Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Waldean posted:

You'd probably have an easier time dropping the double cuts for breakdowns. Move the banishing to Basch, stick one of Power/Magic Breakdown on Ramza and the other on Vaan.

Nah, 800-850~ attack depending on the phase+break resistance says "screw your breaks unless you have like three separate types of them".

Gotta love bosses that slam hard into the softcap. Trust me, it only matters for the ITD move. (I originally had Faris up there where Rosa was-Rosa was far more effective due to MBlink, the Medica and, sadly, Diaga doing more damage than Faris. :sigh:)

(You might be also assuming I have R4 levels of Breakdowns. I don't-they're more like R2. My file is amazingly new, but I have great SBs at least. :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Something else to remember; Even if you don't run mages in general, if you haven't done the mage Nightmares, that hat'll get synergy bonuses from Nightmare Synergy.

So, there's that. We haven't even gotten the last of those yet.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Strongly seconding "get the costumes first".

Banner format changes again after... well, it was after OSBfest in Japan, let's say "starting with the next FF8 event". Month or so.

Bursts and OSBs start showing up as three on the banner instead of two, as the OSBs are "bonus" instead of knocking off a Burst, and eventually they catch on and go "Oh no one's going to bother with just Bursts like this" and all the banners flip to three.

I feel like the only thing worth going for in the current format is OSBfest(which had four OSB/Burst assuming it stays similar) and Onion 1(which is just because it's Breaks for a powerful character that has them mysteriously not show the hell up...).

That Mythril will be pretty useful still, trust me. (Hell, even that FF8 set has some good stuff. Strange Vision's up again on a banner actually worth drawing on.)

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

kalensc posted:

Anyone else had success with this U++ without possessing a strong set of RS gear and SBs?

Considering you're quoting a pile of like, ten weapons... well, I have two Platinum Shields so I'm up on you that way.

I have just one weapon though, Vaan's Kagenui.

So... you know, take that as you will? Platinum Shields are really good for this fight, but I wouldn't call three pieces of gear, none of which are BSBs or really dominant SSBs, a "strong set" in a vacuum anyways.

What I can say is that I just hauled along Ramza for Shout, had him spam Banishing Strike because like hell do I have real moves, then used RW Maria's Song and solved the triple problem of "needing more raw attack", "needing more holy attacks" and "needing an enholy", with a bunch of +holy gear stacked on Vaan(Bartzcalibur/Plat Shield) and the sole synergy weapon/other shield on Vaan.

Having those two swing holy attacks with a lot of +holy gear on actually tends to solve a lot of my problems, weirdly.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Well, six weeks, actually. (December 18 is the date on the event internally right now.)

Still a good idea though.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I still have no idea why they bothered giving Maria, Rosa, Vincent, and Serah sharpshooter 5*. It's not like they can do physical damage worth a drat, so unless they add magic shooter commands...

Actually, Maria and especially Vincent have disconcertingly high attack power. Maria's comparable to Edward, and Vincent actually beats Red and substantially outslugs Barret in his own cast. If you have his own guns, he even can do it while casting spells! He's kinda neat that way.

I could see sometime where Sapphire Shot off them might be a better option than their water magic for hitting a water weakness, considering it double hits. Maybe. If I squint.

It's a small niche, but it's there!

And for Rosa, I believe the 4* is her best/only multiple target damage option, so maybe it'd be sorta useful if you have a copy laying around, for dailies.

There is absolutely no fathomable use for Serah's. :v:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Personally, I'm gonna go after it(among things) at OSBFest(why would an OSB not be at OSBfest?).

But the reason for that mostly is because that banner has the burst on it too, and I don't have either. And I'd be surprised if that doesn't stick. So if you lack that motivation, and especially if you don't have Faris BSB like I do, Overtidus is a pretty good banner I'd say.

(Full Attack Reels Assault Reels really suffers badly from being "Faris' BSB on a worse character"... though, in fairness, the actual Burst is actually somewhat better. With being randomized hits instead of single target, it'll actually fullbreakdown crowds.)

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Ahriman's on the high side for since I've started playing, and given the U++ tier, he's probably stronger than he should be, IMO-feels like you should be avoiding the 10k+ unmitigated nuclear blasts on U+, those are what U++ is for(and the upcoming 200 multiplayer fights, of course).

Having said that, I've looked up Caius/Cagnazzo's stats out of curiosity, since they're going to be in the revenge dungeon, and I preeetty well see why someone would say he's not overtuned. Caius fits right in with U++ despite being, you know, way earlier than U++ and hence before a lot of power creep/before people had chances to get good things, and Cagnazzo is frigging stupid even now, I'm going to have to build up my mage team even more and RW Dusk's Decree for that abomination. Which, of course, didn't exist as a thing-or for that matter, refreshing RWs at all-when he was around...

