Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

It's been more than 5 years since the end of the Gears of War Original Trilogy (OT), and Gears of War 4 finally comes out on Tuesday. I figured I'd finally make a thread for this series of awesome games... I don't know if anyone else in the Zone is getting it, but feel free to talk about the previous games, memories of the series, maybe get some co op going? etc.

I can already hear some sonybros revving up to spam this thread with comments like "TEARS of War" and crap like that, just generally stewing about the fact that we got to play Gears while they got stuck with, ah, Killzone... Allow me to rev up a little something of my own in return: come at me, haters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'll also be using this thread to discuss the 2009 "Gearslike" third person shooter, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

“Do you ever feel like you died, but no one told u?” When The Coletrain said that in the final chapter of Gears of War 3, I just had to put the sticks down and think about my life. Then before I knew it my Xboxs auto poweroff setting kicked in, and I was just sitting there still stoned out of my mind in complete silent darkness.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm not too far into 50C:BotS just yet, but one thing that stands out to me is how the music seamlessly continues through cutscenes and game menus. That's really cool

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

If you click the left stick 50 will shout insults, and you can spend excess cash to buy more insults.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I read half of this in Rod Serling's voice lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yeah. Apparently there are sections of the single player that have certain elements of Horde mode too.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yes- with co-op crossplay, apparently.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

👁 ❤️
PAIN

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The enemies in this will randomly switch between speaking Arabic and Russian.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Got Cole Train in my first loot crate... Heck yes!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's cool that Valve managed to singlehandedly infest the entire shooter genre with loot crate AIDS.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I never picked up that Gears 1 remaster so this is the first time I've played Gears MP at 60FPS... :wth:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Are there any regulars here who want the code for Gears 1+2+3+Judgment download. I don't know how many of you own Xbox but it's worth asking

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

If it's for Xbone, I would like it.

Ok. I'll pm them shortly

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'll be buying another year of Gold soon... Let's play Horde, everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU