Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Noel's SSB is the cool one I think. It's literally built for weak phase spamming between Instant Cast, self Chaincharge x2 and 100% Interrupt chance. I think that only shows up in the Lightning OSB Banner though.

The XIII-2 plot is more Etro is really dumb, and so are the people who follow her.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It also appears on a really solid OSBfest banner, if it isn't replaced in global!

OSB Banners tend to change, although considering how popular Celes is it's probably got a pretty good chance of showing up anyways. I just mentioned the Keeper's Choice since those have changed the least between here and Japan, or at least changed in somewhat predictable ways.

The Terra OSB Banner was Fire themed and the Hope OSB Banner was Holy themed, hopefully they go all out with the others and theme them. That said, DENA also did things like putting Bartz's Enwind on a different Banner then his OSB and Bartz's Banner having 3 other water SBs, not Tidus's.

I'm expecting to pull on that Holy Banner and end up with a dupe Garland's Dark SSB.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
On getting MC2s, go to the Curada Nightmare once they open up again and take down Defender Z. You literally cannot die as long as you Berserk him, so it's a pretty easy MC2 to grab since the fight is so easy to cheese. Hand it to Cloud or Tyro and put that Dr.Mog's and Mako Might to good use.

They're honestly a big part of making the Bonus Battles of the events doable since you can just start with an SB charged for the boss which you can no longer do via trash mobs.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
For people who care about them, there is a Cid's Mission for FF3 and Onion Knight is your only option for a Support 5 (once dived). It's a boss rush too so you'd need to reapply any debuffs after each boss goes down, and the first one up has piercing attacks. Not sure how tough it ended up being, but it's a definite case for people who want 2 Major Fire Orbs. It sucks you need to bring him to at least like Level 95 and dive him for him to be useable for the CM, so you could make do with Ingus (or Desch).

And in case you forgot the recent buffs:
Luneth gained Darkness 4 and Dragoon 5, so he can self-buff for the CM and stack with his default SB.
Desch gained Support 4 and Machinist 4, which makes him an option when you need get a status effect, or for Support if Ingus is busy.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Terra's BSB is... well, it's not bad per se, but there's no synergy with her OSB. I'm thinking you meant her Enspell, which is her second SSB.

It's still a 20% MAG buff while the Burst is active which is pretty nice for mages since it's hard to hit their cap - but yeah, the EnFire SSB is better.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 5, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's really weird, because it's structured so Banner 1 is Aphinaud/Y'shtola/Minfilia, and Banner 2 is Yda/Papalymo/Thancred, but they still stick Papalymo's new SSB on Banner 1.

I mean, I'm all for a stacked banner so I don't mind, but it's still a little odd. Banner 2 has some good stuff; Papalymo's BSB is the Fire version of Maria's BSB, Yda gets a Full Break with Greased Lightning/Self Stoneskin Commands, and Thancred gets an Imperil Fire with either has a spammable Physical Blink in physical heavy fights or a 6 hit burst command for magical fights. It's also well structured if you want to make or already have a Fire team as all three bursts (+Yda's new Wall Break self buff SSB) are Fire. It'd be a pretty amazing banner on any other event.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

AweStriker posted:

The final difficulty of It's About Age, Not Size, Loc Team is pretty seriously beating on me. I have bad SB options for this bunch (the best I have is Vivi's W-Decay), and even with Multi Break on things are doing too much damage.

I didn't have much trouble so it's a little hard to give advice, but my suggestion would be to get a Maria BSB RW on Vivi and spam her second AoE command. It works well especially if your Summon hones are weak, and the stackable MAG buff should help.

Bring someone for hitting Ice for Mastery and then the rest can focus on mitigation, perhaps someone with the Witchcraft shared SB off the Witch's Hat or just casting Faith on Vivi. If you have it, native Wall is worth bringing over one of the kids.

Edit: Depending on your A team it might be easier to ignore the kids altogether.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 8, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Slepnir's Tail for Quistis, Seifer's Coat for Seifer and Ehrghiz for Zell. Nothing amazing, but VIII was my weakest realms (at least physically) of the 3 in the Draw so this is great.