So yeah, there's been far, far worse. Reading about the Parade Float event was sorta amazing, honestly. That doesn't really defend Ahriman per se, though.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

That's... preeeeetty darned low hones for a mage team, I dunno about that. If you can squeeze out a few more uses it might work out, but that's very low hones even by my "R2 Breakdowns are good enough" standards.

If I were running with that low of hones on my key damage dealers, I'd definitely be RWing a Burst to hinge my damage on, put it that way...

I'm gonna tout this one last time, though; Machinations RW does work in that fight, for a native Shout swinging physical team, if you haven't tried it.

It's how I (literally) stomped Mateus; Shockstorm is a fun little 1.2x stompy of multitarget lightning damage that also has a decent stun rate. It's mitigation of the fight and good MT damage in a tidy package. Has a nice little double break too on the second command.

The intro literally does no damage, mind you, due to water null, but you should, with a decent enough team, be able to Shockstorm the crystals to death and blow off a lot of Mateus' life.

Of course, finding the RW isn't exactly easy... I found some other weird corner situation where I wanted the darned thing, complained about it for two weeks because I could never get it despite spamming refresh, and ended up keeping a constant eye out for Machinations RWs... so I dunno if that's gonna be possible. But hey, if you can get it, it's something to try if the mage end doesn't work.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Warning; You have to grind anyways for a full Record.

You need 12 motes, you get five from the CMs and one from an Ultimate.

On the plus side, do you really intend on not abusing ten days of EXP daily? I mean, that's what drops the motes.

Edit: Beaten already, wow.

Also, I'm wondering if that EXP dungeon gives FF3 synergy. That'd be appropriate and hilarious.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Y'know, somehow I missed Ley Lines existing, despite planning on drawing on that banner.

:catstare: That is a scarily good banner.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Also note that +raw ATK or MAG will have a significantly higher effect than +% damage so long as you aren't ramming the softcap. Terra's level 99 RM (no frills +13% MAG) is probably the best of the bunch other than Luneth's for this reason.

e: Devotion is still better but Terra's won't kill your defenses

For some later, similar-to-that-one-options, if you're stingy with your MC3s(MC3s have never caught up to the unlock rate in JP);

There's also Echo's L99 RM notably later, which gives +15% at the cost of... blinding the character.

So you know, if they're only using magic, they care very little.

There's also later a series of +15% Mag with X gear stuff, though only Krile's(+with Whip) and Hope's(+with Thrown) are really all that great for a spread of characters, and even those're limited.

(On the other end of the spectrum, there's Lulu's +15% Magic with Dolls L99 RM, which sure exists alright.)

Also, Serah gets a cutrate Devotion that only hits Defense but gives +15% Magic, as an L99 RM, which sure screams "Yeah we know we screwed up and made Devotion too good, oops".

Of course, none of these get you an L99 Terra. :v:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Koobes posted:

I wish Samurai had some kind of actual single target abilities so I could feel justified in diving gilgamesh more.

Well, there's Hailstorm, which is a pretty neat ice nuclear attack that gives a unique +30% Attack/-30% Res buff.

The catch is that's in the limbo of the FF11 event and no one knows what the hell is going to happen with that, because while that's soon, it's also technically a collab...

Zebia posted:

Are we going to get a mostly/all OSB banner in the future?

nnnnno.

There was,in JP, a two OSB banner during OSBfest in a month or so, and Ultros banner about five months out had four.

That's about as good as you're doing.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 8, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

I have two words for people having problems with the Size Matters Master fight;

Meteor Crusher.

RW'd it, Falcon Dive w/Shout off two non-synergy people with ehn gear killed the Earth weak one and blew half the life off the other two by the end of the Burst. From there, cleanup. Didn't have a single synergy kid.

(Also they have a 45-45-45% chance of normal physicals, so Drawtaliate works fine too far as I can tell. In fact, they have no non-Drawtaliateable physicals, so leave that Protect crap at home and go full Draw Fire/Retaliate if you go that method, save the slot. Personally didn't have to care thanks to Native Wall and wrecking them so fast, though it got a bit dicey at points for me.)

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Oh, synergy fight? Ehn, I'm pretty sure that's not optimal unless you have long time hones and stuff, built in specific areas like NE summons... but whatever, there's a similar option.

