Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
If you spawn on the test server, spawn as undead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

If this is why you guys quit - uh - we don't have ANY resource gathering to do.

Seriously. We're very much post scarcity and one of the richest factions on the server. People may come and go but their autominers stay.

I'd love to poo poo it up with you guys if only I had access to steady internet without tethering. However; I will be able to join on the weekends as I'll have internets then.

Themistocles
Nov 7, 2003

Fighting for democracy since 483 BC
5.1 claims to have fixed damage going through blocks...I am guessing lagshots are still going to be an issue?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Themistocles posted:

5.1 claims to have fixed damage going through blocks...I am guessing lagshots are still going to be an issue?

Yeah - Zizi is going to fix it though.

Themistocles
Nov 7, 2003

Fighting for democracy since 483 BC
Oh man, and they're imposing more limits on ship size/designs? Looking forward to ammo-ing up again...ugh.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I've been playing single player for a while and I think I'm ready to play with goons. Are the instructions for joining in the OP still valid?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Yeah join Discord and we can sort you out - with that said many are playing other games till 5.1 hits and brings us CV miners to kill.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
= Version: Alpha 5.1.0 0808
= Port: 30000
= Mode: Survival
= Name: HomeDef2
= Seed: 3133712

Once again, if you need oppd on our test server, hit me up on discord.

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

Themistocles posted:

Oh man, and they're imposing more limits on ship size/designs? Looking forward to ammo-ing up again...ugh.

What kind of limits? Will this hinder my massive Borg Cube design?

goninzo posted:

= Version: Alpha 5.1.0 0808

Once again, if you need oppd on our test server, hit me up on discord.

My client is 5.0.4. How do I play on your 5.1 server?

Psiwyrm fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 17, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

In steam, select properties for the game, and op into the experimental branch.

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

In steam, select properties for the game, and op into the experimental branch.

Will this break my anything? (save files in particular).

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Psiwyrm posted:

Will this break my anything? (save files in particular).

Not if you don't load them - and I wouldn't.

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

Are there asteroids other than Sathium around Akua?
Otherwise, where else do I go with my dong shaped CV?

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
= Version: Alpha 5.1.0 0811
=

They are closing on a huge update with 5.1.0. Should be due out tomorrow.

hypnopilot
Jan 6, 2013
You guys still active? I've been on the HWS server for a few days now trying to get a group together to take on pluto that's owned by a "pirate alliance", but most of everyone i find are carebears or play for 5 minutes and log.

So i need a new fam that actually wants to go out and PVP. I'm on discord as Pratt.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Need the number too, mate.

I've haven't been playing for two weeks but my group talked about picking up again over the weekend. We're using the map goons discord but you can contact me as Demiurge#3145. We were 3 last time and we managed to get a decent Base ship up in a few days.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I have been waiting for the next big update really, Which should add some incentive for the pubbies to stop cowering on their planets

hypnopilot
Jan 6, 2013
Discord name is Pratt#0233

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

We're still active. Down to maybe 5-6 people.

Hop on Discord and ask for an auth and we can get you in faction tonight.

There is really no reason not to join us, as even with our low numbers our resource production is absurd.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Stevefin posted:

I have been waiting for the next big update really, Which should add some incentive for the pubbies to stop cowering on their planets

5.1 is live - but last night was a wash as it seems to have introduced an issue with warping where it was taking several tries to change playfields but consumed pentax every single time. Wasn't an issue for us but the pubbies stayed home.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
I wouldn't call it a complete wash.

Watching that UMC guy try and fail to jump away was really funny.

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

Now that 5.1 is out and the hotfixes are gonna come about, I will be able to join ya'll in plenty of space shenanigans over the weekend.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Do I have to make a new game to use the new tech, see ore in space and get updated loot tables?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

jerichojx posted:

Do I have to make a new game to use the new tech, see ore in space and get updated loot tables?

Ore in space besides sathium is part of the playfield - so it would need to be regenerated. In other words - new game.

Psiwyrm
Nov 1, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

Ore in space besides sathium is part of the playfield - so it would need to be regenerated. In other words - new game.

No wonder I'm not seeing anything other than Sathium...
Any possible way to port over all my nice things to a new game?
e: At the very least I'd like to save my ingots so I don't have to start completely from scratch

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I restarted on Omnicron and saw only Sathium and Neodynimium. Should I travel to Akua for hot space mining action?

Can anyone recommend some good ships for sieging POIs?

jerichojx fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 24, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

jerichojx posted:

I restarted on Omnicron and saw only Sathium and Neodynimium. Should I travel to Akua for hot space mining action?

Can anyone recommend some good ships for sieging POIs?

