Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
So after playing the intro with my group. It took u's 1.5 hours. gently caress this game, the intro bored us to tears and left is feeling like we got nothing done. Moreover, it cause tons of arguments in our otherwise rarely arguing group over rules. The loving rulebook contradicts itself within 1 page constantly.

Also, they really could have spent the 0.5 cents to print out useful player summaries too. We had to constantly pause to look up rules. I mean, we are a group that regularly plays 4/5 complexity games on boardgamegeek and this game was confusing.

Also, potential balance problems are apparent right from the intro game. Some players get propelled into ever increasing victory while other's are doomed in the first roll. Moreover, it seems like winning just propels one even farther into victory land. Also, I don't see any reason to explore when I can just spam trade between the island 2 tiles from my base. Especially now that the Isle is full up on trade goods.

I give it 1/5 to start. Looking forward to 15 weeks of this bullshit.

twig1919 fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Deathlove posted:

Frankly I'm surprised at the person that hated it but is still committing to do the entire thing, like, no game is worth the time/effort if you don't like it! Walk away!

Unfortunately, the way it works with my group is that we usually put up with games even if we don't like then. We all have slightly different preferences and there is no reason to get bent over not liking a game because sometimes you'll want to play a game that other people won't like. It's not going to be problem however because after the first actual game the apparent lack of balance means my group is going to quit within 2-3 weeks. I'm going to be updating my thread with the game by game, but holy gently caress is this game not even remotely balanced. 2.5 hour game that was determimed in turn 1 when the first two players completed milestones before anyone else even got a turn and were so far ahead that the game was over.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
So 5-6 games in my group has rage quit. I am at least 30 points ahead of second place. I decided that gently caress this game, I'm exploring is my strategy. Then I lucked into some free upgrades to research and exploring. I broke the game over my knee because the other players were trying to build colonies. Anytime they were close, I would go explore a far away island and end the game on points. When we finally advanced the plot I unlocked the two plot options to automatically win the game beforr the first winter. When the kraken island revealed that I would be affected literally 0 by it, while everyone else got tons of enmity. They rage quit. gently caress this piece of poo poo. Iy got the ending it deserved.

• Locked thread