Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Rejdukien posted:

Does the faction/origin I chose at the beginning matter? If so, I'll probably have to reset.

You have to be a pirate to be our friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
In Discord as Xerri, in game as Tulenian. Any chance of getting added?

Sprocket
Apr 1, 2005

woof
In Discord as Kanix and also ingame, currently on the HWS EU server though. Managed to get established in deep space off the starter planet already so im gonna mess around here for a week or so and then jump over to NA to join you guys when I get bored.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Clicked the button.

Enjoy EU while you can, it's the far less spergy server by a very wide margin.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 2, 2017

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Hey goons.

You could make people rage this hard if you come play empyrion with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR89UPm2_SU&t=14952s

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

xanif posted:

Hey goons.

This is the greatest thing I have ever seen in this game.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Btw the day after this happened they started paying us protection money.

We're the mob but we're in space.

Space mob.

Come be space mob with us.

Themistocles
Nov 7, 2003

Fighting for democracy since 483 BC

xanif posted:

Hey goons.

That brings a tear to my eye.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

ho le poo poo getting back into this pronto

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Joint op at 7:50 EST Friday.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

xanif posted:

Hey goons.

:staredog:

Why didn't he just stop moving and load the pentaxid himself. why.

Why didn't he just burn straight off like a normal person, instead started strafing. why.

So mad. That is so worth it if you watch to the end.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler

goninzo posted:

:staredog:

Why didn't he just stop moving and load the pentaxid himself. why.

Why didn't he just burn straight off like a normal person, instead started strafing. why.

So mad. That is so worth it if you watch to the end.

You want to hear something hilarious?

You don't have to stop anymore to fill tanks/interact with boxes. That was a bug they fixed. Once he had opened the distance to 1.1km he could have continued to coast away from me, loaded his pent, and jumped out. The whole video was so much wut.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

xanif posted:

You want to hear something hilarious?

You don't have to stop anymore to fill tanks/interact with boxes. That was a bug they fixed. Once he had opened the distance to 1.1km he could have continued to coast away from me, loaded his pent, and jumped out. The whole video was so much wut.

Really, super easy, burn straight off, turn off front engines, not like you can catch him once he's full speed. And then consider how much pent is available and where he could run to, like a planet.

BTW, really get them to consider stopping people jumping.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
If someone makes a video of all your tears you have gathered, I will put it up on the front page.

If it's under a minute or two, that would make sure people actually watch it.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
The rage video should be in the OP.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

goninzo posted:

If someone makes a video of all your tears you have gathered, I will put it up on the front page.

If it's under a minute or two, that would make sure people actually watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIPShB9Br6s

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

Hey goons, I haven't had much time to play Empyrion but I'm slowly building up my base and going to try building an SV sometime soon.
Just for starters, should I try some of the blueprints from Steam workshop?

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Nothing, it's literally all crap and will get cored in like two seconds by a properly designed ship. You should really join us, theres literally no downside, we have a ton of extra resources and pretty much zero requirements. Plus the fleet is a thing of beauty to seen in person.

Sorry, didn't see you were just starting out. Yeah, grab anything iron cheap off the workshop, it should work fine to learn with. Just make sure you're high enough level to build it!

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

dylguy90 posted:

Nothing, it's literally all crap and will get cored in like two seconds by a properly designed ship. You should really join us, theres literally no downside, we have a ton of extra resources and pretty much zero requirements. Plus the fleet is a thing of beauty to seen in person.

Sorry, didn't see you were just starting out. Yeah, grab anything iron cheap off the workshop, it should work fine to learn with. Just make sure you're high enough level to build it!

I managed to build my own little boxy looking SV and flew around for a while. How do I land the damned thing? W makes me thrust forward but when I hit S it doesn't seem to lower the thrust and not sure if C is down or what?
The F1 tutorial tells me how to build stuff but not so much how to pilot things or whatnot.

edit: I think I got it figured out. I didn't have enough thrusters pointing in all directions.

