Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I just recently learned that Ben has 117 career wins (tied Montana last week), Eli has 99, and Rivers has 93.

Ben has over a full season more wins than Eli with 21 less games played. Wtf

Two more wins and he moves ahead of Montana and Unitas to the number 7 spot behind Tarkenton. He'll need 8 more to overtake Fran, which isn't impossible this year, but more likely will happen next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers have legitimately good uniforms for color rush.

Also:

https://twitter.com/sdutKevinAcee/status/785552263708237824

I kinda wish the Chargers would go back to the old Air Coryell-era unis (the 1978-84 ones) or just wear the powder blues full time. They're both sick looking.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So Greg Hardy says he is putting his NFL career on hold to pursue a career in MMA.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

wandler20 posted:

So Greg Hardy says he is putting his NFL career on hold to pursue a career in MMA.

I want someone to gently caress him up so bad.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

That game is gonna be good. If Sherman is on the decline, I can't wait to see a running back completely destroy him in coverage.

We may finally get to see Jones, Campbell and Neal on the field at the same time :dong:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

When you don't put the NFC East in primetime.

This is what you get.

This is what you deserve.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Blarfk posted:

Two more wins and he moves ahead of Montana and Unitas to the number 7 spot behind Tarkenton. He'll need 8 more to overtake Fran, which isn't impossible this year, but more likely will happen next.

Moving ahead of a guy who played 14 game seasons doesn't seem like that big a deal

counting stats are dumb

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Cash Monet posted:

When you don't put Touchdown Tom in primetime.

This is what you get.

FTFY

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Moving ahead of a guy who played 14 game seasons doesn't seem like that big a deal

counting stats are dumb

I dunno, a lot of stats are kind dumb, but "most wins" is kind of a cut and dry cool thing to be in the top tier of. Especially when you look at the other names who are there.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Cash Monet posted:

This is what you get.

I can't wait for AFC South clownball, actually. The Colts bring bad coaching and atrocious defense, the Texans bring the Brock Osweiler experience. Should be a comedy of errors.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

latinotwink1997 posted:

Can they flex games yet? Cowboys/Packers should actually be good, Colts/Texans is going to be a travesty of a game. Why would they even schedule that as prime time ever?

they can flex sunday games right now if it's urgent

they can't flex any other nights at all

with that in mind

https://twitter.com/AustinKarp/status/785861711395954688

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Free Lane Johnson

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Vertical Lime posted:

with that in mind

Both these teams are bad and Newton didn't play either, that shouldn't surprise anyone

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

TheChirurgeon posted:

counting stats are dumb

Counting stats are cool when it's a player on your favorite team.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Nodoze posted:

Both these teams are bad and Newton didn't play either, that shouldn't surprise anyone

Not to mention there was an amazing playoff baseball game occurring at the same time these two 1 win teams collided with replacement players!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Here's hoping that Rodgers gets Farve'd and the SS HundleyCunningham steamboats us to stardom and redemption.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cash Monet posted:

This is what you get.

Relax, we still get the cowboys at four.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Dear dolphins bros

I am sorry for what is going to happen

on what authority does a Broncos fan apologize on behalf of the Steelers? :confused:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I just recently learned that Ben has 117 career wins (tied Montana last week), Eli has 99, and Rivers has 93.

Ben has over a full season more wins than Eli with 21 less games played. Wtf

Yeah, and Rivers is only like 7 or 8 TDs behind Eli despite playing in two less seasons. Also about 80 fewer interceptions

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

with that in mind

I can't believe people weren't dying to see the showdown between two 1-3 teams with one true star in between them (who wasn't playing)

Maybe they'll tune in for the second round kicker

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

on what authority does a Broncos fan apologize on behalf of the Steelers? :confused:

I still think the Steelers lose in Miami. Just not ready to believe they win 2 games in a row in which they're favored. Doesn't happened very often, but it will be cool if it does

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Brockenstein posted:

I can't believe people weren't dying to see the showdown between two 1-3 teams with one true star in between them (who wasn't playing)

I mean kuechly is fun to watch.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Brockenstein posted:

I'd watch him miss kicks all night.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Maybe that's why the ratings were so low :haw:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Browns vs the Titans

That is all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean kuechly is fun to watch.

