Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ultimate and Ultimate+ are down, it was REALLY loving satisfying watching Cloud hit Midgar Zolom Ultmate for 99,999 damage. EnWind+Wind Weakness+FB+Shout=One loving dead snake. Gonna hold back on the U++ until I can get my FF7 team up to speed since I pulled the Apocalypse and Red's newest Hairpin, but...I don't have a MEDICA for FF7...and I don't have any more money for pulls. So I suppose I'll have to get creative for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, what's the secret to the Zombie Dragon Ultimate fight? I feel like with the synergy I have this should not be a difficult fight but I'm just repeatedly getting my rear end kicked by AoE spam.

Spam Fire (except on the second one) and Holy. Save your SBs for the third one (since it counters ALL THE loving THINGS). Then burn down number four as fast as possible (I'd use your second RW wall here or on number 3) and make sure you have Full Break+Magic Breakdown on it at all times, if you have native Hestaga RW Wall and hope for the best. Your healer will have a hell of a time keeping up with just Curaja, so if you can bring someone with a percentage heal SB like Yuffie or Ramza. Other than that, all I can say is hope for the best, and keep your party as healed as you can without just burning uses for the sake of burning uses

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
My good luck continues in FFRK. I can swim in all these relics. Got a nice 5/11 on the half-off pull tonight.

I truly am the most all American FFRK Player. ALL THE GUNS. All of them...except not.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Schwartzcough posted:

We all hate you. You're the reason my relic pull rate has actually dropped since guaranteed 5*.

Now you feel zoidberg's Kemix's pain!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Did an 11-pull on the FF9 banner, because I am weak.

4/11

Esthar Bracers
Excalibur IX
Excalibur IX
Trident

:woop: Waifu spear get! Also two other stat sticks for FF9 synergy. BUT WHO CARES, WAIFU SPEAR!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
11-pulled on Keepsake Ribbon 2, in an attempt to complete my Freya for the moment.

2/11

Tin Armor
Bistro Fork

Ah well, maybe next time it shows up.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Not sure if I posted here, but I made an 11-pull on FF2 Banner 1.

3/11
Sun Blade (II) (Woop!)
Gungnir (II)
Dancing Dagger (II)

Needless to say I was happy with my pull and intend to do an 11-pull on the second banner when I get some more mythril.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Dollar pulled Fran Lightning Imperil SSB, so hey, I might actually use miss bunny one of these days :toot:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I decided to do an 11-pull on FF2 Banner 2 in an attempt at more good poo poo.

Well look at that, one of the thongs I wanted from the banner. Wanted Minwu's BSB, but Maria's BSB's good too

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Instant Cast Curaga Medica has been my staple healing for the last...several months. Seriously, it's a no frills fill up with no cast time, there might be other things that attach more poo poo to the Curaga, but Minwu hasn't left my party since I pulled it.

Also I'm done pulling for now, probably gonna do an 11-pull on FF3 Onion Knight or an 11-pull on FF5. I want me a husbando OSB and Greg is my favorite. FF9's still my favorite and I intend to pull on THAT for my rat waifu's BSB, one way or another.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 28, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Garin posted:

I convinced two friends to play the game for the first time today and man do I feel like a bad influence. :smith:

Wheh. The game does F2P right, so I wouldn't feel SO bad about it. Though...jeezus. Holy god drat whales, Batman!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Currently using Sunday for Sundaily, because I have a metric fuckton of back-ordered SBs to learn. I think I'm currently at like...seven learned on today -alone-, which will more be ten or more by the time I go to bed tonight. Only reason for that is because I loving opened at work today, started my day at like 3 in the morning because of my rear end in a top hat dog waking me up.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Base stat 7* Witch's Hat folks. Not that I'm likely to ever USE it, but hey, I have a freebie 7* armor.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Posted on the last page the 7* Witch's Hat without Synergy, but I'll post it side by side with the Synergy'd Witch's Hat.

So...uh yea, that hat has some decent stats with Synergy. Not that I really run mages to begin with.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Is it just me or does FF12 in general have the worst designed and overtuned bosses in the game so far? Because Ahariman is loving bullshit with it's Maser Eye. I honestly worry for us if they decide to make Yizamat a boss. Fuckin Millions of HP in it's home game.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 2, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

KataraniSword posted:

Fixed. The XIII-2 characters just... why do they exist.

