Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
So far on DeNA end I've had a handful of customer reps, each a bit less scripted and robotic than the last one. But they still claim 100% that they are unable to refund anything, and that Google needs to be contacted.

Google vias email is useless, no matter what contacted them with, I get the same canned response every time. "Outside of our refund policy." bluh bluh. The call to their local offices wasn't much more helpful, with them assuring that there's nothing I can't do, because I didn't request the refund fast enough initially. (edit) And also that it's DeNA that should do the refund, not them.

And yeah, I've been completely nice and polite to everyone. I feel like I should have started lying about a kid making the purchase or whatever from the start. :(

Basically DeNA and Google are pointing at each other, and saying that policies mean they cannot do anything.

(edit2) Found an email contact for local Google offices I hadn't been in contact with yet. Time to try my luck there...

Attestant fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Yeah, I know that a chargeback is pretty much the nuclear option. Now that it's weekend I'm a bit limited in who I can reach, but I'll see again on monday what I can do.

But frankly, I'd rather take the $100 hit and do my three 11-pulls, rather than risk losing my game account entirely. I still dig this stupid game. :shrug:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Uncle Ulty posted:

That is a real lovely thing for Google to do. But unless you need that $100 for rent or something, I would look at it like, "I was gonna throw money at the game for dollar pulls anyway. Now I can dollar pull on every banner for the next year."

Now that the horses are out of the barn, use the cash on a game you enjoy. :)

Most of the money would have gone towards Civ 6, and maybe some Warhammer 40k stuff, so it's not like this will mean disaster.

Still a pain in the rear end. :argh:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm actually really tempted to roll on this FF2 banner, mainly because I just hit 50 mythril and have 0 self control but the bursts actually seem strong.

I'd totally throw 50 mythril at this myself, if I didn't already have Maria's and Minwu's SSB's. Actually I have two of each, but having a fully combined and forged FF2 staff or mage bow isn't too tempting either.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Well, made a pull on the second banner since I needed more FF2 synergy.

I... guess that counts? Seems that Josef at least has been buffed since I last used him over a year ago, and at least this SB doesn't involve suicide? :shrug:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The CM was a bit easier than I expected, though mostly because I had the weapon synergy to go strong double-mage. Minwu's and Jofef's medica effects also meant that I was effectively immortal the entire fight. Every time I bring one of my instant cast medicas to a fight, I always get surprised just how good it is to throw out 3k healing on everyone without waiting time. Josef was mostly useless, though. Not that I had anyone better for the slot.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ugh not having a mage team makes so many of these Ultimate fights so frustrating and basically impossible :/

Lamia Queen with a physical team doesn't even seem doable, especially since she keeps charming my healer and putting people to sleep / confusing them right before SBs go off and stuff. I don't mind that the game requires different strategies, but these "have a bunch of good mages leveled up with skills honed or lol" checks are kinda annoying, because it doesn't really seem like the reverse happens very much. I haven't been playing for long at all, but I can't recall any fights where if you had a mage team you just couldn't really win.

With my XP coming from pretty much only Sundailies and not having enough orbs to create / hone good mage spells, it feels like I'm going to keep getting stuffed on certain events for quite a while still. I've got like 8 physical BSBs now and not a single mage one, and all of my mage characters are sitting around level 45-50 because there's no reason to ever use them for anything other than XP farming right now.

We've just had a handful of fights where mages are actually pretty good and usable recently. We spent like good 6 months worth of ultimates where mages were basically unusable, because they simply didn't have the tools to do as much damage as Shout meta. Introduction of imperils, enelements, double-agas, faithaga+hastega effects, etc changed things. But it's definitely very hone heavy to really get going.

That said, 8 physical BSB's sounds like you should be able to do it. In terms of firepower, that is a lot. Have you tried the reflect tactic, where you reflect her so that she can't Blink herself?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Hah, didn't think of that reflect trick, gonna try that out. One of the issues is that it seems like Blink is the first move she uses every time, and it goes off before anyone would have a chance to set up reflect, so I'd have to wait out the first cast at least. I feel like I have enough firepower, but she keeps doing that AoE attack that puts people to sleep, and then casting charm twice in a row. And without fail it seems to put my attackers to sleep as their SBs are charging and / or confuse my healer right before an important heal. I just don't have enough orbs to hone stuff - my Lifesiphon is at 2, and my Banishing Strike is at 1, so I can't reliably get rid of her Blink since I only get 2 attempts and they are almost assuredly going to miss.