Meteor XVI, Sunfire, strikes two weaknesses. :v:

Honestly, since it grants a +mag with that command, and Burst boosts magic, it's probably better than RWing a Faithga even if you lack one, given that you're getting synergy bonuses.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 8, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Got Organics myself.

Ehn... could be better, could be a lot worse on a 1/11 on a Lucky. As far as the low end of the spectrum goes, I'll count my blessings.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Koobes posted:

I'm an extremity, but I'm on 100 gem #32 since a 5*.

Hard to say the odds without knowing exactly what you drew on, but assuming a 14% odds of 5*, that's around 0.8% chance. (I think it's around 3.5~ at 10%. The actual value is, thanks to banner shifts, somewhere in the middle.)

So you know, not nearly impossible, but at the same time you're pretty unlucky. It's basically the same rate as the people that 11 pull and successfully dredge out 1/11 off-banners!

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

The easiest thing to recommend is that you find a way to hone up Sapphire Shot and/or Leviathan. Barring that (I understand that hones are a bitch), are you running Shout/Maria's Song/Wall all on the same team? If so, Tidus BSB might be a better RW than Tidus OSB, depending on your hones. Finally: Equip Instant KO resist accessories. A huge chunk of Omega Weapon's damage potential is locked in his Gravija spam, so being able to shrug that off is huge, a lot bigger than +30 to a stat would be. I don't know if you have the Safety Bit from ages upon ages ago, but you should have at least one Memento Ring VI and Mythril Armlet X if not two of each.

Tama's Ribbon and Hope's Bandanna also resist instant KO, off the top of my head.

I know I somehow have four res accessories despite starting three months ago or so.

And I didn't use them for the fight because I wanted to keep the 700 Attack Tidus Burst RW I had and hadn't clicked to how gravity he was before the fight OR realized I had that many... :negative:

Lessons learned before Mr. 45% MHP Rocket Launcher spam Omega coming up, at least.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Writing conservation, for FFT, really.

If you have characters interact with plot, you have to make two versions of plot scenes, one where you kicked them out, one where you didn't.

If you don't allow kicking people out, the ultimate issue where you have so many plot characters that you can't keep generics/monsters comes up.

And presumably, the 16 slots were to keep it down to a block on a PSX memory card.

So in summary; Combo of FFT not being the highest Square budget game and PSX limitations, prolly.

(I don't think this excuses the lack of not doing any extra writing in War of the Lions, though, as they did expand to 24 slots IIRC, and did have an optional scene reactive require having Agrias, so they did exactly enough to show they could have made an interesting portmake one way or the other, then didn't bother. [Edit: Heh, then again I guess it is glass half empty, glass half full. At least they did do stuff. Some ports don't do anything.])

Also, nice to see my guess was right-Rafa and Malak being high candidates for RK makes sense, because they desperately need some damned mages in that cast.

Now we just need Olan for a book using Sage, Reis for a Monk, Beowulf as a mixed offense like Vincent or Raines, and Melia as someone they've designed themselves into a corner on because they've already made all the good physical setups for FFT and we're all set!

(Could... could they BS Melia as a Dragoon? She could use spears... :smith:)

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Having said that; Keeper 2 is still an excellent first banner to draw on.

(Onion Knight 1 is coming up in a couple of weeks, though... you get mythril so fast at the start that you can draw on both, but that's such a good banner that, if you don't mind grinding up a dopey character that's not good until L99, it could be worth saving all your blue shiny rocks for that. Then again, he's not actually useful until you get some 4* motes. So even if you do decide to draw on that, it's probably better for your short term to draw on Keeper 2 first...)

I think the general consensus is Gaia Gear to grab first, if you don't have a shared Medica? It's one of the rare pieces of earth strengthening armor on top of being a shared Medica. But there's a few other good pieces, like the two fire strengtheners(Most people like the Armlet more, though the Cap has some uses) or Oath Veil(rare Wind strengthening hat).

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Also, OSBfest is coming up a bit before Christmas.

Assuming they don't bafflingly depower it for some reason(usually these things go up in power), it should be some of the best banners for quite a while in both directions. Great stuff to get a new account going with-in JP, there was even some staples like Sentinel Grimoire, Sheepsong and various Medica on top of the shiny pile of Bursts and OSBs.

(It's hard to say how much of the banners will stay the same, but Banner 2 in JP had Rosa's MBlink Medica/Sentinel Grimoire/Faris BSB, which are all fantastic for new players, on top of a bunch of other good stuff like both of Tidus' water god pieces of gear... if you're willing to gamble a bit on the whims of DeNA, OSBFest is a pretty good thing to save Mythril for.)

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Supposedly Black Friday this time last year had 25 Mythril attached, but there's no sign of that yet in datamining.

