Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave the debate uncobbed?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Ed Balls
Robert Morrow
View Results

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

"I'm not going to take the low road"
*goes low*

Yeah, she didn't respond to anything he said, said he doesn't respond to things people ask about him. Nobody will care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Hillary didn't shake his hand because she doesn't know where it has been.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

"I don't know anything about Russia." -a person who wants to be POTUS

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

beergod posted:

I feel like trump is doing....ok?

I arzy with the best of them but he looks weak as hell and just said he doesn't know anything about Russia, one of the biggest global powers. His best line was about honest Abe and Hillary being a liar and that wasn't that good.

He's done.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Yeah but Americans are literal children as evidenced by 40% of them backing Trump.

40% isn't going to get him the white house.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

a helpful bear posted:

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY CALL A QUARTERPOUNDER IN FRANCE?"

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

tinstaach posted:

Has laughter ever broken out at a presidential debate before 2016?

And do I already know the answer to this question?

Audiences have tittered and maybe gotten a bit disruptive once during a debate but debates have never been like this in my lifetime.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

docbeard posted:

You know, of all the things I expected from tonight, anything resembling an actual debate was not one of them.

:agreed:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Trump got Pwned in the Clean Coal Bone Zone

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Trump was better than I thought he would be but absolutely nothing but the insane parts of that debate are going to get press and that's not good for him.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

so that last question was really bad and dumb but I would not have called trump accidentally giving clinton too flattering a compliment

It is especially good because he attacked her stamina and now she doesn't give up.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

otoh clinton implicitly condoned creeping on your own daughter with her answer so I'm calling this a win for trump

I didn't get that at all and I doubt anybody else did either. It was the best thing she could come up with in the moment and none of us could have given a better answer than that. I have my own issues with Hillary and the debate but neither candidate did anything to hurt Hillary with that last question.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

I have no idea how to handle someone responding to that as if it was serious analysis, congratulations on your masterful metatroll

People say this as if there's something that is supposed to tip off that you aren't one of the many crazy motherfuckers who earnestly post crazy ideas. Boosted is in this thread so forgive me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I think all in all what I came away with from the debate was a sense of depression that we're using the presidential debate to talk about who's the bigger rapist.

We really need to have a national conversation about rape culture and how things like this "locker room talk" and street harassment all contribute to a mindset that downplays sexual assault instead of barking over each other to say whose rape stuff is going to make which candidate win. I am guilty of it but this debate was super triggering for a lot of people who have experienced sexual assault and we've turned it into jokes and entertaining polling percentage speculation.

I don't even know if that's what you meant but that's what depresses me and I don't know what to do about it.

• Locked thread