I really should get around to doing Ifrit now. I've been pretty lazy.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Maria BSB RW works as well, hitting the Fire and Earth weakness, then offering the user a +20% buff from the Burst and 30% buff in Magic from Command 2. If you grabbed the Witch's Hat you have a weak Faithga Shared SB too, or just casting Faith/Memento Mori.

Just bring Chain Blizzaga (even at R1) and other ice stuff to help take out the last piggy.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

AweStriker posted:

I still need to do Nightmare Evraltana. First attempt I took a Strange Vision RW to the lens phase, but when it did enough straight damage to wipe everything they all exploded and wiped the party which... doesn't seem quite right. Although neither of the White Magic nightmares is likely well-designed, having it break this easily is a bad sign...

e: yes I am the above mentioned person.
Don't forget we've got other (offensive) White Mage BSBs now. Minwu's works well as a Hastega if you need one and Heavy Regen to get rid of Poison.

Jedi425 posted:

I had one MCII lode (somehow, I mastered the Behemoth FFXIII fight, I don't even know how) , so I dropped it on Cloud. Thanks for this, I didn't even know there were RMs that let you start with a bar of soul break. That makes all the talk of using Shout for everything make way more sense. With any luck, I can scrape up another MCII soon.

A good MCII to aim for is the FFX boss in the Curada Nightmare.

It's a pure damage check, because the whole gimmick behind the boss is if you Berserk it, all it does is spam a %HP attack, which means it can't kill you while berserked.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
My really dumb Tonberry strategy since I'm stingy with hones was Stop locking the first Tonberry with Fran and the Stop spell and just building SB gauge by autobattling. You can technically save the actions taken medal and just Hit&Run the Tonberries instead by giving her the Black Mage RM or a Dancer Mog's RM2. Depends on whether you have good Celerity SBs though, but Lightning's SSB should do well for the Tonberries and Locke's for the King.

How much damage is the Tonberry King's stab doing (doink maybe? The fixed damage attack) ? I think the formula is something like 1111 + n/5*1111 where n is the amount of steps taken by the Tonberries in the previous phase. This is sorta the deciding factor on whether Junk or Stab is more dangerous, but with Tyro's SG Junk shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Wow. I've got Cloud, Squall, Bartz, Leon and Faris's BSBs and thought I was still pretty lucky.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 17, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's random, I think.

I ended up just grabbing a Maria BSB RW and using that for the majority of the damage. For whatever reason, Earth isn't resisted or absorbed or anything so it worked out pretty well. Avoids physical counters and the stupid cape gimmick messing with Water/Ice, although he does have higher RES with the cape closed.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I personally gave up on Mastery, grabbed a Maria BSB and blasted him away.

If I get a Mage BSB sometime I'll probably come back to it and wait for the right Phases. Work on my Magic hones too.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ignoring any possible fest appearances, Kain's BSB comes back on Cid Banner 2 along with Rydia OSB (Earth/Water/Holy) and Dark Knight Cecil's BSB. Also features Edge's new instant cast Blink/Guts/Hastega SSB, and Cid's Imperil Lightning SSB.

Decil's BSB is pretty much just (self-inflicted) Dark and some Fire damage so it's not that great. Porom's SSB hat and Yang's Imperil Earth from this event round off the Banner, with Rosa's Proshellga Dress and Yang's Party Blink SB are shared between the two Banners.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 18, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar Draw got me Palom's new SSB! :toot: Holy, Fire and Lightning are all pretty common weaknesses and MAG/RES down will be great on any mage team.

Also fulfills my goal of getting something for Palom and Porom (Medica + Hastega). Also got Eddie's Mage Shout and Golbez's SSB so I'm all set for FFIV twin mage meta.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Did a run through with a random group and went pretty well on U+ Ifrit. Until we didn't take out the nail in time - that is some crazy AoE spam with AoE counter. 3 down, but still managed a mastery :toot:. It's really hard to count Ifrit's turns to beat the spike between lag, 8 characters performing actions, and Ifrit throwing counters out.

I was worried I wasn't really contributing much with Selphie and Fang since I don't have that many good BSBs, but the ATK/MAG breakdown and being able to save all my Dreamstages for the oh poo poo moment at the end worked out pretty well.