I keep getting her down to like 30% and then I'm out of gas because all of my non-SB skills and burst commands are missing, and then it just takes a couple unlucky turns where my healer gets confused / put to sleep and suddenly someone is dead and the fight is basically over.

I wasn't around for the last Orbfest so my hones are just total poo poo and I'm not sure what to do about that. I still have a lot of dungeons left, but maybe I should be farming dailies instead for a while? The only other option would seem to be breaking down major orbs and I'm pretty sure that's a terrible idea.

Yeah, sounds like your issue isn't that mages would be better, but that you just have bad hones. Depending on where you are with stamina (100+?), I'd start looking in to doing some dailies exclusively. Old wisdom is to never skip Tuesdaily (power + black) and Sundaily, while doing events and dungeons especially on weaker days like Thursday, or days with orbs you're currently not needing. Set honing goals and focus on the dailies that would advance those.

As for breaking Major orbs, that's not a bad idea at all actually. Having a solid base of 3* and 4* abilities is an important step in actually being able to finish content that rewards 5*, so you're effectively spending orbs to get more orbs. Most 5* skills are still a luxury, and hardly required for progression. They tend to be more valuable for Cid's Mission use, which is basically extreme endgame anyways. The only exception to this is probably Full Break, but even then you probably have some BSB's in that big pile of yours, that let's you stack debuffs with breakdowns. Basically, don't be afraid to convert orbs lower, so you can get a solid set of bread and butter 3* and 4* skills set up. After that work on Full Break, then other 5* skills.

As for orbfests, hopefully we'll be due one soon near holiday seasons. Those really help kickstarting an accounts hones.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Looks like EXP dungeons are going to be twice per week in six months' time.

Several dungeons also get dual synergy, for instance, Black/Power has synergy for both IV and VIII. Basically, every realm has at least one daily per week now.

That's pretty rad. My autoattack parties are going to get even better!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shoenin posted:

Im looking at that, yay Summon orb daily finallwhy the gently caress is FF12 the realm for summon orbs

why not?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Another 11 pull, another 1/11 with a duplicate. (Fang's Partisan)

I'm starting to feel like I'm the unlucky person in this thread now. :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Please stop having good pulls when I get bad ones. It's rather rude. :colbert:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KnoxZone posted:

Dupes of last year's equipment rewards. Not sure if I am gonna combine or not, but it is a nice option to have.

Weird that we're not getting the ones JP got this time around.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

flowinprose posted:

It's a good thing, because supposedly the JP stuff was completely lovely, right?

No clue, I don't follow JP events closely enough. I suppose having a 6*+ version of a weird buggy evasion-pumpkin isn't the worst.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Took my magical A-Team for the mote dungeon, and yeah, ain't gonna take the FF2 crew to this fight. It was easy enough with access to Phantasm and dances, but the FF2 cast is so ill-suited for this fight.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Schwartzcough posted:

I hope all you jerks pulling Vaan's BSB are happy with yourselves! :mad:

Also, preliminary information on the WoFF banner has been dug up. Looks like a single banner with:

Laan OSB - 1xST Overflow physical dmg, Instant Death 100%, multiplier increases if Reynn is in party.
Lann BSB - 6xAoE Fire/Non-ele physical dmg, EnFire, Burst Mode
Reynn BSB - 6xAoE Ice/Non-ele summon magic dmg, EnIce, Burst Mode
Lann SSB - 0CT 8xST random physical dmg, multiplier increases inversely from remaining HP %, Stun 100%
Reynn SSB - 8xST Thunder/Non-ele summon magic dmg, party Haste

Plus another BSB, two SSBs, and a SB, for Yuna, Faris, Lightning, and Sarah, who are given out in the event. Not sure which relics, though. The burst commands for the new relics aren't known, but the icons look like standard single target/multi-target fire and ice abilities, respectively.