Well if you want to bullshit it - build an HV that is a giant tower with 1 arty turret up top and the core in the very bottom. Hold down O as you drive it up to the POI so that the core is covered by terrain, any tiny hill will do.

Laugh as the arty kills everyhthing without being shot back.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

FileNotFound posted:

Well if you want to bullshit it - build an HV that is a giant tower with 1 arty turret up top and the core in the very bottom. Hold down O as you drive it up to the POI so that the core is covered by terrain, any tiny hill will do.

Laugh as the arty kills everyhthing without being shot back.

I need to see this in the shape of a giant purple dong, at some point.

Vyacheslav
Aug 4, 2003
Hey, I have sort of an odd question: I play empyrion with a group of 4 or 5 friends, several of whom are goons. They've finally come to the conclusion that this game is pointless without pvp, and we're in the process of getting started on HWS. Can we join up, despite having a few non-goons among us?

Vyacheslav fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 31, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Vyacheslav posted:

Hey, I have sort of an odd question: I play empyrion with a group of 4 or 5 friends, several of whom are goons. They've finally come to the conclusion that this game is pointless without pvp, and we're in the process of getting started on HWS. Can we join up, despite having a few non-goons among us?

Yes.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Join the Discord server in the OP. Most of the communication happens via that. Friends of goons are friends.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
Are people still playing this at all? Given that the default channel in the discord is no-talky-land, should I be messaging someone on the server if I see a LBP online?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Fayk posted:

Are people still playing this at all? Given that the default channel in the discord is no-talky-land, should I be messaging someone on the server if I see a LBP online?

We are dead.

At least until PvP lag and lagshots are fixed - maybe in 7.0 - so maybe by the summer.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
My Empyrion is broken. My dudes hands are shaking like Michael J Fox and the medic unit won't heal me. Anyone know how to fix this?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I'm probably gonna try and hop onto the homeworld server in 2 or 3 hours. Is anybody active on there to get me into the faction or is it totally dead?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Actually I kinda need some plex as I am stranded but I will give some details later on the discord

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Literally Kermit posted:

Actually I kinda need some plex as I am stranded but I will give some details later on the discord

I won't be able to get onto the game or discord for another 5 hours or so, but I just started establishing myself on the freelancer start planet. If you've managed to sort out your fuel problems I'd appreciate a lift. If not it's fine, gonna work on getting a warp capable CV so I can head to goon base.

Speaking of which, sent a request to join the faction. Steam name is Febel. I'd appreciate being allowed to join so I don't get my poo poo wrecked by goon faction turrets once I make my way there.

FileNotFound posted:

You have to be a pirate to be our friend.

Ah poo poo, if you're serious then I'm very glad I only put about 45 minutes into getting started.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 5, 2017

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

I know the main group is dead, but am I reading right that a few people are still playing? Got any room? I was in too much of an Empyrion/similar game mood to wait for the next big release, so I puttered arounda bunch this weekend, basically spent as much time as I can stomach in the starter system, but wanna join a faction or something rather than be solo once I'm in PVP areas. For better or worse.

Also I think the factions now allow people from multiple origins on the server but I dunno.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Fayk posted:

I know the main group is dead, but am I reading right that a few people are still playing? Got any room? I was in too much of an Empyrion/similar game mood to wait for the next big release, so I puttered arounda bunch this weekend, basically spent as much time as I can stomach in the starter system, but wanna join a faction or something rather than be solo once I'm in PVP areas. For better or worse.

Also I think the factions now allow people from multiple origins on the server but I dunno.
Sent you a message regarding the first part. On the second part i'm not certain, since I've only been on the server a few days, but I'm pretty sure the main 3 are locked into their respective origins when it comes to joining, but freelancers are able to join any faction. I originally started as a freelancer and was able to request to join any, regardless of origin, until I saw a post on here that said you had to be pirate to join LBP. Reset my character to pirate and now I'm locked into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Sent you a message regarding the first part. On the second part i'm not certain, since I've only been on the server a few days, but I'm pretty sure the main 3 are locked into their respective origins when it comes to joining, but freelancers are able to join any faction. I originally started as a freelancer and was able to request to join any, regardless of origin, until I saw a post on here that said you had to be pirate to join LBP. Reset my character to pirate and now I'm locked into them.

Haha, Febel? I think I saw you say you were leaving pirate starter last night. I moved my stuff into orbit last night but haven't warped out of the system. Aside: Man yeah I didn't expect a 'cheap' starter CV from the workshop to be good but drat if I didn't pick a dumb one.

I feel like an idiot saying this but I have no idea where you sent me a message? (Steam/Discord/Here/what). I didn't have a PMs on SA, but I didn't have a platinum account.

edit: in any case, I'm at work so won't be in-game until this evening at least.

Fayk fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 7, 2017

• Locked thread