Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
A friend put out the idea that the mics should just be on two minute timers tied to the clock behind then. After 2 minutes they automatically shut off with no involvement from the moderators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Star Man posted:

Because in 2020, you don't cut the President of the United States off during a debate.

If its automated they can suck it up learn to finish on time. I was watching the debate and they could have always finished strongly within the limited time but they just had to get 5 more words in. Besides who are they going to blame if the format gets agreed to and implemented. The clock?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Can we add like... a timer running out heartbeat sound to up the loving stress for the speaker? That would own.

I would be down for some sort of "you have 30 seconds remaining" type noise so they have fair warning. One less thing to complain about.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Star Man posted:

Again, you just don't interrupt the loving President of the United States, even if they've gone over their time by five minutes.

Cool, I disagree with that and neither of the people taking part in the debate are the president. And any fighting with moderators over it is going to come off as petty to both sides.

• Locked thread