Psiwyrm fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 8, 2017

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
What's the policy on non-goon buds rolling in? Got a small group going on, and we'd like to stop mining and start pirating.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Please join Discord and we can discuss a merge.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Sorry for the delay, but yeah I'll be on the discord as Commiekin a bit later this week.

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

Is there a way to mine with the HV without the damned thing flipping upside down every 5 seconds?
It seems like the fastest way to mine but most of the ores are underground and when I try to tunnel I seem to always get stuck.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Psiwyrm posted:

Is there a way to mine with the HV without the damned thing flipping upside down every 5 seconds?
It seems like the fastest way to mine but most of the ores are underground and when I try to tunnel I seem to always get stuck.

Use the tiny HV from the workshop called "Ladybug" if you actually want to dig.

On HWS we use combat HVs with front drills as the deposits are long gone and we need not worry about digging when mining meteorites.

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

Use the tiny HV from the workshop called "Ladybug" if you actually want to dig.

On HWS we use combat HVs with front drills as the deposits are long gone and we need not worry about digging when mining meteorites.

I'm guessing your combat HVs also have the harvester to cut down forests if there's too much in the way too?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Psiwyrm posted:

I'm guessing your combat HVs also have the harvester to cut down forests if there's too much in the way too?
Nope cause Sathium or gold is all we mine and on HWS none of that drops on systems with trees for now.

I feel like HV mining will be obsolte at end of the month with 5.1 release bringing us CV mining.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
Which start am I supposed to pick to make this poo poo easier? The OP stuff is gone and it's just Pirate, Trader, Freelancer, Hunter, or Guardian.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pirate.

5.1 is up on experimental. Lots of good changes:
http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-5-1.9037/

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

Looking at the picture of the CV with the mining laser, I can see how this would be the future of mining.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

I see a lot of new faces who aren't in the discord

:getin: we'll provide all your answers to everything

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

Just built my first CV from scratch (no templates, just kinda winged it) in solo mode and going to rip poo poo up for a while.
On the weekends I go to my friend's house and there I can use the internets to play with fellow goons online but on the weekdays it'll just be single player.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Urthor posted:

I see a lot of new faces who aren't in the discord

:getin: we'll provide all your answers to everything

Yup we've been taking it easy this past week but I suspect 5.1 will give us lots of mining CVs to kill and fresh tears to harvest.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Private Server patched up to 5.1

= Version: Alpha 5.1.0 0804
= Port: 30000
= Mode: Survival
= Name: HomeDef2
= Seed: 3133712

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
In discord as Ahdinko

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Hey goons.

Want to go fly pvp spaceships vs other pvp spaceships with 0 risk?

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/5-1-pvp-combat-testing-saturday-8pm-est/3692?u=xanif

Saturday 8pm. Be there.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So I got this way back and was really impressed with it. It seems like Space Engineers is sucking up most of people's attention though, despite this game having much more to do in the way of actual content outside of building spaceships. Some questions though:

Is there PVE spaceship content yet?

Also, how's the activity level for goons on MP?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Archonex posted:

Is there PVE spaceship content yet?

Also, how's the activity level for goons on MP?

1. Yes. I personally think that PvE is garbage as soon as you have even an SV as it becomes rather trivial.

2. It fluctuates. We have ~6 masochists regulars during US prime time and a steady trickle of new joiners - most of whom quit after a week.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

most of whom quit after a week.

Few more of that. Group's decided they're just kinda done, so ixnay on rolling into the discord on my part.

It's a pretty neat game though, at least. Even if my group's out for now I'll probably end up checking back in on it later. The CV miner stuff looks real promising and I hope it smooths over some of the resource gathering issues.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 13, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

TGLT posted:

The CV miner stuff looks real promising and I hope it smooths over some of the resource gathering issues.

If this is why you guys quit - uh - we don't have ANY resource gathering to do.

Seriously. We're very much post scarcity and one of the richest factions on the server. People may come and go but their autominers stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

If this is why you guys quit - uh - we don't have ANY resource gathering to do.

We figured as much, so nah that's just more something I noticed while playing. Even without a fleet of autominers, it's a lot better about resource gathering than a lot of other survival games like ARK. CV miners looks like it'll make this game even better about that.

• Locked thread