Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
If I have a character use a Soul Break that gives them Enwind (like Cloud's Climhazzard), and then have that character summon a Finishing Touch RW, will the Finishing Touch still benefit from the Enwind?

I ask because I've had Climhazzard for Cloud for awhile now, but I haven't managed to pull Ragnarok yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Anything good on these upcoming FF 2 banners?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

... Wow, they really got the difficulties of the U+ and the U++ rear end-backwards this time around. :psyduck:

Beatrix: Lifesiphon R3, Banishing Strike R3, Seiken Shock
Tyro: Alexander R3, Multibreak R1, Sentinel's Grimoire
Leon: Draw Fire R2, Aegis Strike R2
Minwu: Protectga R2, Curaga R4, Will of the White Mage
Cecil: Life Siphon R3, Saint's Cross R2, Paladin Force

RW: Shout

:toot:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

AweStriker posted:

Lucky Draw gets me... Agrias' Kaiser Shield. And that's all!

It's still good right?

Same. And yeah, it's still good.

Though in my case it would have been better if I didn't already have two copies of it. :sigh:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Was hoping for Ashe's BSB and Fran's Lightning Imperil. Got Ashe's SSB and Vaan's BSB instead.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Pander posted:

[U+] Lamia was a slog. I was in no danger, I just didn't anticipate hone shortage.

I went full white mage, almost the same setup I used to destroy the [U] Emperor. I figured I'd get ~6000 dmg per R4 diaga, 2x R4 lifesiphon + cleansing strike for damage and mitigation, R2/R3 dances to make it go faster, and RW was FF2 Maria Meteor to give to Yuna once her summons ran out.

Ran out of most summons at about 25%. At about 10% I was dogpiling Agrias with the white mages to build up the bar for 6.5k cleansing strikes.

It worked but what a pain in the rear end.

Not even going to try the U++ given my awful, awful FF2 RS.

If you can find a Paladin Force RW, it'll tear the U++ to shreds.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Changing my RW to Paladin Force w/ Sun Blade (II) and Platinum Shield (XII). e5R5

I'll keep it on this until the end of the FF II event for people to try and knock out the U++.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Super goddamn mad at this bullshit game right now. Trying to level up a bunch of low level characters in the 90 stamina XP dungeon with Celes and Gilgamesh babysitting with those RMs that are supposed to draw single target magic and physical attacks. Also have Magic Lure and Draw Fire on them since apparently the materias' effects don't last through all three rounds. Finally managed to finish the first round with everyone alive, start the second round and... one of those loving dragons hits one of my low-level characters with Aeroga and one-shots them.

At this point I just assume that the magic-draw RM only works on the first round of the dungeon, quit and restart. Start the round, Celes manages to cast Magic Lure and... the Dragon completely loving ingores her and one-shots the exact same low-level character with Aeroga.

...WHAT THE GODDAMN gently caress.

So loving goddamn mad at this bullshit right now and my phone trying to autocorrect all my cursing is NOT loving HELPING GODDAMMIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:byodood:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

flowinprose posted:

I'd assume it's a natural-type ability, and thus ignores reflect and draw-fire type effects.

You do know how to save/load to reset without spending stamina, right?

I do not. :smith:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Inge posted:

(e.g. double tap home and swipe the program on android)

Not sure how to do that on my phone.

Triangle is back, circle takes me to back out to the screen on my phone where all the apps are, and the square opens up the task manager.

If I use the circle to go out to the apps screen and try to reenter the game from there, it just goes right back to where it was when I hit circle.

If I use the task manager and hit "Clear All", it'll close Record Keeper, but then when I go to reopen the program, it'll ask me if I want to resume where I left off. If I tell it no, it bumps me back out of the last battle I was in but still consumes my stamina. If I tell it yes, it goes right back to where I was in the fight when I opened the task manager to close the program, which is useless to me if the one of the guys I'm trying to level is already dead.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, I didn't get my 25 Mythril or bonus items either. Just gonna have to wait and see what happens.

Hey, look on the bright side, maybe we'll get apology Mythril out of this! :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Decided to throw one 11-pull at the Girl Power banner for another shot at Maria's Song.

