Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TheChirurgeon posted:

Moving ahead of a guy who played 14 game seasons doesn't seem like that big a deal

counting stats are dumb

Except for one, which is the most important:

RINGZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

weird Asian candy posted:

Miami killed Adam Gase, QB Whisperer

QB Whisperer is the dumbest thing.

He was OC for Peyton Manning. Then he was the OC one year for Jay Cutler where the offense was 18th in the NFL. What a job.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's not like Lane Johnson smoked a weed or anything.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Cleveland, give Philly your Joe Thomas plz.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So what happens to Cleveland when they go 0-16?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If you had to guess Ken Bone's age, what would it be?

He's 34

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So what happens to Cleveland when they go 0-16?

They make the hobo GM.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

He's 34

Wow. That sweater makes all the difference.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

He's 34

No loving way.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's 34

Holy poo poo he's younger than me and looks 20 years older

He looks older than the 58 year old Ken Bone who coaches basketball at U of Montana

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's 34

Back in high school I worked at a Walgreens with a flamingly homosexual assistant manager who looked an awful lot like Ken Bone.

After working there for a few months I found out he was in his upper 20's and not the like 45 I had thought he was. Guess when you're eating for two, you're aging for two as well.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I wonder if Ken Bone works for Ameren.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol just saw Andrew Hawkins's little screw you to Rodge

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/785242565951967232

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

Miami killed Adam Gase, QB Whisperer

Gase is fed up with everyone and still defends ryan tannehill every week it owns

quote:

“I’ve got to look at the whole picture,” Gase said. “I’m calling the plays. I know what it’s supposed to look like and it’s not looking like that right now as far as what’s going on around him. And when we start cleaning some things up and we give him a chance to perform at the level that I think he’s going to perform — and if he doesn’t do it, that’s one thing, but I need to see to where we get a chance in protection, we’re right on a lot of the other things that we’re supposed to be doing.

” … Everyone wants to blame that position. It’s the easy one to do, because you can see completion/incompletion/interception. When you hit your back foot and you get sacked, no much you can do about it.”

lol @ anyone who thinks Gase has "failed" with Tannehill. It is impossible to even evaluate Tannehill because he's getting pressured at a record rate. It's absolutely incredible.

Then you look at PFF and they show that when Tannehill actually gets any time to throw the ball, he grades out just fine.

tldr: there isn't a QB in the entire NFL that could win in this situation

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ehud posted:

Gase is fed up with everyone and still defends ryan tannehill every week it owns

lol @ anyone who thinks Gase has "failed" with Tannehill. It is impossible to even evaluate Tannehill because he's getting pressured at a record rate. It's absolutely incredible.

Then you look at PFF and they show that when Tannehill actually gets any time to throw the ball, he grades out just fine.

Tom Brady

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I hope someone pelvic thrusts a football into the audience then gives everyone the finger.

Also, what happened at the Pats game with the guy getting ejected? Wasn't that his first infraction?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tom Brady would not be able to lead the Dolphins to a winning record.

I believe this 100%

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Only top 10 QBs can lead the Dolphins to an 8-8 season. This is known, and Brady is like 32nd in yards.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I believe Tannehill is probably suffering a "Sam Bradford" career at this point. If you squint at him when he actually plays he has a lot of things that look good, but has been mostly in shitass garbage poop situations.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I hope someone pelvic thrusts a football into the audience then gives everyone the finger.

Also, what happened at the Pats game with the guy getting ejected? Wasn't that his first infraction?

It was, but he cold punched a dude on the ground. That'll get you ejected straight up.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 11, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shangri-Law School posted:

Marvin Jones leads the league in receiving yards. :)

Marvin Jones owns and I have all the respect in the world for a dude who left a comfortable place offering similar money just because he wanted to prove how good he was without AJ soaking up double teams.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Have the Patriots ever had a bottom 10 graded Oline in the Brady era

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

Russell Wilson

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

I believe Tannehill is probably suffering a "Sam Bradford" career at this point. If you squint at him when he actually plays he has a lot of things that look good, but has been mostly in shitass garbage poop situations.