Honestly it doesn't look like an amazing banner so far (relative to what Japan's getting on the regular), but guess we'll see what the other relics are and what the burst commands actually do.

I wonder if the banner is kinda low power, because the event might be released here at the same time? Like actively trying to keep the global power curve where it should be.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KataraniSword posted:

Well, it's even low-power for what we'd get here. Compare Larsa 1 dropping tomorrow and OK a few events from now. This banner looks more on tier of what we'd get a few months back, like around when we got the original Rinoa BSB banners.

I wonder if it'll be America's inaugural "first 11-pull free" banner. As far as I know, JP's only had those for collabs and the Ultros banner, so... maybe?

To be fair, we weren't getting 1x OSB, 2x BSB banners a few months back. Heck, we've only had one global OSB so far.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I wish I had a device that actually has WoFF on it. Looks neat. But I'm kinda on PC and Nintendo these days. I guess I'll have to hope for a PC port.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

pichupal posted:

Right now Lann is getting a 6* Fist, and both are getting 5* Thrown weapons.

fake edit:

Lann's Stacked Ifchi [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Reynn's Stacked Bablizz [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Ice/NE summon magic attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks, ?% max HP heal to self

Other items on the banner are Sarah (FF1)'s Magic Blink + Cura Medica BSB [C1; Instant Curaga + Heavy Regen, C2: AoE heal], Yuna's HP Stock SSB, Lightning's EnLightning SSB and Faris's Yoichi Bow SB.

The Dark Bargain and self heal on the bursts aren't bad. Nothing too amazing, and it seems like Lann and Reynn are bringing in a new realm with them. Pretty sure other event relics with special synergy mentioned what realm they would switch to in the description.

Seem perfectly servicable, though not a must-pull.

I'd be happy with either though. But It'd be happy with any BSB at this stage. Give me Tiny Bee DeNA, anything will do. :negative:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Heeey, finally! First good post-G5* pull. :toot:

Of course BSB's are still basically a thing of legend to me, but a relic for the leading man, a medica for FF12, and a couple of other goodies is fine. Hauberk is a dupe, and I'm not entirely sold on Yoichi Bow, but whatevs.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Yeah, for mage meta use it just flat out loses to Clear Tranquil. 40% vs. 25%, instant cast vs. not.

And Ninja magic is really goddamn strong, provided proper investment and use. You need enough to hit the magic softcap for it (370 iirc, post buffs), use a +30% ninja damage RM, and hit a weakness and/or use the 4* abilities. The damage numbers feel lower at first, since you're probably gonna hit for about 6-7k tops. But when you factor in the significantly faster cast speed, you're actually making GBS threads out damage at an impressive rate.

For this reason Yuffie has been pretty integral to my mage meta teams when she can hit a weakness, or sleep something. As an added bonus the instant cast medica means that her DPS stream isn't impacted either.

(edit) Big con for Clear Tranquil of course is that I don't think it is available outside lucky draw banners anymore. I don't think it repeats on any banner anytime soon.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Oct 28, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ApplesandOranges posted:

In fact, unless there's a VII realm lucky draw, it won't appear period; Yuffie doesn't have any 5* abilities for Nightmare access.

Could show up on the more curated lucky draw lists, or global only things like dungeon update ones.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Spent a moment bruteforcing the White Nightmare 2, before I forget about it and have to wait a month. Supposedly this fight has mechanics or something?

Ninja-magic strikes again, thanks to Tyro!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The paranoid :tinfoil: in me is saying that I should wait for everyone else combine + reforge theirs. This would be a perfect opportunity for a stealth fix/nerf of the evasion stat.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Armitage posted:

This might be a dumb question but when do we receive the 25 mythril? Didn't get it when the event launched and didn't get it with the morning bonuses.

I had to relaunch the app entirely before it gave me the stuff.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Armitage posted:

I did and didn't get the 25 mythril. I just emailed support and asked them what's up.

If it makes you feel any better, multiple people are reporting the same issue on reddit.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I lost this one. :negative:

(Edit) Ok, won after a few rounds of S/L, then minor party tweaks, then some more S/L so I won't get hosed by confuse. Sheesh, this feels like the hardest CM released on global so far.

