Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Unless my earth, wind and/or fire situation improves drastically I'm not bothering to pull on KC2. 3/7 dupes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'm probably going to get a 2nd Excalibur. Yeah, it's Steiner's sword I want, not his co-worker's. :shepface:

Speaking of Steiner, is stacking DEF the only way to make his SSB work? It seems pretty lovely if I just throw a bracer on him, his lifesiphons do more damage than his SSB.
getting good defense without sacrificing too much power is basically the only reason abilities like Steiner's SSB exist; if you're not doing that why use it at all?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Physical synergy for XIII, and a +lightning shield. Sure. The SB makes Mog redundant, glad his RD isn't out yet cuz I might have invested in that for dragoon 5.

Yet another elemental boost that I don't have a matching elemental SB for though, lol. OTOH, once Lightning Dive is out I doubt I'll care too much.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Benthalus posted:

1/11 for Refia's Rising Sun.

Guess who was skipped when handing out Monk motes in order to get Lifebane to R2?

Doh. Look's like she's going to have to use R2 Exploding Fist for a few months.
this is why I reserved at least 5 class motes for each class

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wilekat posted:

Went for a lucky draw pull because why not. I don't what these do. I hear Hope's BSB is good? I don't actually own any of these characters so should I pick one of them up to throw it on while I grind my way through the basic stuff?
Deneb Duellers is a 30% boostga, useful mostly for Cid Missions, but definitely useful. Hopes BSB is pretty good damage, but lacks utility. Glaive is a bit outdated but hey, synergy.

I'd pick Hope up first, it'll be a while before Cid Missions are important for you.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Scob posted:

went ahead and did the lucky draw, i was looking to add 3 and tactics synergy and figured id take the chance, got 2 of ramza's bsb katanas and fangs bsb spear. I guess I cant complain for 25 stones even though ill probably never use fang.
"I guess 3 bsbs in my lucky draw is ok" :jerkbag:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

It's 6 single-target wind hits, attach wind, and a higher multiplier depending on the number of 5* dragoons in the party. They keep trying to push this "party of dragoons" angle, but dragoons get almost no ability diversity. I mean, they're better than monks, but as far as I know there's no White 4, Support 5, or other important skillsets on a dragoon.
All three of Ricard's fans must be weeping tears of joy about an SSB that's essentially identical to every en[element] SSB. Sorry guys.

That said, it should be functional without any other dragoons. I don't know the multiplier but enaero is a huge boost.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I pulled on this one cuz I either wanted a holy SB to go with my holy boosts or a Crit +50% to optimize all my non-elemental, multi-hit SBs

:toot:
Golden Hairpin also opens up some options for me. Very nice.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've made 4 pulls under G5 so far, and all 4 have given me exactly 2 relics (and no dupes, either). Which is fine by me.

Edit: 3/4 of those pulls gave me a +element relic (fire, lightning and water). The one that didn't give me a +element relic gave me an enstone relic instead.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 14, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Edward's Lamia Harp comes with Holy element stackable break effects (atk/mag on command 1, def/res on command 2) for what it's worth.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

As far as pulling goes, I'm honestly not really sure where I want to go with my relics anymore

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If I beat a boss in the Nightmare dungeon, will it still be beaten after the dungeons close and reopen, or do I lose that progress? I was gonna go for the Meltdown record and I beat Garland like a chump, but Hein is just too much for a physical only team between his AoE blind and his insane evasion, and my mage team isn't even close to ready yet, so I guess I'll put that one on the backburner for now.
it will stay beaten

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

:woop:
I got it, my first Holy SB! Leon's isn't bad either (and I like him better as a character :v:). Priest Miter exists? I don't know the deal with that but who cares.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I set aside 100 mythril for FFII, do I do another pull? On this banner or the next? I now have both the BSBs on this banner, as well as a Wing Sword++ and a Cat's Claw++, both of which I can reforge as needed.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

LornMarkus posted:

Welp, likes like I got my first Global Boostga out of the Dollar Pull, so how's Gordon as a character otherwise?
He has Support 5 and big boy weapons, so he's fine. Not the best among supports but that's not too big a deal.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh, apparently Firion didn't get his Samurai buff yet

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Got Leon's axe and 2 of Maria's bow. That axe Burst seems pretty good against any boss weak to darkness (especially with a built-in drain attack), but the bows are kinda meh at this point I think, unless I'm missing something about it. Is there a reason to keep both of them or should I combine em? I don't think I've used a bow even once so far so I dunno if even a combined one will ever see much use. The magic boost is nice, but I've already got Vincent's shotgun and Edea's crown for that, and they don't stack, right? I'm guessing both of them are better mages than Maria, too, since I never hear anything about her.
Keep them separate unless you have adequate 2 synergy. And yeah Vincent and Edea are better for general use, though the magic boost could be useful for Cid Missions?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