I'd say it's more of a David Carr moment.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Last year it was a complete trainwreck, and the Patriots have had a declining offensive line for like the last 4 years running, but compensated for that by Brady just throwing the ball faster and faster to mostly mitigate it unless they're facing the Broncos with a 4th string tackle against Von Miller.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ahem five layers of protection

Nov 6, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

I think last year was the worst I can remember in the Brady era, and even then they were one game short of the Super Bowl.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brockenstein posted:

Russell Wilson

he might be okay because he's got that Houdini quality, but the team would still have a losing record overall with zero chance to make the playoffs

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Last year it was a complete trainwreck, and the Patriots have had a declining offensive line for like the last 4 years running, but compensated for that by Brady just throwing the ball faster and faster to mostly mitigate it unless they're facing the Broncos with a 4th string tackle against Von Miller.

They really haven't had a respectable deep passing game since the days of Light and Mankins, and while some of that is Brady's shortcomings throwing it deep, I think the drop off in line play also bears responsibility. Yeah, they use to have Randy Moss, but Brady could also sit back in an adirondack and enjoy some sweet tea while he made up his mind who to throw to.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Bears fans, how is Sitton performing?

Lane Taylor has been doing surprisingly okay at LG so all the complaints have died out (mostly) on the Packers side of things.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kalli posted:

Guess when you're eating for two, you're aging for two as well.

On the other hand, I'm a big fatass and people always think I'm younger than I am. :shrug:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think last year was the worst I can remember in the Brady era, and even then they were one game short of the Super Bowl.

How many consecutive games was it where the starting oline was different from the previous game? Like seven or something?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick reads is up and of course Tom is #1 and.. wait, what the christ did you do Indianapolis?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-5-quick-reads

quote:

1. Brian Hoyer - Who let this guy in at the top of the list? In 29 career NFL starts, this is the first time Hoyer has finished atop the quarterback tables in Quick Reads, and just his sixth time in the top five. It was, however, his third good game in a row, on the heels of his fifth-place finish last week and his seventh-place ranking in Week 3. Over those three games, Hoyer has completed 71 percent of his passes for 7.9 yards per pass with six touchdowns, three sacks, no interceptions, and an NFL-leading 391 DYAR. This is not the first time Hoyer has gotten hot, though. Just last season, from Week 4 to Week 6, he finished fourth, second, and sixth among quarterbacks in Quick Reads. In that three-game stretch, Hoyer completed 67 percent of his passes for 8.6 yards per pass with seven touchdowns, two sacks, and one interception. The rest of that year, he completed 58 percent of his passes for 6.5 yards apiece with 12 touchdowns, 23 sacks, and two interceptions. He finished the year 20th in DYAR, and then produced one of the worst playoff games we've ever seen. In other words, do not let this hot streak fool you -- this is still Brian Hoyer. Most of Hoyer's success against the Colts came up the middle, where he went 5-of-6 for 73 yards, with every completion gaining at least 10 yards and a first down. His one incompletion to that direction came on third-and-16. That was not his only third-down failure of the day -- on all third and fourth downs, he went 4-of-10 for 43 yards and only two conversions. Fortunately for him and the Bears, he was ridiculous on first downs, going 18-of-20 for 257 yards and 11 first downs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/785896153976012800

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Quick reads is up and of course Tom is #1 and.. wait, what the christ did you do Indianapolis?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-5-quick-reads

On the other hand

e: :lol:

quote:

27. Brock Osweiler HOU
Osweiler did not pick up a first down until Houston was down 24-0, and that came on a DPI. He did not complete a pass for a first down until Houston was down 24-3 just before halftime. On third and fourth downs, he went 4-of-12 for 35 yards with two sacks, an interception, and just one conversion -- and that conversion came with Houston down 31-6 in the final six minutes of the game.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"Why do San Francisco hate police?"

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Trying to make a run for my top ten most just team list, eh? I can respect that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ringing endorsement from Chip Kelly.

https://twitter.com/BASportsGuy/status/785896109021421568

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

Trying to make a run for my top ten most just team list, eh? I can respect that.

Aw hell the bye means Tyreek didn't score a TD

nuts

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chaos reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe it's newsworthy that Blaine Gabbert's garbage rear end is getting benched

• Locked thread