Magic Lure + Gigas Armlet feels like almost mandatory, or at least heavily recommended. Otherwise you'll be forced to decide if you wanna get hosed by single target spells, or Maser Eye. Less long time players may have to make due with Magic Lure + Defend, with some lesser elemental resist relic. Medica from Penelo was surprisingly useless for healing, but massively valuable for the 15000 damage it would do. Vaan felt maybe a little wasteful, but none of my other recent FF12 pulls were actually all that useful for the fight, so Lifesiphon + Pyroclasm it was, with Thief's Revenge for self heal.

SB's of note:
Intercession from Penelo
Pyroclasm from Vaan
Gallantry from Bach (His default, Low +Wall%, still handy)

Attestant fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 31, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

U++ wouldn't be too bad... if that motherfucker didn't stop people forever

I'm now there, and christ, this thing is tanky too. I'm really feeling my lack of native Holy-damage soul breaks now.

And yeah, eternal Stop or Slow from random attacks is real fun too.

What the poo poo is up with this Ultimate fight, it is hard as hell! Those things are just making GBS threads AoE that is doing over 1k with Protectga / Shellga up, and the single target magic is hitting for almost 3k.

This is harder than last week's U+ and U++ fights.

That's the easy fight this event! :v:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Well that Lightning is melting the Azers but now as soon as they're dead he casts short fuse and starts chain casting Blizzaja lol. How in the hell am I supposed to heal through this, there's no goddamn way.

Like literally the moment the Azers died he went Deep Freeze into double Blizzaja, which is something like 6k total AoE damage through Shell. I don't understand.

Sounds like you're actually immediately chunking his health to Very Weak. To quote the Reddit AI thread:

quote:

Once Mateus has been brought under 60% HP, he will shift permanently to Very Weak Form.

After Mateus casts Short Fuse on his first turn in Very Weak Form, he will immediately use Blizzaja (BLK: AoE - 270% Ice Magic Dmg, 21% chance of Sap) twice as instant actions. If an Ice Azer is in the middle of casting an ability when this happens, they will abort their cast and restart with a full ATB.

So it sounds like you got served a Flash Freeze -> Short Fuse -> Blizzaja + Blizzaja. His Very Weak-threshold is pretty low, so maybe try holding on to the RW casts until you get mitigation fully up. Shellaga, Magic Break/Breakdown/Breakdance, Full Break/Breakdance, Sentinel Grimoire, whatever you have, and then start nuking the poo poo out of him. Dances in general are invaluable in this fight, if you have em.

(edit) Also, post your setup, screenshot or whatever. Maybe we can help spot places to improve it!

Attestant fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 31, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

CaptainPsyko posted:

:siren: Reminder: Overnight server maintenance starts in an hour. Don't hoard stamina for Tuesdaily, spend it all now. :siren:

Thank for the headsup, I was going to start rolling over my stamina for Tuesdaily.

(edit) Datamining is in progress now @ https://www.reddit.com/live/xuz3ahncb1cj

Some interesting things like global multiplayer beta, several lucky draw banners, boss revenge event, somekind of boss event that starts today/tomorrow, orbfest in december, etc.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 1, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Ahhh there's so much cool poo poo that I'm not going to have any mythril for. I wanted to buy some of these costumes and get more orbs but it's hard not to spend all my stamina grinding out the rest of these classic / elite dungeons for mythril instead. I've got a pretty big pile of them left.

Tbh, get the costumes you want first. There's no guarantee those'll come back any time soon, while the dungeon mythril will always be there, and good relics may return in future banners.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
None of the banners are really impressing me. The fest-format isn't that great when all you have is old relics to work with, no new toys to aim for. :shrug:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Uh, ok. I looked at the Relic Draw meny briefly, and it gave me a popup for the curated debuff banner that global didn't get, and was replaced by the lucky draw instead. :v:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
FF12, Zodiac Jobs edition, was good. :colbert:

But yeah, these Ultimates are pretty hard. Still haven't done Daedalus++, because gently caress that guy, but I did enjoy how much of a fight Ahriman+ put up before I took him down.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Yeah, I really enjoyed Mateus U and Ahriman U+. Mateus in particular was a real nail-biter, I one-shot it but only by the skin of my teeth. It didn't really feel like anything in the fight was bullshit, he just straight up bombards you with damage and you need to take out the adds fast before you're overwhelmed. Ahriman was a bit annoying, but once you knew the scripted slow was coming it was just a matter of preparing for maser eye.

