have left with no stamina shard rewards, I suppose.

I have my stamina allotted for Nightmares + story dungeons so I avoid doing Thursdailies altogether. :v:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Attestant posted:

Most of the money would have gone towards Civ 6, and maybe some Warhammer 40k stuff, so it's not like this will mean disaster.

Still a pain in the rear end. :argh:

Just save the pulls for your favorite character in the game! :unsmith:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

AweStriker posted:

I forgot I had Golbez's Ebon Armor. It gives +Dark, so is a Memento Mori&Dark Zone combo worth it on him?

I'm thinking "yes", but Dark Zone being a 5-star I thought I'd check.

You have a magic darkness monster at hand. Enjoy!

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Both BSBs. :toot:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Inge posted:

Stacking two faithgas + devotion + sunfire command on Maria is just...

:boom:

+ Gaia's Vest?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's basically Esthar terminators on 'roids but with a common weakness. If you have SG/SSII or Pecil BSB of course it'll be easy. For most other people they might actually be struggling with the incoming damage, especially on wave 3.

I thought I could trick the mobs and Draw Fire with Pecil and self-healing. NOPE!

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Wilekat posted:

So i've pulled a few banners now, but I'm still pretty new (61 stam). I'm getting to the point I feel I should be starting to construct a team for going forward, but I've no idea what I should look to run.

Here's a current list of SBs -

Cloud OSB (Ragnarok)
Steiner SSB (Excalibur)
Fang USB (Glaive)
Exdeath USB (Moore Branch)
Garnet SSB (Wizard Rod)
Fran SSB (Traitor's Bow)
Faris BSB (Artemis Bow)
Yuffie SSB (Crystal Cross)
Hope BSB (Ninurta)
Sazh USB (Deneb Duellers)

I feel like Cloud's OSB is too good to not be using, and while I don't have her (I have a soul to buy her), I hear Faris' BSB is real good, so that would secure two spots. Beyond that, I don't really know what I'm doing. I figure that I'm leaning physical, but my understanding is the meta is shifting to mages?

Do I have the grains of a competent party here? Is there any banners in particularly I should be looking out for going forward to try and tighten a team? I'm pretty much just autoattacking my way through classic dungeons and the events right now, but I'm starting to hit that point where I feel I'm going to have to start paying attention!

You have a Hastega through Garnet who can act as a decent healer. Try to get the Dr. Mog's Teachings and Mako Might RMs ASAP to up your ability to take on difficult content.

You have a Boostga (30% attack for all) on Sazh, one of the better Support units you can have with his versatility. Same principal with the RM above.

What you are missing is a Wall (Tyro/Y'shtola) for some of the more difficult content, but you can use a Roaming Warrior to compensate for that.

You are also missing a solid Medica, so I would prioritize that in the future.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Wilekat posted:

Thanks for the advice!

Looking at upcoming banners, I feel like I should just be saving like crazy for the Y'shtola banner? I don't really have any specific damage targets, and it feels like that one could cover all my needs.

Minfillia 1 is insanely good, so that's a good consideration. OSBfest is coming up soon as well, so that may be a good opportunity to pick up strong sets of gear.

If you are into mages or hybrid groups, getting a Faithga and/or a party +ATK/MAG should be high on your list as well.

Always consider realm synergy as well when pulling. It'll make your time with Cid Missions much more tolerable. Otherwise, pull for your favorite character and don't chase single relics. :)

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Wilekat posted:

Fair enough! I'm a sucker for pulling on anything and everything anyway.

Just avoid anything less than 11x in almost all cases. Guaranteed 5* is a luxury.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
All this Mote Ifrit talk got me assembling my A Team for the fight, which includes Lulu and her ice mog. I am somehow having more trouble now than when I completed it with my Cid Mission. :psyduck:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I hope you enjoy watching the load screen! And I hope you enjoy saving shitloads of stamina from now on. :)

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Viking_Helmet posted:

I don't have the orbs for those yet, except for the basic breaks. It seems like you have to be able to handle higher tier content before you can get the orbs to make the tougher content doable in the first place.

HP makes a huge difference, so it sounds like it's a combination of levels and mitigation through Power/Magic Breakdowns and Protectga/Shellga.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Got a Power Crystal from the Ultimate fight. :toot:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

UHD posted:

The little Ice Azers can be paralyzed via Quetzacoatl. That was a fun discovery.

Glad I invested in Quetzacoatl for this very reason.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Daedalus never stopped me during my Ult++ battle. I must have gotten really lucky.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Zurai posted:

Yeah, multi-boss Ultimates are almost always the hardest. Just wait until 4 months from now when we get the Vayne event when we have to fight U+ Mandragoras. That fight is utterly loathesome for anyone. Even long-term JP players had trouble with it.

Anything we should do to prepare for that battle, relic- or ability-wise?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Where's my Mog SSB? :smithicide:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

pichupal posted:

I knew I was forgetting someone. And I couldn't remember whether Cait was attached to the Brass event or the FF7 event.

I really should've remebered Mog for his amazing SSB though.

Never forget. I hope it gets translated soon so I don't have worries over a stupid game.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
11x pull got me Vivi's staff and Rydia's, whip. Finally, a weapon for Rydia! :toot:

The Nereids were kind of a joke, but I guess these battles weren't meant to be that difficult. The orbs rewards though, yum.

Now the real struggle: saving up for Mog's (eventual) Earth Bell or being tempted by Kain 1 and/or Onion 1.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

SageAcrin posted:

Be sure to bring Dispel if you go the mage route, though.

He starts out with a Turn 2 Reflect, and then after that will recast it as a counter. (It's pretty rare; 10%.)

Do note; This doesn't make physical better, per se... He has three separate counters and an intro perfect rate base Blind for people going in with physicals. And one of the counters is more, lower hit rate, blind.

To reduce the risk of being reflected, have someone with Red XIII's Auto-Reflect RM to bounce your own spells. :getin:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

If it helps, white mage's RM3 is literally the exact same thing as Vanille's Pulse Kindness, so you can safely skip it

Skip it? You don't understand the completionist crowd here, do you?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
With Titan coming soon, is it worth keeping, or is it a no-brainer shatter for my R4 Bahamut? I've also got a R3 Fat Chocobo already.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

KnoxZone posted:

Ask and you shall receive...

Now if they release Mog's Earth Bell, I'll love DeNa forever.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

At long last...my task is done.

Now I'm on the mythril drip with the rest of you schmucks :qq:

You're technically ahead of me now since I still have XI dungeons on hold for the stamina refresh. :v:

I'm hoping to pull Yang's claws tomorrow for my Maria's BSB shennanigans. That, combined with future Mog SSB shennanigans, and I'll have an Earth Team going on. :getin:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

AweStriker posted:

How is anyone even supposed to handle Vinuskar, anyway? I tried, but it does wtfdamage wtfast and if it decides to use Bite on any of its first three or so turns whoever it hits is basically dead.

I made a team of backrow characters. His double Sword Dances still hurt like hell with normal mitigation, so I'd recommend Wall for the battle if available.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
To those complaining about Yang's Fists, I'll gladly take yours. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Unless it's your favorite character.

• Locked thread