Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
just reporting in to say that yes RWing Hope's Divine Judgement Burst makes the U++ pretty easy

Any opinions on which available mc3 rm unlock is the best?

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Got two hope boomerangs, one the bsb and the other his first one, I think. I don't think it's even worth mastering the not bsb....

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
they just keep killing themselves with roulette, for me

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
After chain blizzaga and now chain firaga I am hurting very badly for non elemental orbs

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
All I got was a trident and a kuja gloves so far...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Schwartzcough posted:

I auto-battled through the event and don't think I saw roulette used even once. :shrug:

I'll trade you one of my 1/11 pulls of Excalibur IX for your pull! If I keep getting 1/11 pulls I'm gonna flip my poo poo. I spent so many months saving up mythril for the improved draw rates, only to end up hovering around the absolute minimum possible draw rate after multiple pulls.

The game has seen through your plan and adjusted accordingly

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i have a r2 full break and i pair that with a r4 breakdown my pattern goes fb bd bd fb bd bd soul break fb bd bd fb bd bd and usually im dead or the thing is dead by 13 turns

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
That meltigemini bio doesn't gently caress around. A-team clear was a bit of a struggle. Not bothering with cm without a clear gimmick to exploit...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I have a feeling that these Cids Missions for U++ are going to be kicking my rear end for the foreseeable future. U+'s I could do with relative consistency but these U++ are nutso and require some ridiculous synergy and/or luck.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ah wonderful

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
despite the garbage in the debuff banner, its still a guaranteed unique 5* for half price

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
is blink dispellable?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
for CM+ I just used a full ATB RM on someone with reflect so she'd never have blink up in the first place

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i had to bring in maria to be a reflect + chain blizzaga (on herself, after reflecting) + bop slept or confused guys bot

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Got all rounder, morning star vi, and orichalcum dirk. For 25 mythril I'll take that any day

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I now have 3 different blitzballs. My FFX backline synergy is something to be feared

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
thats weird because lulu still has dolls coming up i think

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

U-DO Burger posted:

holy poo poo I didn't realize the hit rate for statuses tank that hard when you've got moderate resistance.

i thought all of the big boss hit% was like 303% or something

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
U++ wouldn't be too bad... if that motherfucker didn't stop people forever

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
beat U++ with many layers of mitigation

Full breakdown (Fran SSB)
MAG+DEF Breakdown (Vaan BSB)
ATK+MAG Breakdown (Agrias SB)
ATK Breakdown
MAG Breakdown
DEF Breakdown
Shellga
Protectga
Wall

Probably could have used a Mug Bloodlust (ATK+DEF Break) but I haven't gotten around to creating/honing one up

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i just blitzed down ahriman prime with a CM team in one go and managed to only lose two guys. i have pretty good SBs and synergy for XII though

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
wall saves a big chunk of damage. he only has one def ignoring attack. the rest are big attacks that will be mitigated

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
are the freelancer costumes ever going to be properly released or best to buy them now for the completionist in me

also are people that received last years halloween rewards not going to get this batch or what

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 31, 2016

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
between halting rumba and stop, he never had a turn

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ideally, he never gets to cast reflect

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
mastery conditions are land stop, use lightning, and reduce attack

i didn't use any mitigation because i was counting on him not doing anything but flash, which was exactly what happened

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i had around 650 MND on my stop users so he was stuck regardless of a few misses

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the piercing stuff isn't too bad if you have stackable breaks ready to go

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
got the kain BSB from the dollar pull

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Kains bsb + Kaiser shield + lightning dive + Dragoon RM is pretty darn silly

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
But don't always never not pull

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wonder if I should run an entrust + Mako might hero to feed kain a soul break bar to enter rear end kicking mode with a +30% Dragoon rm right away but that's a lot of resources to commit to just one dude

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i wonder where they came up with the idea of the warrior type that kills by jumping on dudes with a spear

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
for how many actions does burst mode last again?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
im rather proud of my break stacking right now

right now i can stack 4 magic breakdowns, 3 attack breakdowns and 1 attack break, 3 armor breakdowns and 2 armor breaks, and 2 mental breakdowns and 1 mental break

so far my breakdown stack A team can clear anything with little issue

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Vaan w/ Ace Striker (Mug Bloodlust/Wrath) Ark Blast BSB (MAG+DEF bkdn) (DEF bkdn) (ATK+DEF bk)
Fran w/ Mako Might (Magic Breakdown/Mental Breakdown) Mist overload SSB (MAG+ATK+DEF+RES bkdn) (MAG bkdn) (RES bkdn)
Agrias w/ Battleforged (Saints Cross/Lifesiphon) Cleansing Strike SB (MAG+ATK bkdn)
Tyro w/ Dr. Mog (Power Breakdown/Filler) Keeper's Tome SSB (DEF+RES bk) (ATK bkdn)
Healer

With break resist and all breaks applied
MAG is reduced by 64%
ATK is reduced by 57%
DEF is reduced by 59%
RES is reduced by 46%

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 18, 2016

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I beat necrophobe after figuring out how to time mist overload, armor breakdown, and mug bloodlust to land just before he hit 80% and using shatterheart to turn on/off the atk and mag barriers simultaneously. Went to phase 3 but I had a keepers tome to buy time until he went down. Didn't master one time because two people got flared the first time but second time only one got killed for mastery.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
well killed everything + CM without having to dip into my mythril stash. now to wait on sir onion and the black friday banners

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
are the multiplayer rewards as awful as they appear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
There's a lot of dupes in the lucky draw pool for me but I guess that's a good problem to have

• Locked thread