Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you have enough mythril for multiple pulls just pull once a day so you get to stretch out your anticipation and also so you can give yourself more time to make good decisions instead of bad impulse decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've got so many drat eggs I'm happy to have an excuse to egg someone to 99

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
can lifebane realistically do 50000 damage if you hit the 1014 threshold or is the multiplier too low?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
uh, indomitable blade is for refilling snowspell strike charges

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
got Ramza BSB, Fang BSB, and a dupe Hope BSB that I combined because who the hell else uses throwing magic weapons in XIII

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sesq posted:

To be clear, I don't need any more than 12 of these Onion Knight Motes, correct?

Where the hell do they come from? I only have 5 from cms

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
is there going to be another exp dungeon with the ultimates?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yeah its 140000 xp compared to sundaily's 175000 but no greens and fewer eggs

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Sometimes I think they are too generous for a f2p game

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

What are good sources of wind imperil? I got Luneth's BSB and Freya's SSB for en-wind, and then Bartz' 4-element BSB that is boosted with a bunch of +spellblade.

Also interested in fire related gear. I got Balthier's SSB + BSB and a Red Armlet. That by itself is enough to make him a one-man wrecking crew with fire, but I'd like to also try and leverage the imperil fire with more characters.

I have Ogre and Fang's BSB for imperil wind and Luneth's BSB + Freya SSB + Squall BSB for wind damage i guess

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

paperwind posted:

I really like that there's an EXP dungeon attached to this event. It'd be cool if DenA could make a special EXP dungeon for each event going forward, so you could reasonably start catching up some of your under-leveled heroes without having to go all-in on Sundaily each week.

i think its just running off the gimmick that onion knight is in desperate need of levels to be useful so they provide a means to give him levels

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Beasteh posted:

Get OK support 5 if you intend to do any III Cid Missions in future, he's the only source of full break in III realms

Support 5, BLK 5 and WHM 5 are the most important, IMO. His MND and MAG stats are really high. Ninja and celerity are more niche and combat is a dime a dozen

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Beat the Ahriman CM with 3x Eternal Wind blitz (1 native, 2 RM). He stayed mostly interrupted and died pretty quick!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
First U+ multiplayer party went perfectly though I accidentally stacked my keeper's tome on top of another dudes when I could have used SG instead... (mist opportunity...) (sorry, so sorry)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
that rematch banner sucks. might be the first half price lucky draw banner I won't never not pull on

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
hot potato is the bad option fyi

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i enjoyed the easy, stamina-cheap orbs

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ZarathustraFollower posted:

So I just started playing this 2 days ago. Friend told me to use the mythril I got to do lucky draws and from 2 banners got excalibur, physicians staff, and rune axe. Managed to get a hero soul and unlocked leon. Most of my efforts have been focused on the normal dungeons to increase stamina, but I could use advice for abilities to craft and long term goals. Now I am saving mythril for the christmas banner I guess?

oh no why leon

e: or did you get a good weapon for leon?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yeah i just don't count on chance for anything because youll get screwed more often than not

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Considering the amount of hidden information one needs to get the most out of ffrk, Dr mog is really a very bad teacher

Game completely glosses over any stat caps, status stacking/overwriting, special immunities, status lengths, percent modifiers, etc. I wonder if forcing the average player to dig much deeper to find things out makes them all the engrossed in the game and more likely to continue playing because lots of games seem to do this minimal in game info thing.

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 30, 2016

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Uggg gonna see how bad the cm is before I pull on these banners but it's tempting...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got good groups in MP by looking at the setups and jumping ship if there were really weak links. One-shot everything

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
heh check out the guy who shattered thief's revenge

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
u seem like a guy who could use a flare strike

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Battleforged/Ace Striker + lifesyphon/wrath is good for those SBs you would like to have a Dr. Mog's/Mako Might for but don't. Also using those instead of a damage RM and lifesiphon means you can use something other than lifesiphon and keep your uptime on important SB debuffs as well

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

kalensc posted:

A white-mage knight appears

a WHT knight, even?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Got Yda's SSB fist :geno:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Mastered sorceress gauntlet the first time after the first three decided to charge up my celes' snowspell strike instead of mass aoeing everything to death

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Even if zidane isn't your husbando please pretend he is for this vote

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Fine, Locke is new boyfriendo (he won't commit anyways)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yeah do it

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Mist Opportunity, Sorry so sorry, Lets roll, Fungaaah, Incredible, OK, Thanks, Well Played are all good

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Also one shot all the raid bosses in a party for minimal stamina usage

Also I've cleaned out every single thing to do except for a single 61 stamina elite dungeon to refresh my stamina off of...

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 12, 2016

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Atomos was really easy and :sigh: nothing else to do but dailies again...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
sounds awful to do but congrats

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
when i was doing necrophobe i paused everytime an action became available so I could remember what the hell i had planned to do with that guy that turn

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
you could say we already have the double spellblade...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Uncle Ulty posted:

I was going to skip this Buff Banner, since I already have Shout, SG, Thyrus, and another 5 items from this banner, but Half-Price plus Always-Be-Pulling overrode my judgement and I had to do it.

4/11.

Deneb Duellers. :geno:
Guardian Targe. :what:
Kefka's Cloak. :ohdear:

... Onion Gauntlets. :aaaaa:

I think I won.

I lost with a Shotgun VII

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Dark Bargain, Death Throes, and Reaping Scythe is a devastating combo

Adbot