Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
My 11 pull on banner 3 netted a solid (but underwhelming considering my usual broken luck) Noel SSB.

I followed it up with a dollar pull and gained Bartz's OSB! My spree continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the past two weeks I've gone from zero OSBs to five, with several additional BSB and SSB gains on top of that. My unfair luck is holding. Grinding now for a pull on banner four.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I've been catching shade from pubbies in MP cuz my Shadow is only level 80. I silence them by whipping out his fine burst, but it's still embarrassing. Is Shadow's final crystal even out in Japan yet?

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
We will. I blitzed the realms during the half off sale and I'm at 161 stamina now.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guardbringer and Tempest Snipe. Are they any good? How to best use them?

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got three bursts on my FFT pull. Confirming that Shout + Chant + Eiko BSB + Delita BSB is nuts.

I'm also enjoying the Rapha and Ovelia bursts.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ick. Pulled Tifa's Crystal Glove.

This is the worst pull I've ever gotten. That includes the months I played before they guaranteed a 5* with every pull.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not doing a pull on this one. Learned my lesson.

I only really need USBs and elemental chains. What's the best upcoming banner for those?

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Couple random questions -

I made affliction break for the FFT torment fights. Those fights have been the most challenging content for me in months, despite my extremely stacked realm squad.

What's the duration on Affliction Break? Is rank one enough or should I hone it?

Secondly, are Ultima and Neo Bahamut any good now that they've been buffed? I don't know if I should make Valigarmanda or Bro Bahamut.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks for the update on Ultima and Neo Bahamut. I think I'll make Valigarmanda. I already have Meltdown honed once and it's awesome.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
He stopped all my characters for an eternity three times and I still won. I have Terra's enfire SSB and her OSB, and between that and her meltdowns he eventually ate it. Had a lot more HP than I expected, though.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
These new wayfarer quests are bogus. I already have all those skills. :frogout:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gave in and pulled on Vincent's banner...1/11...Shulk's BSB. It's my first pentabreak and seems pretty good.

After that I tried the apoc+ Shulk fight I've been putting off. Mastered it by the skin of my teeth, and it was a beautiful thing.

With Shout + Chant + Eiko BSB up OK used Onion Slice and Shulk used her BSB before everyone except Cloud died the next turn. Cloud was at death's door but finished it off with an 8x crit Cloud Cycle.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Gacha forgot who I was and had been giving me only above average draws for a month or so...until about a week ago. Three dollar draws, three BSBs. I just pulled Iris's Moogle Plushie so now any temptation to drop mythril on the XV banner is gone. It's good to know I'm loved again.

EDIT: Seems a bit weird this doll is a thrown item. Guess it's a good thing they've stopped making item types that only two or three characters can use, though.

NaanViolence fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 18, 2017

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey those are solid pulls regardless. Noctis SSB is the second best thing on the banner.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought that getting Iris BSB out of my 100 gem pull would sate my appetite, but after using her and realizing that the hype is justified I really want her LMR as well...

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bell_ posted:

Are they both coming back? I have a bad habit of chasing healer soul breaks.

Her BSB is. The LMR is not.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does the extended buff duration found on materia like Minfilia's LMR and Ramza's LD2 extend the duration of haste? Is there a list somewhere of what it does and does not effect?

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
They are good characters with good SBs. I dropped 50 on a pull myself and was very satisfied. I won't have to pull on the next one and I can use Noct SSB and Iris BSB in any content.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm definitely on a roll again. Dollar draw got me a disco ball - Faris USB. This might be enough to make me save my 300+ mythril for later banners.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never felt like it was something I needed before, but I just realized my dollar draw Faris USB is my first 6* bow. Are there any bows that come out later with elemental damage boosts that aren't realm-specific? I want to dump 30 rosetta stones on this right now but I won't if there are better candidates on the horizon.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not a big deal, but I just used Shantotto's lightning chain to beat the d180 FFXI banner and it was incredibly fun. First time I've ever used a chain.

I had Iris BSB for heals and to dodge paralyze. Ramza shouted, chanted, and used ninja lightning.

My DPS came from Laguna's BSB, Shulk's BSB, and TG Cid's OSB. He died so fast I didn't even need wall.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ceaselessfuture posted:

Hey! Not bad! First 100 gem hit since FF14. Fire imperil is nice too, so I'll probably get some mileage out of it.