Pretty excited for when actual multiplayer comes out, It'd be fun to do this with goons.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 22, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
11-pull got me just Luneth's BSB :toot:. I was hoping to grabs Arc's Medica and the obvious Onion BSB, but getting a physical weapon puts me in the clear for just waiting for the Onion + Desch banner in the CoD event, which I wasn;t sure on pulling on just because it's mostly armor and magic swords.

Also, since Luneth is already at level 99, he's my new best character. I guess I'll grab Sky High for him now.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Four weeks from now actually. It goes OK > Squall > Leo > Angeal > Dorgann > Alphinaud/Minfilia.

I never remember the Dead Knight event trio order.

I might be pulling on Leo since my only VI synergy is Relm's Medica, but if I can get through the event with shared stuff waiting for Locke/Celes OSB Banners is the plan.

Especially with OSB fest coming up. I don't want to dip into my Surprise Lucky Draw/FFXI/FFXV/WoFF saving either since the timing and potential existance for those are all up in the air. Actually liking Lann and Reynn while playing WoFF modified my Mythril plans.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
After noticing that Luneth's BSB Command 2 lowers RES, I was wondering if there's some story reason why he's so low in resistance.

His low RES counterpart, Fran, has the whole "susceptible to mist" thing in the story, but I can't remember anything that would justify Luneth having the lowest RES score other then Core Dragoon.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Overture and First Fusion Sword (dupe)

It's like I got the same BSB twice. That was dissapointing.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

IcePhoenix posted:

Does the memento mori magic boost stack with faith? Trying to put together a mage team since I now have Maria and Terra's BSB's to go with Edward's hastega + faithga, and I figure a darkness caster to RW an OK BSB would probably be the best way to do it if they all stack.

The hardest part will be the turns it takes to get their gauges filled :v:

Nope, it's the same buff. Memento Mori is still worth it for Dark Zone, but if you're using Ed's Faithga + Hastega, Tellah's SSB is another good choice instead of the Onion BSB so you can get Doom to run Dark Zone + Chain spell/Drainga/whatever else instead.

It's a shame Tellah doesn't have Darkness to take advantage of his own SSB, but it makes it pretty nice for an RW.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

IcePhoenix posted:

That's a good point, though the hope with memento mori was to take advantage of the magic boost for the defend command from the BSB, which I think is still going to do overall more damage than dark zone because of the cast time decrease?

Huh, I forgot about that. I was more concerned about making Ed's Hastega unredundant it slipped my mind. I'm sure someone's done the math, but the 20% MAG boost from the burst on top of the ATK/MAG buff will definitely make the Onion BSB the best option for damage.

I could see Tellah's being useful as a weak phase emergency button with the party Instant Cast, but Onion BSB will probably beat it out it most cases.

Thinking about this is distracting me from disappointing pulls and pulling again.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I think there's a Dissidia item called Sniper Soul?

The second one is I think from FF13, translated as "Starfall Pendant". Matches up with the Poison resistance on it too.

The last one I can't find in a previous game at all, but calling it Super Guts Headband with sleep prevention is probably a cry for help from the dev team.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar Draw gave me a Shared Protectga from FFVII. Can't even be disappointed with it when it's my first VII armor and first shared Proshellga relic.

Still wish it was Refia's BSB though.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Sprite141 posted:

I don't want to waste a devotion rm spot on the sb charge, and I'm really not gnna see myself being able to alternate sb's. Especially since the ssb has a self faith which I'll need to keep up. As well as having imperil thunder and good damage. If I can get the enthunder sb going at the same time, I'd be super surprised.

Edit: Also the magic sword isn't good as an attack stat stick for me, as I already have luneth's first sb sword and a fully rosetta stoned ssb holy boosting sword for ingus. Desch's sword is only +10 attack over the holy sword, which isn't worth it to switch.

You could run Desch with Wrath + Ace Striker. It'd be pretty good on a mage team where your 5*/6* hones and Devotion are already taken by another mage. Give him a spell for that other slot, or run the bard versions of Proshellga, or even the weak Faithga bardsong if you're using Onion BSB as your hastega.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Koobes posted:

So just to check if my math is correct. Refia needs 400 atk to 5 hit lifebane with her SSB/Onion BSB/Shout, or 310 atk with SSB/OK BSB/Default SB/Shout, correct?