Got a Danjuro. :smith:

And the Artemis Bow (IV) so it wasn't a total loss. :shobon:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It also appears on a really solid OSBfest banner, if it isn't replaced in global!

What a gorgeous banner.

Yeah, it looks pretty great.

I look forward to getting repeat copies of Sun Blade and Raines's Gloves. :shepface:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

KnoxZone posted:

As expected, the second wave of triple broken characters arrives tomorrow. This group is all the primary female characters in games (for games like VI and XIII it becomes secondary females).

Maria is about to become even stronger :woop:

Makes me sad that I've pretty much given up on the U+ for this current event. Even with decent synergy and soul breaks, I just don't feel like I have to hones to go the distance, and it doesn't help that I don't have the durations of some of these defensive effects memorized, so they end up lapsing and someone dies. Or everyone gets hit with Slowga and then get torn apart at the boss's leisure since I have no native Hastega and bringing a RW Hastega means forgoing SG/Stoneskin. And I don't have the patience to Hit and Run to build up Soul Break charges (doesn't help that one time I tried this, the boss still managed to get off a spell that left my healer near dead before I fled the fight).

What's the next event after this one? Hopefully it won't be as insanely overtuned as this one.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

KnoxZone posted:

Next event is an X event featuring Tidus's OSB, which is convenient since the U, U+, and U++ are all weak to water. Just RW his OSB and watch as like 3/4 of the health bar vanishes instantly.

I have Tidus's BSB, so that sounds like it should be manageable.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Inge posted:

Are you going to try for the OSB? Tidus is an absolute death machine with that combo. Not much resists water.

I'll toss an 11-pull at the banner, but I don't plan to go crazy chasing it. I've (hopefully) learned my lesson about that at this point.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

NaanViolence posted:

Ahriman is not overtuned. The U++ def is though.

My strategy if I were you would be to pull on any banner with a solid hastega or wall. Unless you're consistently lucky then there's a great deal of content you won't be able to handle without at least one of those two buffs native.

Sorry, I misspoke; when I said "no native Hastega" I meant no FF XII Hastega. I have hastegas from other realms, but the one time I tried running a non-FF XII team ended poorly. It was the attempt I mentioned earlier where I was trying the hit and run tactic to build soul break charges. Turns out not having realm synergy to boost my party's speed stats means Ahirman can get off an attack before all five characters can attack, and at one point Y'shtola ended up eating a Piercing Firaga to the face which dropped her to near zero before I could pause and flee.

So... yeah. gently caress this U+. There'll be other MCIIIs later on down the line.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Nothing worthwhile on the $1 pull, two copies of Yuna's Chaos Rod on the 11-pull.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Swapped my RW over to Tidus's BSB. e5R5 if you want your journey through the Ultimates to be filled with slaughter. :haw:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Decided to throw 25 Mythril at the Lucky Draw for the hell of it.

Walked away with Bartz's Cloak and a Wizer Rod. Was hoping for a Galuf relic (which I'm fairly certain at this point is never going to happen for me), but I'll happily take another BSB and Wind-boosting armor.

Speaking of Wind-boosting gear, I now have:
Air Knife (V)
Air Knives (XIV)
Cid's Goggles+ (VII)
Bartz's Cloak (V)

I also apparently have like 15 different SBs that are Wind-elemental to some degree, including Cloud's OSB, a few Enwinds, and some Imperil Winds, too. :psyduck:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

Sounds like time to start working on a mono-element team.

I have the following to choose from:

Bartz - Blade Wing, Choco Romp, Light of the Four
Cloud - Climhazzard, Finishing Touch (pretty sure this combination makes him an insta-lock)
Cid (VII) - Dragon, Big Brawl
Squall - Lion's Roar
Zidane - Stellar Circle 5
Freya - Six Dragons, Cherry Blossom
Eiko - Withering Winds (I also have her SSB and BSB, so she's probably going to be my healer)
Paine - Sword Dance
Fang - Megaflare
Thancred - Jin-Chi-Ten

Some of these I also have non-Wind SBs for that I didn't bother listing since the point of this is to focus on the Wind element stuff.

