Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave the debate uncobbed?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Ed Balls
Robert Morrow
View Results

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Look Around You posted:

So apparently the Trump camp tried to put Bill Clinton's accusers in the family box and to try to get him to shake hands with them, but the debate commission shut it down and threatened to have them removed by security.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/785359490941988864

https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/785359288793374720

Right out some lovely Reality TV script. I bet this was Trump's own idea and he was really, really proud of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Look Around You posted:

So apparently the Trump camp tried to put Bill Clinton's accusers in the family box and to try to get him to shake hands with them, but the debate commission shut it down and threatened to have them removed by security.

Jesus Christ what the gently caress happened to you, Guiliani?

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Jerusalem posted:

9/11 is a hell of a drug

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Look Around You posted:

The fact that Giuliani is bragging about this is astounding

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I think all in all what I came away with from the debate was a sense of depression that we're using the presidential debate to talk about who's the bigger rapist.

We really need to have a national conversation about rape culture and how things like this "locker room talk" and street harassment all contribute to a mindset that downplays sexual assault instead of barking over each other to say whose rape stuff is going to make which candidate win. I am guilty of it but this debate was super triggering for a lot of people who have experienced sexual assault and we've turned it into jokes and entertaining polling percentage speculation.

I don't even know if that's what you meant but that's what depresses me and I don't know what to do about it.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Decius posted:

Right out some lovely Reality TV script. I bet this was Trump's own idea and he was really, really proud of.

No, this is 1000% Bannon.

There's a photo of him at the pre-debate stunt looking very smug next to a confused and somewhat horrified reporter.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Anyone got a highlight reel yet of what happened? I missed it all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Third World Reggin posted:

Anyone got a highlight reel yet of what happened? I missed it all.

Did you ever go to a zoo in the 80s and see a confused and under-stimulated polar bear staggering about in an environment it obviously wasn't meant to be in, occasionally humping something but mostly just looking lost, forlorn and kinda pathetic, and its minders should have known better? Well that was Trump in the debate tonight.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Jerusalem posted:

to be perfectly frank he wasn’t really that great before or after that one month in 2001

if it weren’t for his visibility as “america’s mayor” and the fact the talking heads still think that means something he would have ridden the rocket-sled into whatever hell scandal-ridden republican-ex-politicians end up in

the fact that he didn’t end up there anyways after trying to kill benefits for first responders will never not floor me, hopefully his involvement with trump kills whatever relevance he has left

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

We really need to have a national conversation about rape culture and how things like this "locker room talk" and street harassment all contribute to a mindset that downplays sexual assault instead of barking over each other to say whose rape stuff is going to make which candidate win. I am guilty of it but this debate was super triggering for a lot of people who have experienced sexual assault and we've turned it into jokes and entertaining polling percentage speculation.

I don't even know if that's what you meant but that's what depresses me and I don't know what to do about it.

Yeah I agree, but I'm not sure this is the way we should go about having that discussion. I feel like Trump is 99% at fault here but I just hate the fact that we're at this place where the race is so dirty and we can't talk about where we agree and disagree because we're talking about throwing the other candidate in jail and whether Trump or Bill Clinton is the bigger rapist.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The ploy to have the 90s Clinton people confront Bill was not a terrible one, given the position of the campaign. I mean, it was terrible and trashy, but this campaign is in hail mary territory. Nothing other than a complete narrative shift is going to save them now, and some kind of explosive event between Bill Clinton and a woman who had accused him of rape is maybe one of the only things big enough to make that happen. You know the media will jump on a Clinton scandal instantly.

Good on the debate commission for shutting it down.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

also what the gently caress was with Trump practically jamming the mic into his mouth while he spoke

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Epic High Five posted:

also what the gently caress was with Trump practically jamming the mic into his mouth while he spoke

So the evil Lieberals can't steal his precious words on their way to the mic. Haven't you seen the first debate, and how badly they treated him?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

what you thought trump didn't genuinely believe the lie he came up with?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Yinlock posted:

what you thought trump didn't genuinely believe the lie he came up with?

Yeah what a lie, he even got the debate commission in on it

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I'm 20 minutes in and Trump is killing it. The bloodshed hasn't started yet though has it?

(I'm at the classified emails part, "she didn't know the letter C")

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
lol at pence canceling fundraiser appearances today

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

lol at pence canceling fundraiser appearances today

He was probably going to leave the ticket but now he's gotta think about it for a few more days after the debate where Trump did not poo poo himself enough to show the stains through his pants

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Oiled and Ready posted:

He was probably going to leave the ticket but now he's gotta think about it for a few more days after the debate where Trump did not poo poo himself enough to show the stains through his pants

Just wait for the second video to hit trump tower.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Epic High Five posted:

freud's calling

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

also does anyone have the transcript of when trump threw pence under the bus case I was getting my third rum&coke then

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

StashAugustine posted:

also does anyone have the transcript of when trump threw pence under the bus case I was getting my third rum&coke then

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

You can watch the video there, but yeah Pence didn't ask daddy for permission to help Aleppo and Trump is going to discipline him later. :o:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cornwind Evil posted:

A political party should have bit the bullet and lost weight (stopped pandering to/cut out all the extremists) but it didn't and kept gouging itself (tried to have it both ways, dog whistling, etc) and eventually they ended up with diabetes and lost both their legs (Trump came along and refused to 'play properly' and the extremists all stood up and cheered and pushed him to the front of the line and then right off a cliff). They refused to make themselves suffer and it just made sure they suffered a lot more when all was said and done.

