Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got a rock. (zell ssb)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in fact it's legitimately worse because at least doing a cash 11 pull necessitates getting at least a single 5* and 33 individual dollar pulls carry no such guarantee as you mentioned

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 22, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Zurai posted:

We got 100% of the Anniversary stuff last year, even Accessories of Light which was a total no-effort filler event. We'll get 100% of the Anniversary stuff this year, too. From memory, that includes but is not limited to:

• Special Cid's Missions for a single early Classic dungeon in each realm requiring (mostly) a specific party of characters, for 1 mythril each, 15 mythril total.
  • Simultaneously with the above, for the entire duration of the anniversary mega-event, and for a few days after every future dungeon update, half stamina costs for normal dungeons.
  • An orbfest, starting on the 15th, for 25 total mythril from clearing.
  • Three special half-price Lucky Draws; one is Curaga level heals, one is Imperils (or was it en-elements? I forget), and one is BSBs. These will come one per day (and for one day only) on the three days leading up to the anniversary.
  • An anniversary login bonus of 25 mythril.
  • A special anniversary dungeon with a magic pot you beat on until 50 mythril spills out. This will be on the day the anniversary celebration starts and lasts for the whole celebration, but you can only get the mythril once.
  • Ultros's Selection, a special banner with relics the players voted on. The first 11-pull is free, and you can make infinite additional pulls at the normal price. This, too, will be a one-day banner (IIRC) on the day the celebration starts.
so between the 25 from login bonus and the 50 from the magic pot, with the 3 lucky banners and the one free draw on the non-lucky banner DENA's basically spotting us 4 11-pulls, nice

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

I just beat the Meltdown boss and it was a lot easier than I expected. Only took me 3 tries. I didn't master it but idgaf.

So now which should I craft: Meltdown or Omega Drive?

can you go into excruciating detail how you did it because i tried one (1) time last month and got obliterated and realized that using ninja magic was a Bad Idea and my black magic hones were really poo poo so I didn't try again

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i thought the lucky draws were part of the anniversary thing

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know they've been posted a lot but i flipped back a page and didn't find them and am very lazy someone mind reposting the banner lists

i'm tempted to pull on whatever has orlandeau's osb on it because it probably has a lot of good stuff and i'd have a chance to glue together an 8* OSB sword

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 4, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah. does that extend to the not quite anniversary lucky draws too?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Those ones should be (we're not 100% sure but they don't usually change them): Curaga medicas, Enelement SBs, and BSBs

Get your self into the Discord for us to answer these and all your other questions whenever, btw

what would i use this thread for then

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stagger_Lee posted:

Couldn't beat the +++ fight with my only team of 60s, 3* honed abilities and shellga and protectga. Still too much damage on and not enough out. Mastered the event up to there.

i mean sounds like the ++ was the big stumbling block for people even kitted out to the gills so kudos!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stagger_Lee posted:

Couldn't beat the +++ fight with my only team of 60s, 3* honed abilities and shellga and protectga. Still too much damage on and not enough out. Mastered the event up to there.

Edit: this is about non-ultimate fights in the VII event, in case that's not clear.

Oh my bad. You should be able to cheese it with a decent overstrike roaming warrior, just fling both casts at Rude and he'll run (make sure to get the slow and/or break bonuses before you do). If you haven't a good one saved mine's at gkLe

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stagger_Lee posted:

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Random ones I was pulling weren't doing much.

The lesson I've learned as someone who's only super into this game in short bursts: a lot of the really high end stuff is beaten by A) Having a burst soul break or overstrike soul break that hits the boss' weak point or 2) pulling in a roaming warrior who does. That said, this tool here is what you need to get your engine started: https://www.ffrkcentral.com/roamingwarriors/search they just updated it a bit so you can sort and filter in all kinds of fun ways!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i usually think of them as the 3 reds and the 3 purples so i got confused

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Beasteh posted:

gently caress I can't stop spending money on this garbage gacha

just don't

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

Name a Final Fantasy port for Droid/iOS that isn't a gigantic disasterpiece. I guess if you squint you could say 1 and 2. Maybe 9, though I hear that's still buggy as poo poo.

i'd shoot a lot of vodka and play the ff1 ios port one summer, but also i am a very sad human

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

on the subject, unlocking a character's class orb with class motes is the only way to get copies of the class mote 6* skills, right? i know everyone recommends cracking them apart for crystals but i've been saving 1 copy of each lest they be lost forever

edit: and to be fair this is coming from a no money spent every part of the buffalo perspective

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 5, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

Can someone please post the results?

http://2ndanniv.finalfantasyrecordkeeper.com/

careful if you're not actually opening this on a phone the volume is way loud

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah. shout just buffs attack, vessel of fate buffs both magic and attack, so they stack.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

only duplicate on the banner was noel's burst soul break and i was sitting on a bunch of mythril so i rolled the dice. got cid's burst and super (and noel's super) making him not only solidly on my a-team but also my first owner of any native team magic boost whatsoever.

edit: wait that's a lie i forgot i had alphinaud with both deployment tactics and air blast

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 13, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's a real edge-case theory-crafting spreadsheet-calcuation of a question but i figure that that's exactly the right kind of question to ask on an internet forum for videogames: is it better to go "apply weakness" soul break -> "boost element" soul break or vice versa? I.e. I've got Agrias' burst soul break that makes an enemy holy weak and her new super that gives her holy boost. is there any real difference in effect depending on the order i use them?

