Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Goddamnit I need to do these nightmares yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Rikku could have been using Sharpshooter skills to strike weakness, couldn't she?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Just a second Ultima Blade and a Jujitsu Gi that seems okay but is more just bonus attack for Galuf.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Self-Destruct usually does damage equal to their remaining HP.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Why is Omega so hard? I can't even get it to the Stop threshold, never mind maintaining. I just die too quickly.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I have no idea why they'd feel like they have to nerf something in a completely cooperative/single-player experience.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's very nice since Noctis' Lvl 99 Materia turns his attack into a skill flagged as a combat ability. Just for fun I used a Cloud Ultra RW and Ramza's Chant with it. Was getting up to about 16k a swing with the occasional double attack.

Really makes me want to fully dive cloud now since he gets the same materia as his LM 2.

Fun! I love that RM and I'm glad people are getting more use out of it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I haven't done really big math on it, but I think the Renewal Dungeons are only going as far back as events with at least one Ultimate battle.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

finally, a chance to do Gil Cave+++

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Took care of some of the Ultimates I missed. Primal Exdeath really wants a mage team though, and the shifting weaknesses makes it seem awkward, so I think I'll have to make and save a general-purpose mage team for once. I'm sure I have a few good options in there though...

Also I'm scared of the Apocalypse + version of the Asura/Leviathan battle even though it's technically outdated. Whatever... I'll think about it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

There isn't a single battle I haven't done in the FF6 dungeons besides the Chadarnook Apoc+, which I struggled enough with on the Jump Start difficulty already so I'm not willing to go through that hell again.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So does this new event format remove 2 Mythril from our usual rewards or what?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Ybrik posted:

So something weird just happened.

I was fighting the three stooges for FF6 and when I attacked the fire one with snowspell strike it double casted and targeted the ice one. It healed him like its supposed to for 2x9000 but then he died instantly.

If you're using the old Zantetsuken most of us got for free, it has an instant death proc that happens sometimes.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

gently caress you Vossler I can't believe you were ever hard.

(those medal conditions were something else though...)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Yes, and you don't even need to wait until Tuesday or Sunday while the Renewal is happening, because the FF3 dungeons come with simple EXP dungeons. And I also assume the Aria event coming up will have a similar dungeon for EXP as well, though even if it doesn't that's still a few more days of reliable EXP that trumps other options when the real dailies aren't around.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

does the spreading out of equal damage over multiple, weaker hits in this upcoming rebalance mean that some abilities will end up actually weaker because defense/resistance will apply multiple times or am i thinking of dark souls

It makes them stronger because they won't run against the damage cap as easily.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'd recommend everyone clear their cache once the Renewal Dungeons expire because that's a lot of extra data you'll not need to access for a while, if ever.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Braska SSB (Hey, faithga.)
Fang BSB (How does this compare to other enwinds like Luneth and Cloud?)
RIKKU USB. WHY. HOW DOES THIS KEEP ON HAPPENING TO ME. I DON'T DESERVE SUCH A GOOD RELIC.

Welp, I guess now I have zero reason to keep a paladin on my team for both halves of Proshellga. Noctis is going to be a great damage dealer... when I get around to beating Omega Drive.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bruceski posted:

Are there any weird battle speed interactions to be worried about for ATB bars or buff durations? Like FF9 for example where the timers continued during animations so at max speed buffs would fall off as soon as they were applied and enemies would attack after each of your attacks.

You can game the system to your benefit by setting speed to high while someone's in the air from a jump attack, and during an animation their airtime will count down despite ATB not moving. Other than that, the game is solidly built around its ATB system. It's best to play at low speeds generally for better reaction times.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I really need to figure out a way to deal with that boss because I just haven't bothered, yet, and I feel like I ought to. Mixed parties are such a drag to me though, and it especially hurts having the magical one resist all elements.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Oh yeah I should change my RW to Rikku...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Crystal Tower looks like it'd be really hard to do with several different teams... What does Dr. Mog do as a RW, again? And just how much good character synergy would you really need to have a reasonable chance at winning this thing? Motes are motes after all.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Why aren't more people talking about Mog Record Spheres

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Elena and Paine BSBs and Desch LMR (ha). At least there's a +water armor in there, that's good.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm all for the Orlandeau banner since I have Ramza's USB already. Seems like the proper choice in that regard.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I just want everyone to know that I beat Apocalpyse Yojimbo with my only healing being a Penelo USB RW because Y'shtola got Silenced (THROUGH MAJOR RESIST) and I just kept on pushing buttons until I eventually killed him. Squall + Noctis is such a goddamn dream team.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Also I wanna say new Snowspell Strike is sick and I was doing 8k per hit on U++ Seymour with his Protect still up. I love.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Elephant Ambush posted:

Any advice for the Liquid Flame Cloud USB Demonsblood strat?

I have literally the exact same setup and order of operations as that on YouTube video but every single run 1 or more people die.

I have everyone except Cloud in the back row with the highest DEF gear they can wear and fire resist accessories.

Are these kinds of runs purely RNG? This is getting really irritating and I don't think I have any other way to beat it.

No fire resist, instant KO resist. I think.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Looks like there were some goods and some bads. I hope you all enjoy what you guys got, but I'm still not pulling because I like Orlandeau more.

I also wanted to say that even though this event was mostly boss battles, I somehow got three RM2s from new characters while going through the battles. Pretty handy. Marche and Montblanc can easily sub into that team soon.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm definitely going to try for Vivi's stuff, it all sounds great and I need a true magical nuke; been running physical teams for basically the entire game. Plus I definitely could give him 5* motes right away. It's an excellent investment, I only hope I get lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm the kind of person who would make a reference to the new "Ultra Burst" you can do in Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon because that's both of the best kinds of SBs in this game and... yeah...

• Locked thread