Yup. You can make it easier on yourself by making Refia cast the burst or giving her Dragoon's Determination (both 20% boosts).

Shout + Onion/Refia SSB/Default SB + DD = 433
Shout + Onion/Refia SSB/Default SB + Burst Mode + DD = 361

Bell_ posted:

Huh, 100 gems got me a shield. I didn't know Ingus got a BSB.

Now, a 5* is a 5*, and even Tiny Bee is something, but how excited should I be?

Self ATK/DEF buff is good if you have weak synergy or once the ATK cap is raised, the Sentinel effect combined with Retailiate on his commands are also great for mitigation. Ingus can't use Retaliate without diving him, so the BSB let's you save on diving him for that. Refia and OK's BSBs are just top tier so Ingus sorta falls into the background, despite having a pretty good SB.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 27, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Huh, I've been having a problem where if I switch characters on the multiplayer menu, the screen doesn't actually show any of the changes I made.

Must be a surprise for people when Palom transforms into Eiko, but some people won't start a battle unless they see the healer (which is smart) so I'm not sure what to do there.

These Multiplayer Ultimates sort of suck for me since I don't have any good healer or Mage BSBs, so I've been deciding between Tailwind Ramza for Sleeping, Eiko for Reraising, and Palom for Magic damage.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Finally got the Ultimate going, and while it took me like 6 Phantasms to trigger a Sleep, the Tyro BSB user never lowered their Attack. So time to try that again.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Successful multiplayer run of the U++ started with two people dying before anyone took a turn, but no one else fell after that.

We stacked Cait Sith's ATK/MAG Break SB with my Porom MAG/RES SSB, actually focused on the correct opponent, and didn't wake up the Dragon until Pencil started spamming his BSB. Had to use my Meltdowns early so we wouldn't be dealing with two targets.

Multiplayer almost wants me to make Meteor for my Palom since Ruinga isn't that impressive damage wise, but when you get a team that can work together, multiplayer is pretty fun.

They eventually roll out the ability to save multiplayer setups, right?

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 28, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Getting the First Fusion Dupe and Overture on my BSB Lucky Draw is the biggest sign I shouldn't draw on this banner. I have decent 13, 4, and 7 synergy. There are maybe 3 items on this banner I would actually like even considering stat sticks.

I'm probably going to cave and pull anyways at some point because I have very little self-control. An 8* First Fusion Sword would be nice. I'm trying to remind myself the Buff Lucky Draw is coming up, or that this 25 Mythril is probably better spent refreshing during orbfest, but I have enough spare Mythril from the Thanksgiving bonus that I have enough for all my scheduled pulls.

MarcusSA posted:

I'll pretty much always pull when its 25 mith.

I got Serah's Starseeker, Golbez's Ebon Armor, and Rosa's White dress which is like a mini wall? Great for me since I didn't have poo poo from any of those relms.

Protectga+Shellga for Rosa.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Haven't done the Revenge bosses yet, but don't forget we now have Delita's Magic Lure RM that you can put on someone with Water Resist stuff.

Pretty sure Caius's opening salvo respects Draw Fire mechanics too, so if you have someone you think can handle all three opening attacks, Amarant's RM is there for you.

The opening of those two fights are particularly brutal.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I didn't listen to my own advice and got punished for it.

1/11 - Tellah's Dire Meteo - marginally weaker then an SSB, can't be boosted since it's non-elemental, 50% HP cost

It's as close to an offbanner as you can get. I don't mind the extra FF4 Mage synergy since both of my Golbez relics were armor so Porom can take her Staff back, but other then that it sucks.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 29, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Lightning OSB event, I think.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
There is a Crisis Core event coming up which helps explain Zack a little. I also enjoy how Beatrix's immense popularity puts her in 3rd priority after Zidane and Garnet, despite not being playable.