Good question. Your answer is: Square Enix Needed More Money

Why the sequels to 13 even existed in the first loving place is a mystery. Though we can all just simply blame Motomu Toriyama :argh: and go on with our lives.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

bilperkins2 posted:

Sorry, I'm just reacting to "why don't you just learn Japanese?"

Because a lot of people don't have that kind of time and effort? :v: But in all seriousness, if you intend to go to X Country, learning to read and speak the language at minimum is a good idea.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

YoshiOfYellow posted:

:getin:

You bet your rear end I'm gonna triple break Maria. All hail the Earth Goddess of the Apocalypse! :black101:

Aaaaaaaugh. I have so many good characters to triple-break. It doesn't help I got Maria's Burst. Though, a few of these new wave Triple Break RMs are pretty situational. Her RM3 is +15% MAG with Bows. Which only really applies to her and maybe a couple others. Though others are pretty nice looking.

Rinoa RM3: +25% Black Magic Damage
Yuna RM3: +30% Summon Damage
Sarah RM3: +25% MND with Staves
Lenna RM3: +30% Healing
Celes RM3: +40%! Spellblade Damage

So...yea...I'd definitely put a few hundred Major eggs aside for some of these RM3s. Celes' is particularly :gizz: worthy. Specially with certain SBs that are CODED to be Spellblade damage. Or Tornado Strike...I still need to hone that up for Cloud. People who pulled Bartz's BSB are gonna be VERY happy with that particular RM...Like me. :getin:

Kemix fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 3, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

RW: Shout

gently caress this fight if you're trying to CM it without native Hestaga (Like I tried to do like a dozen times) for the realm. If you don't counter the Immobilizega after it happens enjoy eating a ton of attacks without being able to react quickly. Not sure if I wanna do U++ because from what I hear it gets pretty bullshit as well. God I hate FF12 as a realm, horribly designed bosses. A-Team was pretty well off, I won't lie. Too bad the fight also had it's hiccups, like Vaan getting ganged up on because I let my Wall lapse.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Kawalimus posted:

In case anyone's wondering what to do with all these 3* motes, Krile's Bard sphere that should be asking for 4* motes takes 3* motes by mistake. So that's a good one to fill in while it's like that.

EAT MY SPHERES KRILE! EAT THEM BEFORE THEY FIX IT!

Zurai posted:

It'll be like that forever. DeNA doesn't fix mistakes which are in the players' favor. For example, Yuffie's SSB only costs 10k experience to learn, unique among all SSBs. That's a mistake and it's been like that in Japan for nearly a year, unfixed, because there's no benefit to them fixing it and doing the fix could cause all kinds of drama and trouble. FFRK is actually just about the best-managed game (not just mobile game, either) in that respect and with regard to power creep.

Very good point there...uh...are Krile's eyes supposed to be bulging out like that? Ah whatever, raise is a thing.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
PSA for folks sitting on a horde of eggs and looking for a character to level up to 80+, Onion Knight has Cid Missions attached to his growth for the FF3 event. levels 15, 30, 50, 65 and 80 have CMs attached to them for the duration of the event and have OK Motes attached to them. GET THEM. Otherwise you get to farm MORE FF3 dungeons in hopes of getting them to drop to max out your Onion's spheres.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I decided to say fuckit and try to pull on the Bad Boys banner to try and get Tyro's BSB, even though I have his SG.

2/11

Vincent's Shortbarrel
Garland's Dark Plate

I'd say it's kinda a dud...but eh, if anything Garland's armor has Attack on it AND a Minor Dark Resist...really would have been useful on Ahariman U+...but, eh. Vincent's Shortbarrel will also make him a decent fighter in FF7 CMs since it's En-Fire SSB damage and Garland's got Imperil Dark for me down pat.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Just pointing out that Jecht's RM2 (Heavy-Handed Father - % chance of turning Attack into Exploding Fist) is transparently about beating his child :catstare:

Yeeeeaaaa...considering Jecht in general...yea, I wouldn't say he was the best father. Also hilarious in hindsight all things considered since Tidus turned out to be...a PASSIBLE human being even after the abusive (physically possibly maybe and most certainly mentally, scarring and otherwise) childhood.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 7, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Mithross posted:

Started playing again after basically ignoring this game since just after release. I've got 50ish mythril, and I just cleared North Cave. What should I be doing, and should I spend my mythril now or hold out for an upcoming event?