I get quite a bit of mileage out of that hammer. The BSB also heals and Galuf is great with this and Fires Within/Meteor Smash/Dive/whatever.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was planning on skipping this banner but I took a huge bong hit and YOLO'd a pull late last night.

Rosa USB, Rubicante SSB, and Golbez cloak. I was extremely happy.

I picked up Rosa's SSB early in my career and still use it for more than half my battles including the hardest content in the game. I have full Iris, full Vanille, and a bunch of other great healer sbs but Rosa's still amazing and now she's even more so.

EDIT: Does Shadow's USB have a known reappearance after next banner? Not sure if I should pull once or zero times on his banner.

EDIT 2: Rosa's USB is my RW now. Code is YyaP

NaanViolence fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 8, 2017

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Confirming that Rosa's USB trivializes many, many battles.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
What level are they?

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are they all level 99 or close to it? That makes a big difference.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
75% of FFT banner two are dupes for me, but I dollar pulled anyway and got Mustadio's BSB. Not a dupe!

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Algus is a much more suitable name for that worm as well.

God I hate Algus/Argath.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally marathoned the seven remaining nightmare bosses and opened THE MAGICITE REALM. They really need to buff those nightmare bosses at some point because they're trivial right now.

I beat the whale (Leviathan?) on my third try at just under a minute. Had Orlandu OSB, Rosa USB, Alphinaud SSB for damage reflection, Ramza for shout/chant, and Laguna with his BSB setting up imperil and spamming that six-hit lightning skill. Took me two tries to figure out Alphinaud was a better option than OK.

Alphinaud and Laguna are only level 80, but that mattered less than I thought.

And man does Tyro really put the mack on Elarra! Shameless!

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ceaselessfuture posted:

You should probably 100-gem them because they have good things on them, but basically it's one of those banners where they've already been one-upped by previous banners (Bartz, Edge) and are going to be one-upped in the future (Shadow, FFTA, FFT-Orlandeau Edition).

If you don't have ultimate Bartz, Delita seems to be a decent option though.

Indeed. Delita with his USB and BSB is just as good as Bartz in a vacuum. Bartz is easier to buff though.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I might be the only one happy with the removal of Rosa's USB from fest banners. Got it on a dollar draw and now I'm happy to have a chance at Faris's other USB! If I draw it I'll have a complete Faris.

Also got my whale clear time to under 30 seconds consistently. Figured out Rosa with her USB and Wrath can solo heal pretty easily and so I added Delita w/BSB to Orlandu and Laguna for damage.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

djfooboo posted:

I got some cool dress from a 100 gem soundtrack pull :woop:

Last week I did a rage 3 pull and went 2/3.

My luck is better than yours.

I went 3/3 about a year ago on that first awesome FF5 banner and my luck has more or less stayed at that level ever since. :smugdog:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just got Gabranth's USB off a $1.00 draw. I didn't bother posting any of my festival draws, but every single one of them was sick nasty ridiculously unfair. I picked up Squall's BSB2 and Ayame's BSB and now Fenrir is easy to slay in less than 30 seconds.

I still have yet to do either of the choice draws. I did so well with the other draws that I'm considering not doing them at all.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not sure if I should dive Shadow, Noctis, or save for Shelke. So far I've fully dived Ramza, Terra (Omen is so ridiculous), and now Squall. I've conquered the ice, wind, and water magicites in less than thirty seconds and haven't tried any of the other three. Thoughts?

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just dollar drew a dupe copy of Rosa's USB bow. Should I combine it or keep it separate?

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow I had no idea these rebirth dungeons were coming. This festival is amazing.

I'd be somewhat miffed if I were a day one player, though, because I'd have done all these already and spent the mythril on the crap banners we had two years ago. Now I have hundreds more mythril to spend on far superior banners.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've actually started buying lottery tickets in an attempt to cash in IRL on some of the infinitesimal odds I've been hitting. I don't know if I'm going to post my total fest haul because it would feel too much like gloating.

Does anyone know what the percentages are for the newest style of banner? The kind XV has.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
These old dungeons are filling me with shame. Apparently I missed mastery my first time through over a year ago because somehow the 45 DIFFICULTY STEINER AND THE BOMB LEVEL KO'd one of my sad crew. Now I have to master it to get the mythril.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did you all know that DeNA owns a baseball team in Japan, and that team added "DeNA" to their name? Japan is fascinating.

• Locked thread