Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I just can't support their games anymore. Their titles have so many pivots (including AI War) in their development that they've gotten to the point that what they announce and what they offer are two completely different things. A Valley Without Wind was originally an Actraiser/Simcity game that got rid of the Simcity aspect and turned into a huge mess trying to figure out what it wanted to be. It still didn't know what it wanted to be and they made a sequel based off the mess that wasn't any better. It was one of the most flimsiest platformers I played and didn't even deserve to be in the bargain bin area of a store. The Last Federation had a bunch of weird crap too that started to surface after playing it for a few hours.

I praise the lead designer for trying new game mechanics and mashing two genres together but he can't make them work or fit together coherently. Its feeling like AI War was a one-hit wonder. I can't tell if its because he is listening to his fan base for ideas or he not learning from his mistakes.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread