Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave the debate uncobbed?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Ed Balls
Robert Morrow
View Results

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think all in all what I came away with from the debate was a sense of depression that we're using the presidential debate to talk about who's the bigger rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

We really need to have a national conversation about rape culture and how things like this "locker room talk" and street harassment all contribute to a mindset that downplays sexual assault instead of barking over each other to say whose rape stuff is going to make which candidate win. I am guilty of it but this debate was super triggering for a lot of people who have experienced sexual assault and we've turned it into jokes and entertaining polling percentage speculation.

I don't even know if that's what you meant but that's what depresses me and I don't know what to do about it.

Yeah I agree, but I'm not sure this is the way we should go about having that discussion. I feel like Trump is 99% at fault here but I just hate the fact that we're at this place where the race is so dirty and we can't talk about where we agree and disagree because we're talking about throwing the other candidate in jail and whether Trump or Bill Clinton is the bigger rapist.

• Locked thread