Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

You Can Have Any Brew You Want As Long As Its A Corona.
-Fast and Furious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

your whole life was a waste

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I just checked two youtube vids of Tokyo Drift and it seems legit. Twink never interacts meaningfully with other characters. For example, when Sean first goes to the night club with Han, Twink just kind of appears there to comfort him and explain to him how Sean could possibly be surrounded by so many beautiful woman. It's as if Twink appears to ease Sean's anxiety about being thrust into such a crazy situation.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Didn't he specifically say that his dad was a marine, and he was selling American poo poo from the PX?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I've never seen this movie but you utterly sold me on your theory. Good job btw because I came in here way too cool to give your arguments a fair shake, but you were drat convincing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
5d OP.

Makes me want to go public with my theory about Bruce Willis's character in 6th Sense, a film I've never seen the end of, but I bet he's actually a future version of Haley Joel Osmond's character who's been sent back in time and lost his memory.

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe

Roylicious posted:

How do we really know OP exists?

Do you have a soul? You don't have a mind. That question has always fascinated me. Do mindless people have souls?

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Bismuth posted:

I just watched this film for the first time and it was clear to me about halfway through that Twinkie doesn’t actually exist.

My first clue is how out of place he is: an inner-city style thuggish stereotype who hustles goods, wears braids/dew rags, and American sports attire, attending a Tokyo highschool. It immediately raised a lot of questions; how did he get there? Why is he like this? Who are his parents? Where is all his money coming from?? How long has he been in Japan? He obviously wasn’t an exchange student, he’s far too well established among the racing crowd and as a mechanic to have only been there for a few months. And he couldn’t have gotten there on his own, he’s a minor. The rest of the movie I waited for some back story or explanation of who Twink was, after all it came for all the other characters (including Neela who was an even less important character) so why not him?

Hey OP not to take the wind out of your sales but I'm pretty sure Bow-wow's character mentioned being an army brat. His dad is stationed in Japan along with the main character's

but I havent seen this movie in 8 years or whenever it first came out

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You've sold me on this OP, do you have any other Fast and Furious theories to share?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bookmarked and 5'ed

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

OP do you have any theories about the fact that paul walker in F&F7 appears to have three different faces at different parts of the film? what's that all about?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

The main bad guys chump underling beats up Twink on the school roof for selling him broken poo poo though.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

DO IT TO IT posted:

The main bad guys chump underling beats up Twink on the school roof for selling him broken poo poo though.

That is a fantasy developed by the main character as he gives up his ipod. Instead of admitting he is a pushover he dreams of being a hero who intervenes with a fight to become the moral superior by giving his ipod away. In reality he was knocked down like a weak gaijin.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

SPACE HOMOS posted:

That is a fantasy developed by the main character as he gives up his ipod.

That reminds me. What the gently caress was the point of that dude spitting into his fist in that scene? It looked like some sort of gangster aggression, but all he accomplished was getting his fist full of slimy spit. YOU SURE SHOWED THAT GAIJIN, HOMEBOY

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

That reminds me. What the gently caress was the point of that dude spitting into his fist in that scene? It looked like some sort of gangster aggression, but all he accomplished was getting his fist full of slimy spit. YOU SURE SHOWED THAT GAIJIN, HOMEBOY

That always cracks me up every time I see it. Dude basically just spits all over his own face

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

je1 healthcare posted:

Hey OP not to take the wind out of your sales but I'm pretty sure Bow-wow's character mentioned being an army brat. His dad is stationed in Japan along with the main character's

but I havent seen this movie in 8 years or whenever it first came out

the sexual Shiite posted:

Didn't he specifically say that his dad was a marine, and he was selling American poo poo from the PX?

I dont remember this part, but since it was said to Sean specifically its probably a reflection of Sean's father also being military and him imprinting something familiar on his fantasy-BFF

SPACE HOMOS posted:

That is a fantasy developed by the main character as he gives up his ipod. Instead of admitting he is a pushover he dreams of being a hero who intervenes with a fight to become the moral superior by giving his ipod away. In reality he was knocked down like a weak gaijin.

Exactly!

