Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

IllegallySober posted:

1/11, dupe Thyrus.

Probably going to sink another 50 Mythril. drat it, if I had gotten ANY of the five featured relics I would have been okay but really just want Shout :(

Edit: All right, fine, you drat game, I get it, it isn't gonna happen. I'll stop here and wait to throw money after Onion Gauntlets instead. The Tiara is a dupe but the other two aren't so that works.

Sup IS.

I know you wanted the OSB but imo you won tonight. A top-tier physical BSB and healer BSB gives huge flexibility, and Terra's OSB will def return more often than Refia's BSB.

Even the dupe Thyrus is solid, depending on your pull plans. More XIV stat sticks the better yea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Help I'm scared of the 1-3 dupes I have on all these great banners. :ohdear:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Can someone please provide a synopsis of the FFT-1 banner? Two relics on this banner return, and if I plan to pull I'd like to avoid having dupes.

Is TGCid a case where you need both his BSB and OSB to make him great? Or are there other means like a Powerchain or other ability to set him up if you just have one of his sbs?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gotta say that scheduling the most anticipated banner drop on the night most likely to prompt drunken impulse pulling is mad genius on DeNA's part.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Here's my subjective opinion of the FFT-1 banner: I love it, and will pull on it, but it's NOT a God banner.

Brief rundown of the items on it: Agrias' -50% ATK/MAG SB shield, Ovelia's Haste/High Regen SB robe, Ovelia's MBlink SSB staff, Mustadio's Penta Break SSB gun, Ovelia's Protectga/Shellga/2000 HP Stock SSB hat, Agrias' Enholy SSB shield, Agrias' Imperil Holy BSB sword, Orlandeau's BSB cloak and the grand prize, Orlandeau's Overstrike with Thunder God buff sword. The first three items and Agriascalibur are reissues, everything else is new. There are two things to be wary of, here. First, I don't much care for either of Ovelia's non-Princess Staff relics. Given the existence of Agrias in general and Shout in particular, they don't even really cover something notably useful for CMs, in a rare realm to boot. Not everybody has Shout and/or an Agrias relic but I'm sure many do, myself included, so there's a pair of duds here. Second, Orlandeau's BSB isn't what it looks like when you look at the damage numbers. According to number crunching done by people other than me, the long charge time eats away way more DPS than the unprecedented high multipliers would make you believe. It's better to just chain his OSB if you get that and there are a lot more BSBs who beat it in DPS than you might expect. That said, though, this banner is the Agrias show and she's a giant favorite of mine, I truly believe Cleansing Strike is an evergreen SB and her other two relics are fine additions, the Enholy SSB giving her a very good damage option against Holy-weak bosses and she's probably the best Holy Imperiler there is. And while the Orlandeau OSB will almost definitely recur during the Anniversary on a banner that will prove more competitive (JP anniversary banner 4 was as close to "god banner" status as it gets and will not survive to be anywhere near as good for us I'll bet) it's the best Physical OSB there is and if you want it to gently caress around with, there's enough value on the banner that it's worth pulling on.

Thanks! Good to know that there's caveats with the top prizes, I'll be able to spread out mythril a bit more evenly this winter.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i remember when everyone was farming for black cowls...

I still have a ++ one in my Vault since most of my IV armor is heavy. Still useful!

Oh man that new JP banner with Mog relics and all sorts of Celes goodies will get plenty of my mythril come late June-ish.

Torment dungeons were a lot of fun, I took a shot at it with some excess Thursday stamina and managed to master the standard d200 and d250. The CM was just too much to handle without a real medica or mage relic though, so fingers crossed the Summoner banner provides something for Krile!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Varance posted:

Reminder to newer players: Tyro's Selection 3 is coming soon, likely during the next event (it toward the end of the Seymour event on the JP side). Assuming the relics don't change radically, here's what's on the banner:

