Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
In Pandemic Legacy I ditched the usual ball point pens, went to fine tipped sharpie marker & never looked back.

E: "sharpie ultra fine point" to be specific

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Sheesh my condolences. I think the kind of good design present in Pandemic Legacy is conspicuous by its absence and it sounds like that definitely happened.

I'd be willing to play through it out of curiosity, but maybe that's because I like playing games multiple times to try different things but most people I play with learn and play a game just in time to pack it up and move on forever, so I'm primed for compensating in the other direction or something.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That's a pity. Sounds like it lacked focus.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
One thing that sounds concerning is that for an economic game there should be no (or at least a minimum of) added rules that have an unclear implementation and scope.

I mean, I haven't seen for myself but this thread wouldn't be the first place I read people saying "when new rule X says I now get Z for Y does that mean to resolve it like A, B or C? And does that include Q?" Has anyone else run into that kind of stuff or is it not really a problem?

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Just pile them up in the back beside the stacks of urinal pucks with Bin Laden's face on them I guess :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
A lesson I'm getting from reading people's takes is that excitement over opening boxes & getting changes (or anticipating opening new boxes) isn't enough to carry a game long term.

• Locked thread