Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
As a non-american I just read a few "who won the debate" news publications and I was amazed to see that fox news and other right wing news outlets are actually still claiming that he won by a lot. I thought they'd at least be slightly cautious and go for a "slim victory" or whatever since to me his run was abyssimal. You guys are so hosed up and it really is baffling that Trump is still relatively close to a potential victory.

It's simply insane how rigid are party lines are. It feels like you could litteraly have a pig with a red ribbon run for president and he would get at least 40% of the votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

boner confessor posted:

trump is not close to an electoral victory. the popular vote doesn't really matter if you look at it nationwide, you have to look at it state by state in the context of the electoral college and trump's chances are practically nonexistent by now. you have a better chance of being hit by lightning than trump does of winning the presidency

What I meant is that he still has a massive amount of voters behind him. It's not like 15% of people think he's a good candidate, from what I understand you have at least 40% of the voting people that will check the box next to his name. that may be "far from electoral victory" but that still means that a huge %age of your population, not just a fringe, is actually endorsing him and what he says.

The fact that he hasn't lost at least 50% of the people who would generally vote for the GOP is absolutely insane.

Also, the fact that voter turnout with people who don't like him not being thrilled with Hillary could potentially cause quite a surprise

• Locked thread