Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Grimalkin posted:

My RW was summoned 86 times yesterday. :catstare: I guess my triple-pull of the IX hairpin made my Tidus extra enticing.

Is the OK banner so exciting to everyone because of the OK relics? Because I don't see myself ever wanting to use the character . . . and I've pretty much exhausted my mythril reserves for now. None of the other upcoming banners look tempting to me, so I am probably just going to save up for XIV.

Even if you don't care about Onion Knight, there's a different Hastega, an enWind, and an instant-cast medica on the banner. It's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

What're people's takes on the Elite realm dungeons having specific mastery conditions compared to before? Do you enjoy getting a full Mastery or do you prefer to say screw it most of the time because you got perfect medals on the trash stages anyway?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So you can cheese Omega with Stop & Halting Rumba on two characters, Ashe BSB on two characters, and that's all she wrote? Is there any more to this strategy?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Well Omega was a non-issue for me. I had Edea's Inaguaral Parade so that probably helped, but once the bursts were rolling and the Stops were landing it was a matter of time before he fell. Fran was also supporting the team with Full Break + Mental Breakdown, ensuring quad 9s or close to it. And my reward is... a bunch of status resists?

Well all right. I guess we all need some Slow protection every now and then.

10 Major Eggs isn't bad either anyway.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

No big pulls or anything on this event, but I did get Guy's RM2 to drop near the end here. Can replace him with Noel in the RM lineup soon.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Zurai posted:

The FF3 event comes with an EXP dungeon which is (for FF3 characters) better than Sundaily and lasts for the entire duration of the event. You don't need to egg Onion.

You do if you don't want to S/L every time someone as much as looks at him.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Basically my logic here is what the heck else are you using your Eggs for if you're a day one player? I don't think I'll be in any trouble if I spend a good chunk of them.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Guys. I'm down to one randomly obtained Record Materia, Josef's. I want to get these over and done with before Pokémon comes out, so I'm working on it today. Getting 4 out of 5 is pretty nice (including Noel), but if I could get this last one it'd be just awesome. Wish me luck.

EDIT: Literally two minutes later I get it. Done!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Well, that was the hardest Ultimate++ in some time. If it weren't for the constant dispelling with Crushing Grip, it would probably have gone much smoother. I even had a casualty right at the end due to the counterattacks and my final Wall falling off right then and there. I still got mastery, but only barely.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Uncle Ulty posted:

According to KBP, there seems to only be one more Mote dungeon listed - am I missing something? Or do we just have to wait for JP to start adding more of them? If the upcoming one is the last one, then we're gonna need more options for getting 4* motes.

Also, in the Record Dive section, there are a lot of classes referenced that we don't have yet. (Illusionist, Sage, Warmage, Paladin, etc) Are they going to be adding more Core classes to the DUs?

Multiplayer Raids become the way to get 4* Motes, and new Mote Dungeons go away to make room for the Torment Dungeons (D200/250). But apparently Mote Dungeons will keep on recurring so we can't miss out on the rewards even though there'll not be new ones.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Jedi425 posted:

Also, I know when you recruit a character you already have, you get an egg. What do you get when you obtain an MC you already have or have used? Also an egg, or do you get an MC lode?

Greater Egg for MC, Major Egg for MC2.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

FF3 Leviathan has always been kind of an rear end in a top hat, hasn't he? The random petrification is annoying. Ultra Cure can't come soon enough.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

10 days of 5 Mythril = 50 mythril = one more pull on Onion Knight if needed, yeah boy.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Where is it confirmed the Black Friday BSB draw will be full-price? They've called the new Nightmare Banners just "The Nightmare Relic Draw", removing the Lucky connotation from it because it's not half-price, while the "Dungeon Lucky Draw" is indeed half price. It's not like a banner with just BSBs would be that filled to the brim with relic variety, right?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I ran out of hones on Tonberry King but still beat him. The key is to have a lot of good damaging SSBs to get him with. You have to get him fast before Junk wrecks the entire party. It's annoying but using regular attacks on the Stopped tonberries while they're sitting ducks is probably a decent strategy too. But I wouldn't do it without R5 Tempo Flurry and R4 Dismissal at least.

Also, you only need one healer. Protect literally only helps against Junk, and while it's nice, it's hardly necessary if you get a little lucky. Just have Tyro with Curaja and Halting Rumba, in my opinion.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Beaten all but Vinuskar. I forgot to summon a Wall for Jenova DEATH but after I did so, she went down. I feel like Wall's a pretty useful thing to have in battles where the opposing enemies are really fast or get two actions per turn (or both!). If you're having trouble, and it's not your offense, try that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I want to pull on this banner, but I only have 300 mythril, I must stay strong for OK/OSBfest/XIV/Raines/Orlandeau :qq:

Same as heck, but with 200 and just OK.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

I had 50 mythril so I used the 50 mythril and I got 2 5*s. Abel's Lance and Sleipnir's Tail. They good?

They're only both of the bursts on this banner.

