Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farg
Nov 19, 2013
2 masamunes, an Excalibur, Platinum Sword, and Red hat from my Vol II pull. Good haul?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
what level of team is required for ultimate+ fights like the one that went up today? i spent some time trying to put together a team with what i had, everyone in 70+ with good sbs, wall and shout, etc. but I got killed before I could even get more than one sb off.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

This was my first time beating an ultimate!

What worked for me was taking the boss's counter attacks seriously and dedicating half my team to defense / healing. Also brought wrath so I could charge up breaks without attacking.

Ended up only attacking the boss with fire spells, osbs, and breakdowns. Worked much better than my first few attempts.

I don't have a medica, though, so you might not need to dedicate so much to avoiding damage.

My characters ranged from 65 to 80.

Maybe try bringing a RM with Terra's OSB. Two hits will knock off most of its health.

i mean even with two terra osbs and a medica and wall/shellga, he's killing my healer before they have sb gauge and even firaga strike on my best attacker does like, 5k damage and I have 6 of them. i don't get what i'm missing to do all that damage and survive the counterattacks

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Who should I use my first NC3 on? Tyro, Ramza, Penelo, Bartz, or Gilgamesh? The first three have wall/shout/medica respectively and the last two have BSB

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
If I could only make one pull, should I make it tonight or at ff14, and why

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Beasteh posted:

Farg are you screech of the. because hi

Big shout outs to the SE++ crew

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i beat my first ever U+, the day after making my first full break! It was Ochu, who Gilgamesh's BSB makes short work of. Unfortunately I forgot to bring earth damage so I get to do it again. Also very excited to pull thyrus tonight

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
apparently we aren't getting the 10 new years mythril so i better stop doing orbfest and start mopping up dungeons

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
1/11, alph coat. Eh.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so alph coat is like, a mage shout with a probably not useful effect yeah?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It's atk/mag (same as Celes/OK BSB) so it stacks with mage shouts. And the effect destroys multiplayer bosses.

Oh dang, so does it stack with shout then?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Alphinaud is a cool dude :colbert:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Pulled on phase 5, pulled a unique for gabranth :doh:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Has any game actually finished in the main dungeons? If so, do they do anything special for the finales?

Also when do we get a hildibrand event

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
what do you guys use for organizing and tracking your equipment/characters/rm/etc? I see google doc templates but I don't really know how that stuff works, and I can't find any good guides or explanations on how to use them. I'm getting to the point where I want to see what I have for my own use and for better asking for advice.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Would you guys say that eikos ssb is an upgrade to penelos ssb as a medica? Also is rinoas bsb good

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Is tenents of the faith good

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Beasteh posted:

Yes also its been explained in painstaking detail on this very page Mr Farg!
gently caress reading

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
So I'm building babies first mage team and I need advice. Here is what I'm working with

Tyro with wall
Krill with sheepsong
Alphinaud with deployment tactics
Rinoa BSB
Yuna with BSB2

Am I overlooking dumb stuff like overwriting buffs and does this team Comp make any sense?

Beyond that, what sort of abilities should I be looking to pack/hone? I've never messed with any magic but I got your standard full breaks/downs curaja and protect/shell.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
So I pulled my first ever OSBs, ashe and orlandeuaoulu. How should I go about using these and is one noticeably better than the other? I have neither character levelled.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
My incredible luck spree this anniversary continues due to the lucky draw giving me a complete onion knight kit. Now when can I get some notes so I can make my lv99 death god truly hosed up

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
nuthin but some healer ssb from the first fft banner. was kind of hoping for ramzas usb because my ramza is already a loving monster. anything particularly noteworthy from 2?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Pander posted:

what's your opinion on orlandeau?

my opinion is i got his osb

Also! Could anyone give me advice on what abilities I should be trying to get/hone? I have what feels like a pretty good A team almost set up, by I feel like I'm missing a ton in terms of abilities and coverage

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/SeKe#tab_abilities

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
First ever Ult++ :toot:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
WHAT....is the best six star ability, for me to make

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I got two lulu bsbs. Is her bsb any good? If not, how useful is the ice up effect?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Rydia BSB and a Cid OSB dupe to merge! Is Rydia's BSB worth levelling her up if I haven't done nightmare yet?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
And now I have a fully completed TGCid. His burst seems even better than his osb!

When should I be able to start doing nightmare dungeons? I'm currently stalling out on ult+ stuff and torment is a pipe dream, so it seems like magicite is the next big power increase

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i don't really worry about hitting every mythril since there will always be more mythril or whatever, and if I'm at the point where I have exhausted all mythril then i am powerful enough to be able to pull slower. my urges to play this game come in waves so i make sure to spam mythril refreshes even if i'm just doing 1/2 realms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
oh jesus these renewal banners are brutal. I just barely finish all of 3 today and then I peak at IV and I have 4 banners to do

• Locked thread