Honestly I think we might be seeing the complete destruction of the GOP and a generation of democratic presidents as the inmates run the asylum and burn it down and then they have to slowly rebuild because no one with any sense trusts them any more. Hell, maybe we shouldn't be worried about Hillary: maybe we should be worried about whoever is elected in 2032 heading into the White House pulling the Stalinism card because their opposition ate themselves alive and no one stops them until it's too late.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

honestly i'm just curious what it ends up looking like when it's "democrats" vs 3 or 4 "3rd party" groups, of which the gasping remnants of evangelicals make up the "republican" bloc

will the left wing vs. moderate democrats finally fracture into disparate groups now that there's nothing to push the far-left into the "moderate" category because "it's better than the right wing"? destroy the two-party system and the electoral college, have a senate/house that with 3 or more parties represented?

probably not, but it's nice to dream about

If anything, I think Trump's attempt at fascism might just be the glue that makes the next leftmost/center rightmost parties work together. Before Reagan the parties used to do some stuff together and the polarization that the Republicans created during the first Clinton administration has really undermined governmental effectiveness. By removing the Republicans from actual power, that will return as shown by Hillary and Sanders joining forces. Because we know what happens when that doesn't happen: Donald Trump and the Deploreable Sexist/Racist madness.

Look Around You posted:

They placed the entire debate on this, didn't they, and it simply didn't work. You think Trump is going to keep having Breitbart fund to transport these women around?

Decius posted:

"Trump, why are you using these rape victims as bait?"

"WOULDN'T IT BE FUNNY IF THEY DIDN'T SHAKE HIS HAND, OOOOOOH DRAMA."

"But doesn't this prove you're really a scummy sexist gently caress?"

".....DRAMA, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!"

Steve Yun posted:

The fact that Giuliani is bragging about this is astounding

The lack of awareness is interesting. He really doesn't know what he's doing is wrong. He's never, ever going to live this down and I really don't think he knows that.

Being easy on the Republicans has really made them soft in the head.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Mayor Dave posted:

HOLY poo poo BINGO

I just want to point out that this lucky bastard actually got a double-bingo because Trump mentions the second amendment later in the debate.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
nice

ok logikv9 and I are going to check the transcripts and declare winners sometimes today so if you don't have plat for pms, stay tuned in this thread

namaste~

HPK
Mar 25, 2003
guy

StashAugustine posted:

quote:

MARTHA RADDATZ - 10:17 PM
Mr.Trump, let me repeat the question. If you were president, what would you do about Syria and the humanitarian crisis in Aleppo? And I want to remind you what your running mate said. He said provocations by Russian need to be met with American strength and that if Russia continues to be involved with airstrikes along with the Syrian government forces of Assad, the United States of America should be prepared to use military force to strike the military targets, of the Assad regime.

DONALD TRUMP - 10:18 PM
Okay. He and I haven’t spoken and I disagree.

MARTHA RADDATZ - 10:18 PM
You disagree with your running mate?

DONALD TRUMP - 10:18 PM
We have to knock out ISIS. Right now Syria is fighting ISIS. We have people that want to fight both at the same. But Syria's no longer Syria. Syria’s Russia and it’s Iran which she made strong, and Kerry, and Obama made into a very powerful nation. And a very rich nation. Very, very quickly. I believe we have to get ISIS. We have to worry about ISIS before we can get too much more involved. She had a chance to do something with Syria. They had a chance and that was the line.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Non-sequiturs have never been more beautiful.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Oiled and Ready posted:

The debate commission said there were only problems with audio within the debate hall. Not on TV. That's Trump snorting the mic.

All-Beef Patricide
Dec 9, 2003
T d d

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

TBeats posted:

Non-sequiturs have never been more beautiful.

It follows in Trump's mind. Trump actually thinks the Syrian rebels are ISIS

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jerusalem posted:

Native New Yorker chiming in here to say that Giuliani always was and always will be pure scum.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
thank you to all ik for their hard work and hospitality re: last nite

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
trump makes a good point that making crude language and dealing with international politics and foreign terrorists are the same thing well said

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

nice

ok logikv9 and I are going to check the transcripts and declare winners sometimes today so if you don't have plat for pms, stay tuned in this thread

namaste~

Does Trump bragging about his new DC hotel when saying that the feds know his taxes count as hawking a property

I mean it's at worst a humblebrag.

Essential Inks
May 10, 2013

by exmarx
Was I the only one who heard Hillary call Trump a fat fag?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ehn, it's not like Bray's ever won a major feud

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mariana Horchata posted:

thank you to all ik for their hard work and hospitality re: last nite

yeah as always thanks for always working hard to keep things entertaining and keeping diapers dry around here, god knows why you do it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

ehn, it's not like Bray's ever won a major feud

Ambrose