Lemme spell out the Kain strategy for ya. You're gonna wanna pack Lifesiphon and the new Lightning Dive once you get it. Lifesiphon up to the burst, use it. Do damage, get enthunder. First burst command removes delay from your next two jumps. Use that and then two Lightning Dives. That's all you need, since the second command will restore your ability charges. Use the Burst again whenever possible, since enthunder will make it even stronger. Congratulations, you're wrecking anything that doesn't resist thunder.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Beat the bonus battles. Kind of annoying because of Barbariccia. The only dragoon I could field while still keeping my weapon synergy evenly distributed was Gilgamesh. But he still did work! Anyway, it'll be nice to do some old-fashioned daily farming while I'm dealing with Pokémon Sun as well.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It's called Orb Exchange, not Crystal Exchange. Geez, guys...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm gonna hope Beatrix is good enough to just ace the multiple-enemy battles coming up with her BSB. That's valid, right?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So excited for tonight. I cannot wait until Friday to pull, and I'm gonna have around 225 mythril anyway. I could do at least two pulls now just to keep myself sated.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got Luneth's Burst, three of his Lust Daggers, and Arc's staff on 100 mythril. I'll save the rest for Friday and see how I'm feeling. Luneth's burst is still a good prize though considering I have Snowspell Strike at r2 for him to abuse, and he's already at level 99 for getting his RM anyway.

I just wanted something for Onion Knight so I could put to use all the weird synergy weapons I have laying around, like fists and stuff. At least I have offensive weapons and a white mage stick for FF3 though!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

ApplesandOranges posted:

Luneth can't use Snowspell Strike. Your best options are Diving for Tornado Strike or Sky High.

Oh come on... Why you gotta play me like that game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

By the time all these rewards end it won't be long until the next dungeon update. Mythril ahoy!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Thus begins my constant EXP dungeon running. I wonder if I should go in order of MC3 release or in order of coolness. For right now I'm just mastering some SBs I didn't bother with yet, like Seifer's.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So... is Auron's burst any good?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Well, I could always use more AOE. On the not-so-bright side, it was the only thing I got that was of any use; the other was a dupe of Bartz's Ragnarok. The game just LOVES giving me Bartz stuff, it's crazy.

So now I have exactly 100 mythril, and I have to see if it's worth pulling more on OK for the White Mage Robe/Onion Gauntlets, or if it's better saving for another big sink later.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

After some thoughts and discussion, I've decided to save my 100 mythril for something else besides Onion Knight. It wasn't meant to be, and really it's more of a luxury than anything. Now the decision is on whether FFT or FF14 is more important.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So I think I've gotten four Onion Knight motes today total. This is abnormal, yes?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I took out Auron with his Burst for a spin. Auron's Bushido, Beatrix's Knight Protector, and Fran's Shatterheart along with Swift Bolt from Ramza since he could use Edward's Fabled Harp for the lightning weaknesses meant the FF4 ultimates got aced, despite some close calls with the incoming damage. I'm glad I got those done with since I was a little afraid of them, which is why I put them off until now. Glad I have major AOE potential now.

But now it's time to focus on grinding again. Who's next on the list...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So when it comes to Raid Dungeons, you should be doing them solo up until the Ultimate difficulty right? That what someone said before?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bahamut SIN is what I'm most worried about but I mean I guess I do have Sephiroth's Nibelheim Nightmare which seems like the perfect SB to bring into the battle, what with the AOE Fire damage enfire? I just need to survive long enough. With Cagnazzo, the idea of simply brute forcing it seems crazy but I suppose it might just work with the right accessories. And for Caius, that's the one I'm ironically most looking forward to since I have Cleansing Strike and a greater amount of FF13 physical synergy now.

bladeworksmaster posted:

Well, after some testing throughout the day, I can definitely say Luneth's BSB in fact owns bones. The wind damage amp from spear and BSB with Sky High were completely nuts and allowed me to blaze through the FFII Mote challenge with ease.

So Sky High is worth it on Luneth? That was something I was a bit worried about delving into, but since I have his Burst, I was thinking of taking it for a spin. The issue is getting to hone it up, but maybe that's not really worth it considering his Burst will take care of most of the damage anyway, right? Maybe I'd only use it in-between the burst ending and enwind still being active. It's kinda tricky here.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Tomorrow's gonna be the day when I stop running the Enigma dungeon for a little bit and wrap up all the event content that's showed up. So in order of priority, I guess it'd be Onion Knight Ultimates, Raid stuff, and Rematch Dungeons. Is there anything I'm forgetting?

Also Auron's proven his worth so he's getting an MC3 along with Beatrix once the batch drops. Looking forward to my A-Team always having 3/5 characters be in the high 90s.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Onion Knight Ultimates done. Standard slugfests for most of them. Being unable to use Snowspell Strike for once on the Red Dragon was annoying, but I pulled through. Lot of exploiting weaknesses on the U+, and the U++ was mostly "kill it kill it NOW". I'll take on Mote Ahriman soon. I'll also need to set up teams for the Dark Dragon U and U+ raids, but that'll be later on in the week.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Ahriman went down. It was my first time using Luneth, and boy was that fun. Now if only I had some sort of Imperil Wind, then he and Snowspell Bartz could really lay into everyone.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It should also be the last time we have to worry about old characters not having spheres, depending on when Ovelia and the Gold Concert folks get theirs.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

This banner looks great but... I shouldn't. But... maybe...?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Am I reading this right? The next JP event is going to introduce Ceodore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

First time I've used Quake in a while because Quistis only has 4* Black Magic and I need two AOE spells for her to babysit in Sundaily. It still does its job as long as there's not a Magic Dragon on the field.

• Locked thread