Seriously this theory is way more air-tight than Fight Club

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The Fast and the Furious series also seems to avoid portraying the rampant hit-and-run fatalities that are prevalent in actual street racing.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Can we do a physics analysis of the cars jumping between skyscrapers from Furious 7 please?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
this is a really good thread, going to start judging all future nonsense threads against this one. thanks op

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

bookmarked and 5'ed

Agreed. Best product GBS has put on the internet in 6 years.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Nate Falls posted:

I worked on the set of Tokyo Drift and I assure you that you have just put more thought into that film than any of the writers.

you could same thing about everyone in cined trying to suck supermechagodzilla's dick while navel gazing that superhero movie #874 is actually about hegelian dialectics and the struggle of the proletariat when you look at it from another angle

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

a retard posted:

you could same thing about everyone in cined trying to suck supermechagodzilla's dick while navel gazing that superhero movie #874 is actually about hegelian dialectics and the struggle of the proletariat when you look at it from another angle

thanks, "a retard", for explaining the joke. I didn't understand it before, and this elucidated the point on a new level.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

a retard posted:

That's better and more fun than assuming a shallow movie really is shallow.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ranma Fan Art posted:

drat that's some deep thought put into the fast and the furious Tokyo drift

Agreed

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Pawn 17 posted:

Can we do a physics analysis of the cars jumping between skyscrapers from Furious 7 please?

2nded

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Chill la Chill posted:

That's better and more fun than assuming a shallow movie really is shallow.

This is mostly why I came up with this theory, it was a defense mechanism to survive watching Tokyo Drift

3rded

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Sure guys, just let me plug it into my physics analyser.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Sure guys, just let me plug it into my physics analyser.

You getting butt hosed isn't gonna help us

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

The Bananana posted:

You getting butt hosed isn't gonna help us

Maybe it does. I'll let you know once I test my hypothesis.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I was unsure about new GBS until this thread was stickied, thanks OP and mods

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Has anyone updated the wiki yet?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

twinkie aint in any of those pictures

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

That's the point.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bismuth posted:

Has anyone updated the wiki yet?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I've discovered information that debunks the idea that Twinkie is a military brat:

US military and their families stationed in Japan have the letter Y on their license plates, you can clearly see here:

the Hulk car does NOT have the Y. The reason: Sean doesnt know about this yet, and so it cant be part of his fantasy.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Early 2000s era Lil Bow wow a "thuggish stereotype"?

Are you from montana or something OP? Nigga had a bugs bunny pool table.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Early 2000s era Lil Bow wow a "thuggish stereotype"?

Are you from montana or something OP? Nigga had a bugs bunny pool table.

Not bow wow, hes a puppy, but thats obviously how the character was written/directed/designed

americong
May 29, 2013

I want a sequel to tokyo drift that's just 90 minutes of really excellent stunt driving + 30 minutes of sung kang staring into the camera

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Pawn 17 posted:

k mate

The car used in this scene was the Lykan Hypersport, which is capable of 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds. I'll assume that it hit 60 by the time it blew through the side of the building. It is 176.4 inches long by 76.5 inches wide for a total underbelly surface area of approximately 1,124.55 square feet. Judging from a rough estimate on Google Maps, the distance between the Etihad Towers (the location used in the movie) is approx. 50 feet. The towers are almost 1,000 feet tall so I'll use that altitude for determining air resistance using ICAO standard atmosphere tables.

When calculating lift for aircraft, you use the formula L = (1/2) d v2 s CL. L is for the total lift obviously, d is for air density (in this case at 1,000 feet), v2 is for velocity in FPS squared (60mph is 88 feet per second), s is for wing surface (so the 1,124.55 sq ft underbelly surface area from before) and CL is a wonky value that basically means what angle you're at as you move through the air. I'll assume that angle is zero degrees for the sake of simplicity and because Dom just drove off a flat floor. Zero degrees makes for a CL value of .18 or so.

So,

L = (1/2) .002308 x 7,744 x 1,124.55 x .18

L equals 1,808.93. As a general rule of thumb to allow flight for more than a few feet, L must equal the aircraft's weight in pounds. The Hypersport weighs 3,042 lbs. Looks like Dom ends up as a smashed bug at the bottom of a 1,000 foot tower. :(

e: however, if Dom reached the maximum speed of the Hypersport at 245mph then L becomes 60,211 making a 50 foot jump potentially plausible! Hope he made a few laps around the top floor before he ploughed through the window!

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
S13 > S15

• Locked thread