The Lucky Pull's a definite. 11 items, one at LEAST being a 5*, and likely to be more since there's around a 14% chance of each orb being 5*s.

Next on the chopping block is likely to be 3's event since Onion Knight would be debuting in the game. Though I wouldn't put too much stock in that character unless you REALLY wanna spend all your time getting him to 99. Which is not a thing you wanna do this early on.

The next two events coming up are an FF13-2 event featuring Noel and Sarah and FF4 which gives you a chance to get FF4 characters, a few eggs (depending on how far you are in core dungeons) and Cid if you can beat the dungeon he's rewarded in. After FF4 is 3's event with Onion Knight, then FF8 which features Leon/Squall's OSB. I believe the next events after that are FF6, FF7 and then FF5. So you have a lot of choice. I'd suggest putting 50 mythril where you will on whatever banners, so don't feel TOO pressured. Pull for Waifus/Husbandos (AKA: Favorites) where applicable, and enjoy whatever shinies you get. But, special note is to AoE Cure relics (Medicas) and AoE Haste relics (Hestagas), those are pretty much a staple in anyone's "A-Team" formations. Also walls (+200% DEF and RES to the party for around 30 seconds), but there's only -two- characters who get them. Tyro and Y'sholta. One's a Jack of All Trades, Master of None, but can fill in any holes in a team you need. And the other's essentially a Pure White Mage and is better off using those turns to heal.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

U-DO Burger posted:

Lucky Draw got me my third copy of Cloud's Buster Sword, Squall's Shear Trigger, Lenna's Power Staff, and Yuffie's 4-point Shuriken. None of them have particularly great SBs, but stat sticks are always welcome. Nice to finally have a sword for FFVIII

I hate you :argh: All I got was Dragon Force, AKA: Physical Blink1 in an SB. And that's ALL it does.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 9, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Hahahah! Get hosed Omega v2!

Overture had 15/20 Augment, Ragnarok 24/30

RW: Varance's Ashe. loving 3k+ damage per hit with the RW, 6k+ with each Attack command. :feelsgood: to wreck this robotic oval office after countless S/Ls

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Changed my RW to Maria BSB, geared for FFXIII dungeons.

FRiend code: 2edR

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I pulled on FF4, banner 1 for some gear that ISN'T for DK Cecil in a futile attempt to get a medica for there.

3/11
Ice Brand (X, Generic)
Bomb Core (IV, Tellah SSB)
Abel's Lance (IV, Kain BSB)

All in all, not a horrible pull. Still don't have a medica which is gonna make the CM a real bitch to do.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I personally did 2 11 pulls with gems and one with Mythril on the FF3 banner

Pull 1: Arc's White Mage Robe (Word of Kindness)

Pull 2: Arc's Elder Staff (Renewing Rains)

Pull 3: Chanter's Djellaba (Which made me have a +/6*, which is just generic robes for FF12, has 84 Def and 129 Res at 25/25) and Onion Sword (Onion Slice)

Then came the 50-mythril Black Friday banner which I had considerably better luck at.

Dagger of Resolve (IX) (Dagger of Resolve? Must be a translation snafu. Also I chased after this on it's last known banner), and Artemis Bow (V) (Beryl Serpent. AKA: Full Break in a can with Reverse Wall commands!)

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I decided to take a ride on the Edgar OSB hype train.

:rms: It's full of rainbows :aaa:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

I felt this was an oddly appropriate kill screen to share with the class.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
OP, can we add these to the first post? Please? So they don't disappear?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Munoma posted:

Crap, need help!

I just got a crap ton of Mythril from the Christmas bonus.

Should I save everything for the rest of the Orbfest or...

Should I do one of the Dr. Mog drops

For volume one I have 4 more draws, for volume two I have three.

Pull on FF5 or the OSBfest banners. Do NOT pull on the Dr. Mog banners unless you are REALLY wanting those older relics. Specially since Keeper Select v1 is NOT a G5 banner. V2 IS, and has Trinity on it. But as of right now, wait for OSBfest at the very least. See what the banners have and pull on what you REALLY want. personally I'll be trying Banner 1 since it has Terra OSB and I have her EnFire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

This game has been aggressively mocking my attempts to save for Extreme Fest lately.

Joke's on them, I'm constantly poor because I'm a goon who can't stop buying pulls! Ha. Hahaha. Ha...hahah...:smithicide:

• Locked thread