Cloud's obviously a lock, since he's got both his OSB and his Enwind SB; but after that I'm kinda suffering from decision paralysis. I'm kinda leaning towards Bartz, Freya and Fang since those offer me two addtional Enwind effects and an Imperil Wind effect. I'm not sure if it would be worth dropping one of them for either Paine or Thancred's Hastega.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hey, Omega!

:fuckoff:

First attempt had Yuffie in place of Minwu running Lightning Veil and Halting Rumba, but got wiped out by a flamethrower before I could S/L it.

Swapped in Minwu, and after a few times S/L'ing to get a Stop off as the first action, nailed him.

Juxta posted:

Put Ashe's BSB up as RM for Omega: akiM

Thanks for this, by the way, couldn't have pulled it off without you.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

$1 pull on the XIII-2 banner got me Hope's Hawkeye. :toot:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I was sitting here pondering my potential Wind-element based team, and it occurred to me I have a potentially decent setup for a Holy-element team:

Paladin Cecil with Paladin Force
Firion with Weaponsmaster
Cid Raines with Seraphic Ray
Aerith with White Materia and Pulse of Life
Penelo with Intercession and Mincing Minuet

I've got two +Holy swords (Excalibur IV+ and Sun Blade II), Basch's +Holy shield (which I'm kinda regretting fusing up to a 6* now, but eh, life goes on), and a ton of staves and rods with +Holy for the casters.

What kind of ability/RM setup should I be looking to run with these guys?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Cid Mission for U+ went fairly painlessly. Had Cid Raines running Memento Mori + Dark Zone (though he was only hitting around 7k per hit... guess I should've used one of the +Darkness damage RMs instead of Fallen Gunblade?); Lightning running Powerchain + Full Charge in the back row with a gun; Fang in the back row running Blood of the Wyvern and Dragoon Jump; Sazh with Magic Breakdown and Full Break, plus started the fight off with Godsend for Protect and Regen; and Vanille running Shellga and Curaga, with Miracle Cure for a medica when needed. Shout for RW.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

U++ cleared. :toot:

RW was a Gilgamesh BSB. This was my third party/RW configuration, and it took a couple of S/L attempts, but I eventually managed to get everything to line up where I had enough mitigation up that he couldn't hurt me while Vaan, Rinoa and Basch dismantled him with Burst commands and counterattacks. Speaking of which:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Vaan's BSB just shuts down any magic heavy enemy though.

Being able to completely shut down those AoE spells on the turns magic blink was down was what basically made this doable. Between Ark Blast, Keeper's Tome and Full Break, I was able to knock the damage down from 3k per hit to 3 digit hits.

Shock Trooper posted:

I've got 7 BSB's... Vaan, Pencil, Eiko, Ramza, Rinoa, Sephiroth, and Aerith. Still gonna totally pull on that Black Friday banner, half price or not.

16 BSB's. Firion, Leon, P. Cecil, Bartz, Faris, Terra, Aerith, Sephiroth, Squall, Rinoa, Zidane, Eiko, Tidus, Vaan, Fang, Tyro.

Still gonna pull on the Lucky Draw. :shepface:

Shame there's no RM to give Combat abilities a chance to trigger twice.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Two rainbows on the 11-pull!

... Yang's Fist and Porom's Hat. Was hoping for either Kain or Rydia's BSB, but all things considered, I'm okay with what I got.

Plus there's still the Lucky Draw next week.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Zurai posted:

Porom's actually stacks with literally everything in the game. The problem is that, when you're using that ... your healer isn't healing. Which is usually a problem on any fight where you really care about a stacking attack buff. And Porom doesn't have the skillset to do anything but heal or buff.

Porom's ATK/MND/Crit boostga feels more like something you'd set up as a roaming warrior than something you'd want your dedicated healer running for normal content.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I realized today that my relic draws have been really bizarre and off-balance. I've beaten all of the mage nightmares and am working on the support ones right now, but I don't have enough combat relics to field a team for the combat nightmare.