Doesn't mean it won't happen, mind you-surprise additions happen, and the Halloween stuff was a last minute addition to the servers too.

I once heard the roulette attached to the Orbfest had a bunch of Mythril on it, but I'm not entirely sure how much/how that's going to work out.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Be sure to bring Dispel if you go the mage route, though.

He starts out with a Turn 2 Reflect, and then after that will recast it as a counter. (It's pretty rare; 10%. And just to Black Magic, so if you have Summons/Ninja...)

Do note; This doesn't make physical better, per se... He has three separate counters and an intro perfect rate base Blind for people going in with physicals. And one of the counters is more, lower hit rate, blind.

Also his Res is just plain worse, relatively. Which is to say, it's not 50% higher than his defense, like most ultimates, but instead even. :v:

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 11, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

So I just killed Omega with an R3 Stop(no other Stops equipped), and having forgotten to equip Dispel/a Blind null on Faris.

Full medals. Not the first try, but I think "didn't remember to Shellga because I was laughing so hard" isn't too bad of a reason.

You know, I know having Dagger of Resolve for boosting lightning helps here, as does having a really built Y'shtola, and I got lucky getting a Stop lock on one character for three Stops in a row-that's less likely than not. But honestly this guy just isn't that hard if you know the KO resistance wrecks Surge Cannon. His other stuff was doing 1k after the triple mitigation, which is pretty doable with Stop messing with him in the mix.

Mage team is so definitely the way to go, though. Watching Dagger deal very slightly under 9999x4 was good times. (I swapped to Rumbling Flash, the two-hit multi-target, just to secure the win at the end, in case he decided to Reflect late, since I couldn't Stop lock him well. He just never cast Reflect, though-Stop came out and that's all she wrote for a lot of the fight.)

Edit: Also I'm hearing from someone else that apparently both commands go through Reflect. That's even funnier.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 11, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

And make sure the mages have lightning and non-elemental for your backup spells, if you run out of Burst commands.

Because, you know, nothing else works. That's the only real downside to trying this.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

On the other hand, if you bring Full Break for the attack medals, it gives you an excuse to also bring a Mental break and watch the damage from your two Ashe BSBers skyrocket. :v:

Just remember to do what I didn't, and equip blind resistance if you're using actual Full Break instead of the dance. Oops. Well, it hit eventually.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Erm, anyone got some tips for Omega on a physical team? Every single time he blinds my entire party for what is apparently forever, then puts up reflect so I can't stop him without Banishing Strike'ing him, except I can't hit him with it because everyone is blind.

Wish this game was less stingy with accessories resisting stuff like this, I somehow have zero blind resist gear.

There's a couple of SBs that are specifically full-party Esuna-off the top of my head, I believe Y'shtola's Medica II is one-but RWing that is obviously pretty crippling if your team is not a large pile of Thundara Swords waiting to stab the robot.

Esuna works, but Esuna's slow as balls. Soul Breaks, Pound and Lifesiphon straight up always hit, but they won't hit weakness.

On the upside, if you have Halting Rumba, you can stop him through the Reflect that way.

(You sure you don't have Silver Specs (V)? I got it since I started, and that's a pretty short time ago, moderate blind res and an attack up. Probably got it off the last FF5 event.)

But yeah, Blind's annoying as hell-I think technically it wears off but between his high as hell Mind and some ridiculous base duration, he'll more than kill you three or four times over before then.

Does not help that there's pretty bad lightning options for physical RWs... actually, come to think on it, you may as well use something like an Esuna Medica or Eiko BSB if you have native Shout, because you're going to hit the softcap with that after the universal synergy and none of the RWs really help that much for physicals. :psyduck:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

I just didn't even try to get a perfect lock later in the fight.

After a point, around 60%, I segued over to Wall/Proshell, let my KO resistance field the Cannon, and just plowed him the rest of the way under.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Once in a while, it's good to take a step back, look at Record Keeper, and appreciate that you have Basch elbow dropping a Behemoth and wrestling him into submission.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is the boss of it really hard and or annoying

I heard people saying "Well, he's not as bad as Kaiser Dragon..."

So, you know, probably yes?

(That fits the on-paper from what I've seen. It's Necrophobe with red light green light Breakdown switch Barrier 20 second doom gimmicks, where having the Dooms on is pretty much required to do damage because his defense goes down based on how many dooms you have on, but also you have to not allow too many up because his offense goes up with them...)