One thing to remember about Maria's bow is that with synergy it's attack should be perfectly usable if not ideal. And more than half of the current FFII cast can use bows.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Can you use Summon Magic against Kaiser Dragon?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Beat Kaiser Dragon, but water and lightning were the only two elements he didn't cycle through, ugh

Well, whatever, got Meltdown now :toot:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I was so excited about getting Leon's BSB that I bought his MC2 without checking to see what MC2s came with the event :downs:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I wasn't able to do the Cid Mission, unfortunately. Might try again tomorrow.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

victrix posted:

I got Minwu's Staff from the FF2 banner, is there any reason to use it over Selphie's medica with magic blink built in?
physical bosses don't give a poo poo about Magic Blink

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

New players should start doing dailies as much as possible and build up a stock of greens to buy the wardrobe records they missed. At least for their favorites.

It would be a bit weird to get Lenna and Galuf's default outfits on Halloween of all things, but I wouldn't complain.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I wouldn't get my hopes up, though. People have speculated they'd be added in basically every FFV event since the outfits were revealed.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Yda is probably still at level 1, I'll have to check. Vaan got a nice upgrade from my Kogarasumaru. Who cares about Wakka? Nice statstick maybe.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 26, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh, I thought the All-Rounder was the ball Wakka got where the break only lasted for 10 seconds, but apparently it's the 25 second one. That's nice. Probably still won't use it much but hey.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

widespread posted:

Someone sell me on Exploda, Assault Gun, and Yellow Megaphone.

Also I feel a bit cheated getting basic SBs?

And finally, yeowch I'm behind. I guess dailies await me?
Assault Gun and Yellow Megaphone are solid enough - the latter with the usual caveat that it's a non-medica on a healer. Stackable breakdowns are nice. Exploda isn't great, as it conflicts negatively with both Shout and Steal Power.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

AoE debuffer isn't something you usually need though. Nice to have when you do, admittedly.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

QuantaStarFire posted:

I got two copies of a Fang spear and Vaan's SSB that doesn't seem as cool since it's basically Steal Power whereas Fang can at least drop ATK/MAG which is super-useful.
at least it's the same potency as Steal Power/Shout, that vastly improves its usability.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What are the stats on the pumpkin? I started this a bit after Halloween last year

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I wish New DeNA would wise up on Old DeNA's decisions and merge blitzballs into thrown and gun-arms into guns. :sigh:
have they done that before?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Should I grab Vaan or Firon's mc3? I have both of their BSBs.

pichupal posted:

They didn't change the old items, but Setzer's Gambling Gear got axed and all his new relics are Thrown.
ok good, that's what I thought, but I don't have any of Setzer's gear so I wasn't sure.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Lucky draws are done with earlier realms shown first. Notice how it goes X > XII > XIV.
?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Thanks to getting the Orichalcum Dirk in the Lucky Draw I now have 6 physical weapons for FFXII. I don't think I'll need that many, right? Should I combine my 3 Kogarasumaru? (Last 2 are Traitor's Bow and Ras Algethi)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

CaptainPsyko posted:

Desch is enthunder not imperil. (Unless he has both? Anyway that SB is bad.)
I don't think Desch's Imperil is out yet. But whether it's already been released or not, it's going to be on banner 2 of the next III event, along with his Enthunder.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Does the mythril appear in your inbox or do they dump it unceremoniously into your total?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Basically all I want from these banners are the BSBs, so pass. Maybe pull for razzmatazz if I get Tidus' OSB, but that might return on a better banner anyway

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Also, if you haven't already gotten them, strongly consider grabbing Cid (vii), Palom, Relm and Luneth's +experience RMs, since there's going to be an Orbfest in a couple of weeks.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hello worst draw I've had since G5 dropped.
Still puts Tidus over Zack (Buster Sword CC) and Lightning (Blazefire Sabre) for the Powercharge combo, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Uncle Ulty posted:

Along with a few other SB items, I got an off-banner Coral Sword from FFIX today. It says that it increases lightning damage.

I also have Lightning with Crushing Blow, and a Kaiser Shield. Will the bonus lightning damage for the Coral Sword and Kaiser Shield stack? I can never remember if it's damage or resistance that stacks.

It's crazy that Tidus's armor is considered just a regular unique SB instead of a SSB. Multiple hits and removing the delay on the next two actions? Compare that to my first ever SB, Yuna's The Sending, which is just one single Holy hit. These two definitely aren't on the same level. The power creep is real.
they stack, grats

• Locked thread