Maybe if they gave Vivi and Tifa better relics this wouldn't be happening.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Armitage posted:

Finally, TAY gets represented. Hopefully Dimensions is in the near future

Although I would not look forward to the trash spamming or countering with Body Slam, Whack or Thwack all the live long day

For a moment I was thinking of Dragon Quest and cried at the idea of AoE Instant Death counters.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

KataraniSword posted:

For those asking: The next FF3 event not only has Onion Motes and OK's BSB return, but it puts all three of OK's relics plus his upcoming OSB onto a single banner for convenient whaling.

The bad news? That event just happened in Japan so it's probably coming some time in April or May.

It's a really weird banner. It has the best (Onion BSB) and arguably worst (Desch's 50% HP cost HotE) FF3 SBs on it.

If you're pulling for synergy, it's a little weird too. Mostly armor (Desch and Ignus's Gauntlets, Onion's BSB and OSB, Arc's Robe), a few Mage weapons (Onion's Staff, Desch BSB and SSB Swords), and 1 physical weapon (Onion's Sword). It's a shame Onion didn't take the Vayne route and get a weapon that's functional both physically and magically.

Oddly enough, Onion's OSB is probably the second worst SB on the Banner, being non-elemental. It's still a 6* armor though.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's on both Dorgann banners actually along with Exdeath's Grand Cross and Greg's disappointing OSB. (Also on Keeper's Choice 3 if you want to guarantee it.)

Banner 1 is probably better (Krile and Galuf have good Fire BSBs, and Sheepsong returns - although Dorgaan conflicts with Onion BSB), but Banner 2 has Faris's Imperil Wind SSB, so it's a toss up.

Angeal 1 is the Wind Banner though if you really want to build a Wind team, but it doesn't matter much if you want Butz stuff.

Edit: I'm slow at replying.

Zidane OSB Banner isn't too bad either. Zidane has an OSB, Imperil Wind and Enwind Relic on there (Enwind Relic is a Wind damage+ armor too).

pichupal fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 4, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I'm not married to Bartz, just that he's my other strongest DPS right now. Depending on my pull luck, I can shuffle around as needed.

Makes sense. Mentioned the Zidane OSB Banner since he can still fit the Mug Bloodlust requirements and the support Burst commands frees up Onion and Tyro to do a bit more and Zidane can cover the occasional status effect with Machinist 4.

Also compared to Cloud, Zidane and Bartz have actual Wind abilities to rely on (Snowspell Strike and Tornado Strike for Butz, and Dash Bite or whatever the 2-hit Wind Dagger skill will be called for Zidane).

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I've got:

VI - Relm's Medica (actually my only VI SB)
IX - Steiner's Excalibur, Vivi's Doublecast Decay, Eiko's Reraise
XIII - Lightning's BSB and SSB, Fang's SSB
XIV - Nothing

If I get lucky with the draw, it means I can skip on pulling on the General Leo banners and go straight to the Locke/Celes OSB banners for fixing my VI synergy, and I can't skip out on trying to grab Dagger's Dagger again.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I've always seen Orlandeau's relics as the reverse of the traditional En-element into OSB pattern, where you'd go Powerchain-> OSB to get Thunder God Mode -> BSB.

Like, you'd probably want to just doublecast his OSB if you were lucky enough to have both, but a slightly weaker Full Charge that's either an Holy/Non-elemental ATK/DEF debuff or Dark/Non-elemental two-hit Drain command sound pretty nice to me.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
You have Agrias though. Shift Protectga to Cecil or switch out Lifesiphon and have her do Spellblades.

Edit: She's not a 5* like Bartz/Celes/Delita/Squall/Paine (I think Orlandeau is the next one and Steiner is getting a 5* buff soon), and can't dive for it like Luneth/Cloud/Balthier/Lightning, so she can't use the best Spellblade stuff, but hitting weaknesses is stronger then Lifesiphon and still pretty good at charging her SB.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
2/11 - Noel's BSB and Shadow's SSB. :toot:

Nice to have another BSB, and Noel's got a pretty decent skillset, even if it's not the most exciting thing since I have Faris's BSB and I'm pretty good for XIII synergy. Shadow's SSB will probably tide me over the General Leo Banners too, so hopefully I can wait it out until the Locke/Celes event to pull and save for OSB banners instead.

• Locked thread