Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
My Keeper's Choice 2 pull was pretty lackluster. I was hoping for a Shout or a Wall, but instead got Excalibur (V) and Terra's Stardust Rod. I know I should be thankful to have a second BSB, but I rarely use black mages and seem to get the most relics for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Well then, if you have so many relics for them, consider using them more? We're at the beginning of the era of stacking +Mag buffs and mixed parties and chaingas. No reason to shackle yourself to shout anymore.

I know, I just hate having to use abilities to clear trash. My magic hones aren't great (4 shots on each of the 4-stars), and I don't know that I'll have the resources to fix that soon, as I'm saving orbs to improve my break game and some other utility stuff. I could probably do some relatively sick things with access to Blood of Espers, Magitek Missle, Turk Bombshell, Sheepsong, Wishing Star, Darkflare Star, Maelstrom's Bolt, and Heaven's Wrath, but that doesn't do me a ton of good if I run out of steam or get killed before I even reach the boss, which is kind of where I end up if I put more than 1 or 2 black mages on my team.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
So the black Friday lucky draw gave me my third BSB!

...for Jecht. Any abilities that work particularly well with the drunk rear end in a top hat?

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
Is there a "best" way to develop OK? I broke my rule of only pulling for characters I like, and was rewarded with his staff and gauntlets.

I have him at level 91, and have 22 onion motes.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

OK's probably the best Ninja in the game, too. Honestly if you're good on 4* motes you should just fully dive him and use him in some capacity for every single piece of content except CMs

I have very few, as the first time I tried a mote dungeon I got my rear end handed to me.

But I just beat my first one with OK, Y'Shtola, Beatrix, Terra, and Vaan. :unsmith: Not having to tie up a rw with haste, mitigation, or healing is amazing!

I now have a level 95 support/black mage OK.

Now I just need an OSB for a character I don't hate so I can kick Vaan off the A Team.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Goddamnit there was zero extra days to collect the eggs? Goddamn DeNA what the gently caress, I've been busy and forgot to get the last 10 eggs. :sigh:

If you have Vaan's BSB he shouldn't be leaving your A team. Being able to provide double def/mag breakdown is huge and Vaan's BSB is among the best in the game period.

I don't, just his OSB. I would accept my fate if I did. I actually used a Vaan RW in my mote fight. I like having someone with an OSB to help clean up bosses with a lot of HP, I'll just be thrilled when it isn't him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
Which is the easiest mote dungeon after Dahaka? My A-team includes OK with Vessel of Fate and Y'Shtola with Stoneskin and Asylum.

• Locked thread