What do you have available? I just did that one a few days ago, stumbled through it without knowing how the hell the gimmick worked, managed to clear it, then looked up the actual mechanics online and was able to Master it. If you can field at least three strong physical fighters and a healer with a Wall Soul Break, you should be able to pull it off.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Finally got around to trying out the Multiplayer stuff, and it's super fun! ... on those rare occasions when I actually get to play instead of it getting to the battle screen then saying someone else disconnected and terminating the battle. :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Multiplayer hypothetical question: if I were to stick Ramza in the back row with an instrument so that he could do Shout and Full Break, would I be better off gearing him for Attack to get a bit more damage in, or Mind so that Shout's Hastega lasts longer?

For what it's worth, front row is gonna be Vaan spamming Ark Blast and its Burst Commands with the occasional Mug Bloodlust or Thief's Revenge as needed.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

I guess I'd better figure out how to make Snowspell Strike then? :sweatdrop:

It's unlocked using Spellblade motes from the mote event a few months back. Spend 1 mote to unlock the Snowspell Strike sphere on a character in Record Dive, 4 motes to unlock the ability for the character to use Spellblade 6* abilities, and then 15 motes to get a copy of the ability itself.

If you weren't around for that event, I think someone said that eventually those motes will be available from some kind of event content later on down the road.

Note that only characters with natural Spellblade 5* can unlock the ability to use Spellblade 6* abilities, which means it's currently limited to Bartz, Celes, Squall, Paine, Delita and Tyro.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

$1 pull was nothing noteworthy.

11-pull got me Elder Staff (repeat), Lust Dagger (nice, finally have a SB for Luneth besides Advance), Lust Dagger (repeat) and... Gungnir!

No OK stuff, but I'm fine with that. There's still the Lucky Draw this Friday.

17 BSBs now. ... Also, Luneth's Burst Commands are Combat-type. Weird; I'd have expected Dragoon, given that it's a lance.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The only upcoming Imperil Winds are Zack BSB in about 3 weeks (which is on the same banner as Cloud Wind-element OSB and Cloud's Attach Wind SB) and Zidane BSB (which is on the same banners as Zidane's Attach Wind SSB and Zidane's Wind-element OSB) in about 7.

Zidane BSB is a possible result on the Black Friday banner though, so who knows how that'll turn out for you!

Fang's BSB also has an Imperil Wind effect and will presumably be in the pot for the Friday Lucky Draw.

... Also, am I crazy or does the boss of Eureka - 7th Level East look like a Pillar Man?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

In multiplayer beta news, finally managed to get into a good group and down the U+ Ifrit fight. Gave up on the Wind-boosted Cloud + Fang strategy and instead opted to go full support with Vaan and Faris debuffing the ever-loving poo poo out of Ifrit while everyone else set up buffs, tossed out heals and blasted Ifrit with spells.

Go team pirate! :toot: :pirate:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Got Noel's BSB. Already have Faris's BSB. Not sure if that counts as a dupe or not, but hey, if nothing else it's a Support BSB for XIII content. Plus it's a stronger sword than my other XIII 5* sword, so I can't complain too much.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

There was a Sniper Sight relic back in FF VI that gave your physical attacks 100% accuracy.

Nobody remembers it because nobody used physical attacks in that game. :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I'm guessing the "Super Guts Headband" is probably the Twist Headband.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

My old phone bricked itself earlier today. Got a new phone and all my FFRK stuff was saved to my Google Play account so that's fine, but I don't have a Facebook account so I lost what little progress I'd made in Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. I've spent the last 2 hours fruitlessly searching through the terrible in-game party search function to try and track down the group of people I was partied with to try and get some information that might help Square Enix customer support migrate my old account to my new phone without using Facebook. I was unable to do so. :smith:

Finally gave up on it for the night, hopped on Record Keeper and threw 100 gems at Banner 2, not really expecting anything useful.

Got Refia's BSB. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Zebia posted:

Took the risk and pulled a second time on OK 1. Got really lucky and got both OK and Luneth's BSB. Now to save up for TG Cid. And Minfilia and Alphinaud apparently, why are they so good?

According to someone up thread earlier, Alphinaud's SSB gives the same stat boosts as OK's gauntlet, but also applies an effect that reflects physical damage back at the attacker.

• Locked thread