Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Noted bad healthcare land "Canada"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mantis42 posted:

Goddamnit this actually is that stupid South Park episiode that just aired. He's trying to give it to her and she keeps saying the canned poo poo. loving christ

For example?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Chomskyan posted:

Overall nothing ground breaking at this debate. Trump looked like he was going to get absolutely railed over his tape at the beginning, but it didn't really go anywhere. Clinton has awful foreign policy so her weaknesses were really drawn out tonight. Her answer on the Goldman Sachs transcripts was terrible as well. I suppose she still "wins" just by virtue of not being a full blown fascist like Trump but I'm not confident that the US public will see it like that, especially after it's run through the US media spin machine.

Which part of her foreign policy answers did you disagree with and why?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

zxqv8 posted:

No, not at all. Clinton is clearly the less bad choice, low as that bar is. It doesn't make any of this any more palatable, mind.

What has she done to make you view her so negatively?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

zxqv8 posted:

I just want to stress that I don't want Trump to win and wouldn't really be happy with the outcome, just not absolutely crushed.

This is because I really think that if he did win, very little of the campaign bluster would survive actually doing the job and he'd probably slink through another unremarkable four years of the status-quo while the rest of the government does the real work.

His ideal supreme court justice is Scalia, do you really want more of him on the bench?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

zxqv8 posted:

Did you read the first sentence of the post you quoted?

No, I don't want more of him on the bench because I don't want Trump or the republicans to win.

Putting more Scalia's on the bench is not an unremarkable 4 years, it would have a very long term lasting impact on minority rights in this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Call Me Charlie posted:

You're honestly delusional. The party that just primaried out Alan Grayson for Patrick Murphy and chose Hillary Clinton to be the third term of Obama hasn't shifted left. There's no chance of single-payer. Remember that Obama pulled public option off the table in July 2009 for $155 billion in payment reductions over ten years from hospitals and lied about it for months afterwards.

Third way democrats will never ever pass universal health care. Doesn't matter how many of them are in office. Their corporate owners won't allow it.

The platform is far more left then it ever has been before, sorry it's not FULL COMMUNISM NOW but we are making remarkable progress in the right direction.

• Locked thread