BSB: Celes (Maria's Song) Area Medium ATK/MAG Up + Enlight + Burst Mode (Single Fire/Holy and Ice/Holy attacks) [Weapon improves holy damage]
BSB: Tidus (Abe's All-Star) 5x Area Water Phys + Enwater + Burst Mode (Single + Area Water attacks)
BSB: Lightning (Requiem of the Goddess) 7x Single Target Non-Ele Phys hits + Burst Mode (Single/Area Non-Ele Phy attacks that have a chance to stun)
SSB: Ramza (Shout) Area Large ATK up + Haste
SSB: Krile (Sheepsong) Area Large MAG up + Haste [Weapon improves fire damage]
SSB: Rosa (Divine Heal) Area Curaja + Magic Blink
SSB: Fran (Mist Overload) 7x Single Non-Ele Phys + Full Breakdown
SB: Tyro (Sentinel's Grimoire) Area Wall
SB: Basch (Apocalypse Shield) Area Medium ATK/DEF up [Armor improves holy damage]

Each pull is G5 (at least one of the above or an off-banner 5* is guaranteed) also gives you a guaranteed choice of an Enelement SB relic for the following characters:

SB: Sephiroth (Nibelheim Nightmare) 4x Area Fire Ranged + Enfire
SB: Squall (Mystic Flurry) 5x Area Ice Ranged + Enblizzard
SB: Desch (Bolt of the Ancients) 4x Area Lightning Ranged + Enthunder
SB: Lightning (Stormborn) Enthunder (don't pick this, that's all it does)
SB: Rinoa (The Brothers) 3x Area Earth Magic + Enstone
SB: Bartz (Choco Romp) 5x Area Wind Phys + Enaero [Armor improves wind damage]
SB: Cloud (Climhazzard) 7x Single Wind Phys + Enaero
SB: Yuna (Farplane Wind) 3x Area Holy Magic + Enlight
SB: Exdeath (Dark Earth Shaker) 3x Area Dark Magic + Endark
SB: Kuja (Dread of Death) 4x Area Dark Magic + Endark
SB: Gabranth (Enrage) 6x Single Dark Phys + Endark [Armor improves defence against the dark arts]

I highly recommend that new players without a large relic stash spend their mythril on the Summon Nightmare and Tyro Select 3 banners. Do a 50 pull if possible for the guaranteed 5* relic.

Tempted to pull on this for Razzmatazz despite having a few dupes in the SSB/SB list.

This banner lets you choose the free bonus SB later on if you prefer right? So you could wait and see if you pick up an Imperil later on before committing to a particular Enelement?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Schwartzcough posted:

It's not quite that strong. I had Kuja open the fight with his Endark SB, followed by summoning the Raines BSB and spamming command 1 to the tune of ~8500 per hit, with good synergy stat-sticks on him. So no, you can't just spam command 1 for 40k damage unless you have faithgas or some seriously ridiculous magic power.

I'm assuming you did this but just forgot to write it, but for anyone unfamiliar with CR BSB Command 2 has a Mag+ Res- buff.

So say your Kuja or other IX caster has about 400 Mag with decent RS gear.

Memento Mori is a self-Faith (ID #601) plus self-Doom, so that's a x1.3 bump for Mag to 520.

Raines RW is a Burst, so that's a x1.2 (stacks with all IDs) bump on Mag to 624

It also has a group Mag+ Def+ (#620), so that's a x1.3 bump on Mag to 811~.

Command 2 is a self Mag+ Res- (#622), so that's a x1.3 bump on Mag to 1055~.

That is more or less the value where Mag hits a bit of a soft cap. It should certainly be enough to hit for 4x9999 vs Dark-weak enemies like Beatrix and Steiner, unless something went awry in terms of action ordering.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Phew, took down the D250 while relying on Tidus OSB natively and Razzmatazz as the RW for the EnWater. Everyone else just came to heal and mitigate.

I tried the D200 with a similar approach with the Paine SSB (grants Enwater) and Wakka as an Entrust-Wrath battery but I was wiped by consecutive Tails when he was around 10% HP. I think I'll need to pick up either a native Hastega, native mitigation BSB, or a better medica than the illustrious Tiny Bee to have a reasonable shot at it in the future.