The only fight in that event I really despise is Daedalus U++, because of the bullshit stop RNG and his insanely high MND meaning that anyone he hits with stop may as well be dead.

At least Daedalus has pretty bad rewards, unless you're gunning for something that requires Earth or Wind Crystals. I may just ignore him, because I don't feel like going through all the S/L-ing that he requires.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shoenin posted:

Aside from "When's FF4 Cid" and "Will Ricard ever get another SB", since those have been confirmed in JP, what other silly poo poo that makes no sense that fucks someone over has there yet to be resolved?

Blue Magic, and the characters that were clearly left terrible because they might get the skill school eventually. For example: Quistis, Kimahri, Quina, and also all of their weapons that have +Mag regardless of their actual casting abilities. It's seems like they've been future proofing them for blue magic from the start.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
There's really nothing what I'd call "overtuned" about Mateus. :shrug:

Mateus is pretty much just your standard multi-target Ultimate, with just the slight twist that you want to use only non-elemental or lightning damage. Usual Ultimate fight checklist applies, where you probably want Wall or Hastega native, while RWing the other. Medica is heavily recommended as per all Ultimate content. After that this fight just boils down to actually having and honing the tools needed for multi-target fights, like Dances (Heathen Frolic Sarabrande + Multi Break) or non-elemental/lightning AoE skills (Things like Bladeblitz, Yukikaze, Swift Bolt, Valefor/Maduin, Ramuh, Quetzacoatl/Ixion/Syldra, or 5* or 6* AoE, etc.)

I get that it sucks when you're new, and your hones are still being built up, and you feel like you're missing out on rewards. But Ultimates are really the endgame, and building up to being able to complete them comfortably takes a while. Currently, some lucky BSB or OSB pulls may mean that you can kinda "cheat" your way through some Ult fights, but that really is the exception rather than the norm.

Thankfully, the Orbfest in December should really help with new players to get your hones up to speed! Especially the 3* and 4* basics mentioned here are important, along with Full Break, and occasionally Multi Break.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Honestly, we're sort of there already in Global, at least when you're a longer term player with good relics & hones. The major contributing factors are:

- High end bosses have many more Def/Res piercing attacks, that are the major threat in any given fight, so Wall does nothing.
- More access to stacking -Mag% or -Atk% debuffs means we're not just limited to Breakdown + Fullbreak anymore, but things like BSB commands with unique stat ID's means it's easier to stack 3-4 debuffs on a target, and reach the debuff caps.
- General power creep: We can kill stuff fast enough that a Wall is less valuable than just doing even more damage. Best defense is a strong offense, and all that.

Just look at Cid's Mission teams people use to clear Ult+ content right now. It's rare that anyone uses SG or SS2 RW, unless they already have a native Hastega and Boostaga/Faithaga.

Wall is obviously still super useful when you can run it, but it's not pratically mandatory like how it used to be before.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Bleh, another banner I kinda wanna pull on, but shouldn't. My FFX soulbreaks are meh, but I got a pretty disgusting amount of raw synergy.

Someone tell me to stay strong for FF3 and FF14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh hey, good news for everyone affected by the missing 25 Halloween-Mythril issue:

"Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

The Halloween present that includes 25 Mythril was not sent to some players on the announced date, and will instead be sent at 11:59 PM 11/6 PST (7:59 AM 11/7 UTC). As there has been a delay in the delivery of this present, we have also extended the closing times for the following Relic Draws.

Heir of the Dynast King Relic Draws
Now close at 4:59 PM 11/9 PST (12:59 AM 11/10 UTC).

Girl Power Relic Draw
Now closes at 4:59 PM 11/9 PST (12:59 AM 11/10 UTC).

Debuff Soul Break Lucky Relic Draw
Now closes at 4:59 PM 11/9 PST (12:59 AM 11/10 UTC).

We hope you continue to enjoy playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper."

• Locked thread