Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

FIRST QUESTION HEADSHOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Over-under on trump mentioning rape in response to MA rating?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Aaaand he's totally off topic

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm sitting with a bunch of Canadians (in laws) and an enormous BULLSHIT rang out. You get good freggin care in Canada.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

EXTREME VETTING

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

NOW KISS.

KISS.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

NewForumSoftware posted:

Yeah and I get that. Despite being a progressive and not agreeing with everything Obama has done, I feel way better about him being president than Hillary. Watching the debates just makes me wish literally anyone else had run.

I think America desperately needs a politician who will use populism to achieve a progressive goal. Bernie was that and I was pretty pumped, but despite how horrible Trump is I can just not even get enthused for Hillary in the "better than him" sense. Honestly it feels like a gigantic conspiracy in the sense that Hillary seems to be going up against the only GOP nominee she could have possibly beaten (ok, she probably would have obliterated Ted Cruz too)

(I know it isn't, it just feels that way because one of the two major American parties is imploding during election season)

I'm happy if you are a white guy or gal in a semi-stable job in a normal part of the country and can afford to not vote this election. I'm living in an area where militias are preparing to mobilize on Washington and family-oriented Christian Conservative voters are openly, brazenly, without-a-hint-of-shame baying for colored blood and fantasizing about race riots they will finally get to try out their automatic rifles against.

I am not exaggerating. This is real, and you are sheltered from it.

I'm still out there pushing Bernie's progressive platform and his endorsed down-ticket federal and state congressional candidates. We have a loving huge win in the form of the most progressive platform in loving history, and for some reason this year people are amped to get behind it.

We need to fight for 2016, 2018, and 2020. It took Bernie three election cycles to purge Burlington before wholesale victory could be declared, and we can't give up before the first election cycle on the national front now. You gonna give up on everything that energized you about Bernie so fast without a fight? You'll never see change that way.

I grew up in Vermont. Bernie came to my middle and high school regularly. My Boy Scout troop had dinner with him and Jane once a year most years. He is ye real loving deal, and his endorsement of HRC on the heels of the clearly rigged primaries and willingness -- eagerness -- to campaign for her should be speaking to the existential threat DJT represents. Most people I speak with are surprised to hear that Hitler was also considered a bumbling, irreverent, know-nothing outsider. My German extended in-laws family email me frequently with the lessons they learned in elementary school that speak to :godwin: the same way it speaks to Trump's movement.

You. Must. Vote. For HRC. Neofascism is on the rise in the states, and to the horror of intelligent and educated persons abroad, Europe is electing / has elected modern demi-Nazis this very quarter. A vote for HRC has Bernie's uncompromising endorsement and advances support for sane populism in America - and a vote for Trump kills it in the cradle. Make absolutely no mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Can we get back to defeating Actual Literal Hitler and his army of 2nd Amendment Racists?

• Locked thread