Looking forward to the Nightmares tonight, good luck to all those who pull! :ohdear: :angel: :ohdear:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

(Valigarmanda data sourced from Zurai's JP thread on reddit, and Resistance data from the MisterP PDF)

For those tackling the Nightmare (Valigarmanda) the elemental resist accessories will be a huge mitigator, and due to every 5* Summoner getting realm synergy the Lucky Dice may actually be quite useful. When including RS a major/moderate/minor elemental resist will reduce damage by 70%/40%/20% respectively.

Based on Zurai's JP data, the boss AI leans a little bit in favor of doing Ice command versus a Fire or Lightning command, and in later phases it added a tri-elemental attack. There's also a mix of single-target and AoE (perhaps enough to make Celes' original Runic a viable RW for people good SSB/BSB options but low hones?).

Note that the AoE actions are locked until Turn 3 (or Turn 4 for one particular Ice ability), and Phase 1 has a countdown timer so it's not viable for the player to stay in Phase 1 for more than 5~ turns. Thus Phase 1 has been split into early and later sections below.

pre:
Phases FireST FireAE Ice.ST Ice.AE LighST LighAE All3AE
------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Early1   33     00     33     00     33     00     00
Later1   20     10     20     20     20     10     00
  P2     08     17     08     25     08     17     17
  P3     10     10     10     25     10     10     25

Perhaps Zurai or another JP vet can answer this: Multi-elemental attacks used by the player on a boss will have element calculated individually and then the game will apply the highest-damage option. If a boss attacks the player with a multi-elemental attack (like Valigarmanda's non-Nightmare version of its Fire/Ice/Lightning attack) and a character is resisting just 1 or 2 of those elements, does the calculation select the maximum damage (advantage boss) or lowest damage (advantage player)?

If we ignore the tri-elemental attacks for a moment, and also discount the early Phase 1 due to the limited number of turns and lack of AoE, then here are the main accessories worth considering along with their realm synergy resistances:

Gigas Armlet - (Resist Fire, Ice, and Lightning 40%) * (Resists 100% Valig. Attacks) = expected value of 40~% damage reduction
Arctic Armlet - (Resist Ice 70%) * (Resist 40-46~% Valig Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 28-32% DR
Necrophobe Ward - (Resist Fire and Lightning 40%) * (Resists 54-60~% Valig. Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 22-24~% DR
Lucky Dice - (Resist all elements 20%) * (Resists 100% Valig. Attacks) = EV of 20~% DR
Bolt Armlet - (Resist Lightning 70%) * (Resist 27-30% Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 19-21~% DR
Blaze Armlet - (Resist Fire 70%) * (Resist 27-30% Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 19-21~% DR

However, if the tri-elemental attack is calculated the same for the boss as it is for us (i.e. highest damage wins out), then it shifts to become:

Gigas Armlet - (Resist Fire, Ice, and Lightning 40%) * (Resists 100% Valig. Attacks) = expected value of 40~% damage reduction
Arctic Armlet - (Resist Ice 70%) * (Resist 33-40~% Valig. Attacks) = EV of 23-28% DR
Lucky Dice - (Resist all elements 20%) * (Resists 100% Valig. Attacks) = EV of 20~% DR
Necrophobe Ward - (Resist Fire and Lightning 40%) * (Resists 40-60~% Valig. Attacks) = EV of 16-24~% DR
Bolt Armlet - (Resist Lightning 70%) * (Resist 20-30% Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 14-21~% DR
Blaze Armlet - (Resist Fire 70%) * (Resist 20-30% Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 14-21~% DR

And if the calculation was advantageous for the player (i.e. lowest damage is applied), then the Lucky Dice would tumble down to last place given that the Fire and Lightning gear would become far more beneficial in the final two phases.

Summary: Pending confirmation on the calculation of Enemy Multi-Elemental Attacks vs Resistance gear, Lucky Dice may be quite useful.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Yea it's probably reasonable to assume that the special draws will be covered by login bonuses and orbfest clear mythril rewards.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Welp, 0 dupes on this banner, so giddy up FF VII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Prav posted:

even on its own just having an extra stacking mag debuff ain't bad

While Mug Bloodlust is a debuff and self-buff, Stitch in Time is just 2 physical attacks (blerg) and self-MagUp-DefDown. It's instant too though, so Fujin can get her BSB/SSB and Stitch going real fast.

• Locked thread