Yeah but how visible is he to the casual fan compared to the Cams, Lucks, Rodgers, and Bradys of the world?

Hell JJ is an extremely visible, highly publicized, multiple nationwide endorsement guy for a defensive player and he probably still doesn't get the casual audience to tune in

Metapod posted:

The Browns vs the Titans

That is all

The Titans are going to win by 3 touchdowns

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blarfk posted:

More importantly if Brady wins out he'll pass Manning

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

wandler20 posted:

Makes sense. Obviously he's big and strong but he's also got really fluid hips, decent reach but quick enough footwork that he can get inside no problem. Reminds me a lot of War Machine.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Azhais posted:

More importantly if Brady wins out he'll pass Manning

He only needs five games for all time wins (including playoffs) to be #1.

Also that win percentage. :drat:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Magicpants posted:

Makes sense. Obviously he's big and strong but he's also got really fluid hips, decent reach but quick enough footwork that he can get inside no problem. Reminds me a lot of War Machine.

And he's already got the Domestic Violence thing down too :haw:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I still think the Steelers lose in Miami. Just not ready to believe they win 2 games in a row in which they're favored. Doesn't happened very often, but it will be cool if it does

- we are the worst in the NFL at running the all

- we are the worst in the NFL at stopping the run

- we don't currently have a healthy cornerback that would start on another NFL team

- Tannehill faces pressure on almost 50% of his dropbacks

- we have won one game and that's only because the Browns kicker was hurt otherwise we would have lost potentially by double digits

- we are scoring 17.6 points per game

- we have the third worst point differential in the NFL

You could go -4 on turnovers and win by double digits

I can't even describe how bad we are. We missed 17 tackles against the Titans. We are worse than the 2007 1-15 team.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the level of play is as bad as its ever been, the league is incredibly short on star power, everyone is injured, and there are fifty commercial breaks every game.

why are ratings down?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Miami killed Adam Gase, QB Whisperer

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We are also missing Misi, a pretty good lb... as well as Tunsil our good LG. Albert is average to above average at LT who is also hurt. Oh and pouncey who is a pretty decent guard.

Was Parker healthy at the end of the game? Usually when he catches a pass a part of his body explodes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

corn on the cop posted:

the level of play is as bad as its ever been, the league is incredibly short on star power, everyone is injured, and there are fifty commercial breaks every game.

why are ratings down?

Because it was impossible for them to keep going up

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

corn on the cop posted:

why are ratings down?

There's also a major election going on right now, ratings will probably bounce back up after November 9

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
who knew Ryan Tannyhills wouldn't be Peyton Manning

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol at the thread title

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bellator is going to sign Greg Hardy for a stupid publicity-stunt fight, he's going to get his rear end kicked, and it's going to be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Very similar situations. Well thought out.

I'm shocked Maxwell is no Talib.

Kiko has been drat decent though. But that trade has to crush Tannebaums credibility. We look terrible at 90% of the positions he directly had a hand in

- worst run game in the NFL after giving up on our 5.0 ypc Lamar Miller
- the converted LT playing RG sucks horribly after refusing to bring in actual quality guard help in Slausen
- the CB we swapped firsts with and pay 9 million a year for was benched by game 3 for a 2nd year converted WR who was picked in the 5th.
- Our stud LT rookie playing LG is improving but literally slips in the shower. Drug test incoming and deserved
- Our starting tight end who has serious concussion history is likely done for his career because of... concussions
- Our 2nd best receiving threat, a 2nd year receiver from round 1 with injury concerns, gets hurt every week he does anything...

Tannebaum couldn't have hosed this team up worse if he tried. McMagic was 500% right - he's poison

• Locked thread