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

I've found that Nightmares come in two flavors: Nightmares where Ramza has synergy and Nightmares where he doesn't. Granted, that will probably change with the Omega Drive nightmare, but so far, any NM where he's had synergy actually hasn't been all that bad! Demon Wall is by far the easiest of the lot, and CPU was... obnoxious but mostly involved paying attention and having a well-honed Multi-Break.

I've only done two so far, but Ultima was one long sequence of maniacal laughter.

Granted, bringing Proof of Existance BSB RW does that. Waiting for power creep with some of these jackasses is definitely a valid decision.

Same goes for Mote bosses. Hey, Serah, get your drat BSB out here. I may dislike you about as much as any Final Fantasy character, but by god, at least you help cut a jerk boss down to size.

(I wonder if we'll even get Meikyo any time soon. Ayame's BSB is en-ice with hard hitting ice commands, and physical, but it's currently in FF11 event limbo.)

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

She can Wrath, though.

Admittedly, that messes with Shout, but it does work pretty well if you don't mind her doing (often, a lot) less damage.

(This is something I tend to do more when I have her on mage teams, though... turns out having a dedicated Res/Mag/Attack/Fullbreaker isn't the worst use of your time at all for a mage support option.)

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Yes, but the dungeons for them are 200 difficulty and supposedly rather unfun.

Also I don't think they cover every 5* mote yet in JP.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Oh, for people having problems with the U++(taking a break right now), here's the punch line for him;

If you're running with Drawtaliate(this is a very good idea and catches every single physical move he has), his magic attacks after 80% are Crushing Grasp-which actually isn't very damaging-and Ultimate Roar-which is defense ignoring.

He does have Roar very early, too, which weirdly isn't ignore defense. Go fig.

Yeah, you can skip Wall here. I'm coming back with Rosa over Y'shtola.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 15, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Zurai posted:

Wrath gives more than half again as much SB gauge as Lifesiphon. Lifesiphon is 90, Wrath is 150. Notably, that means with Ace Striker/Battleforged, 2 Wraths and being hit once by the boss = 1 SB bar.

According to Enlir's, Lifesiphon is 150 and Wrath is 180.

Since 500 is a bar, that would be about right for what you said for Wrath(which does mesh with my experience), you're just lowballing Lifesiphon(also sounds right to me).

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

flowinprose posted:

I don't think you're going senile, there's just so much complexity in this game that it's difficult to keep every little variable straight in your head. It's honestly a little overwhelming at times.

Yeah, the game is kind of crazy sometimes about this stuff.

It took me like a month to get straight every element of what Imperil and En-elements do. They're not that complicated, but there's a bunch of weird interactions(like how Imperils don't help against 2x weakness, though apparently they eventually will against the 1.5x weaknesses that eventually show up).

Edit: Annnnd finally through Classic Dungeon.

Of course, that leaves half the Elite Dungeon. Mythril mine's not dry yet at least.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 15, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

And Atlas U++ down. Two medals lost(One actions, one damage).

Nothing much to report, besides that A: It helps to remember to equip my 7* Pumpkin on Faris, and B: Yes, Rosa is better than Y'shtola for this. By a lot. I straight up ate a Roar(the one that isn't ignore defense) before Breaks rolled in, and I still had way less problems, that try.

Wall's pretty bad here, not gonna lie. And I say this as an avowed, massive Wall fan. If you have an MBlink Medica pack that up and throw in a Drawtaliator instead, even with just Dr. Mog it is straight up way better.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 15, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

My first experience with Wrath was frankensteining a theoretical "this can't possibly work as well as it looks like it will" low hones Diaga/Wrath setup on a newly obtained Rosa w/Artemis Bow, against U+ Zombie Dragon back a few events ago.

I've been convinced of the (niche, but impressive) power of Wrath ever since.

I actually tend to run it on Faris a lot, right now; Lets me get away with some things that I shouldn't be able to with just an L1 Full Break, while I wait for the Major Lightning Orbs to trickle in. (Wrath before the Shout, Full Break, physical, Burst works a surprising amount of the time...)

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

For my part; I just use them whenever I get Soul Breaks for people, I've been playing three months and I have... *checks* ... 13.

So you know, if there's someone specific you want, it won't kill you to throw a few out.

But people with Soul Breaks are generally so much better than those without, with some odd exceptions, that until you get really, really rolling and get good 5* skills(by which point Souls largely have stopped mattering, I'd imagine) you won't really get a lot of actual mileage out of just grabbing your favs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Thing about Sheepsong(as a beginner thing); Hastega+Heavy Regen alone is a pretty solid Soul Break.

So you don't necessarily haaaave to heavily leverage the magic thing(though, it does make going heavily magic early much more attractive), because it's just plain good no matter what.

• Locked thread