(it's even more of a moot point because i've also got cleansing strike so excess soul meter is usually going towards that anyway)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

McDragon posted:

Also Raines and his imperil Holy that I grabbed from the dollar pull. Raines and Orlandeau are a dangerous pair of Cids.

as someone who now has both of these cids kitted out to the nines i agree with this post

does raines not have a level 99 crystal yet or did i just not see it when i was flipping through the options?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't care if it heals the enemy to maximum health on use if the name of that move is really "kerplode" i must have it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

4 rainbows but pretty blah draw for me, mustadio's older gun, vivi's mace of zeus, kuja's punisher (dupe), ovelia's old blink staff (2nd dupe).

glued the staves together for a 7*, considering doing the same with the punisher since I'll still be left with two FF9 synergy rods

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why would wiglaf make any more or less sense than wiegraf

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wizard on a water slide posted:

Holy poo poo, dude. I've beaten FFT like four or five times, literally have a degree in English Lit, and never noticed that

fkc;u that guy made me looks crazy dumb

KataraniSword posted:

The bad news is that Beatrix BSB is basically Agrias BSB 0.9.

Same imperil effect, same commands, but Beatrix's has an obnoxious penalty if your whole team isn't alive, which makes it awkward for multiplayer. It also means you have to be careful to only use your Sentinel command with whoever you want to actually draw attacks in the cases it matters.

The good news is that imperils stack now so they're not redundant.

wait, does the update allowing imperil stacking mean that ones of the same element stack? i thought it just meant that you could weaken enemies to multiple elements at once instead of each new weakness overwriting the previous

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 15, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

acumen posted:

1/11 OK gauntlets, just what I wanted/needed :getin:

Is it all that necessary to be stacking a 50% atk buff with a 30/30 buff? I have shout/Minfilia's SSB for one and now OK/Celes BSB for the other.

necessary? no it's not necessary per se

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

actually if we've established anything it's that names from fft are actually smart

but yeah he's basically celes but worse

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

UHD posted:

So what's smart about Mustadio

half mustard, half dio

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are the bonus half stamina cid missions for mythril going to rotate? the game says they expire on april 9th but i assume the same 5 aren't going to stick around for an entire month (unless they are?)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

something i've always assumed but never really checked up on: after you clear an orbfest dungeon once for the bonus goodies the only incentive to do all 3 stages is the little extra cash prize at the end, right? the appearance rate of cactuars doesn't go up or anything on the 2nd and 3rd stages? so it's better to tap out after round one to refresh your hones and health inside of diving all the way through

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I have 250ish mythril at this point, and while I have a vast array of top tier relics, I do not have a single ff2 relic to my name except for hand of the emperor. is it worth it for me to roll them bones on a banner, and if yes which will give me more bang for my buck?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Do you have plans to do the FF2 Torment CM? If yes, banner 2 is probably better for CM survivability because it's got gordon stuff and minwu stuff on it, even though it's a worse banner overall.

If you don't plan to do the FF2 Torment CM, hahahahaha fuuuuuuuck that, don't pull. FF2 isn't coming up again for the foreseeable future (there hasn't been an FF2 event since this one even in JP) so other than the torment the synergy is irrelevant.

ok, forget that pull then!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh no the new weekly event started on a tuesday and now ends on a friday instead of starting on a thursday and wrapping up on a sunday how will i spend laundry day catching up frantically with all the bosses i've forgotten to do

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my ff6 relic pool is completely crap except for some reason having just about every terra soul break in existence, so since she doesn't show up on either of these i'm pretty tempted to draw on them

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

welp got rosa's super soul break, and asylum. i already have vanille's bsb so i am content.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hot diggity when did they put a learn all button for record spheres

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got two gafgarion bursts :shepface:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

question: what does "stoneskin: 30%" mean and followup why does it have to show up on the one banner where i have a shitgazillion dupes

edit: oh it's an old super i thought it was something new

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Alxprit posted:

I can't believe they made banner 4 specifically for me. Hamelin and Saintly Excalibur in one package? Please and thank you.

i'm annoyed because i'd like the hamelin but i already have tg cid's osb, agrias' bsb, and both alphinaud's bsb and ssb

i might throw a pull at it anyway because i have the mythril

edit: i'm also disappointed not one celes runic style soul break is on the list, that's one mechanic i have yet to have in my repertoire

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 23, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

isn't agrias' BSB identical in every way to beatrix's? i ask this as someone who has both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Alxprit posted:

Beatrix's CMD2 is non-elemental while Agrias's CMD2 is holy-elemental.

well i'll be damned

• Locked thread