Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Kilroy posted:

The Democratic party of 2008 was considerably more centrist than now, to the point that the center of gravity of the party has probably shifted left of the sitting President, whereas the party was to the right of Obama when he was elected.

The Blue Dogs got their asses handed to them in 2010. They are no longer a going concern. No one remembers who Joe Lieberman is except for like a dozen or so people including myself who are under the effects of a curse.

If the Democrats control the government after this election (i.e. if they take the House) we'll get single-payer - count on it.

You're honestly delusional. The party that just primaried out Alan Grayson for Patrick Murphy and chose Hillary Clinton to be the third term of Obama hasn't shifted left. There's no chance of single-payer. Remember that Obama pulled public option off the table in July 2009 for $155 billion in payment reductions over ten years from hospitals and lied about it for months afterwards.

Third way democrats will never ever pass universal health care. Doesn't matter how many of them are in office. Their corporate owners won't allow it.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Pakled posted:

Alan Grayson got primaried out because he beat his wife, not because he was too liberal.

Keep telling yourself that.

• Locked thread