Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Watt Vs Luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Its actually developmentally disabled.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I think I uncovered what happened to Bradford this year.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

NattyBo posted:

Quoted for the new page because I'd seriously like some outside perspective on this.

One other thing: The NFL requires 1500 pass attempts to appear on official career leaderboards.

Cousins is at 748 completions in 1142 attempts right now, so he should get the remaining 358 attempts over the rest of the season.

If he makes it to 983 completions in 1500 attempts, he will pass Kurt Warner for 3rd all time. That would take going 235/358 = 65.6% the rest of the way

If he makes it to 991 completions in 1500 attempts, he will pass Chad Pennington for 2nd all time. That would take going 243/358 = 67.9% the rest of the way

If he makes it to 996 completions in 1500 attempts, he will pass Drew Brees for top all time completion percentage. That would take going 248/358 = 69.3% the rest of the way.

Kirk's completion percentage last year, over the entire season, was 69.8%. This year it is "only" 67.2%, and he's not even playing that well. If Good Kirk shows up for the next eleven weeks, he will officially be the most accurate QB in NFL history. But people still don't want the Skins to keep him so we can sign....somebody...this offseason. Our fanbase is so dumb and broken.

With Kirk your getting a lot of the noise from previous years mixed in with his performance this year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CousKi00.htm

In 2013 he was awful, in 2014 he was meh, in 2015 he was good. This year according to their Rate+ he has thus far been average.

After his big showing this year people wanted to keep seeing improvement, and thus far while he has been good he hasn't been great. So you get dumb people talking about how they need to find someone else.

Also it might be because he was the person who was taken after RG3, and their expectations are colored with "RG3 could of been one of the best" and now they have to settle for "Cousins, who is good, but probably wont be the best."

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

NattyBo posted:

I do agree with a lot of this. I'm not pretending that Cousins is going to be the best ever, maybe never even lead the Skins deep into the playoffs. I guess my point is just anger at the "rabble rabble all he does is throw picks rabble rabble", with no viable alternative.

And yes there is a portion of this fanbase that absolutely will not let RG3 go and blames his lack of success on everyone BUT RG3.

Yeah its the eternal we want a Top 3 QB, when the current one you have is perfectly fine. Sports fans are dumb like that.

See also, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford, Ryan Tannehill, Teddy Bridgewater, etc.

• Locked thread