Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We are also missing Misi, a pretty good lb... as well as Tunsil our good LG. Albert is average to above average at LT who is also hurt. Oh and pouncey who is a pretty decent guard.

Was Parker healthy at the end of the game? Usually when he catches a pass a part of his body explodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Very similar situations. Well thought out.

I'm shocked Maxwell is no Talib.

Kiko has been drat decent though. But that trade has to crush Tannebaums credibility. We look terrible at 90% of the positions he directly had a hand in

- worst run game in the NFL after giving up on our 5.0 ypc Lamar Miller
- the converted LT playing RG sucks horribly after refusing to bring in actual quality guard help in Slausen
- the CB we swapped firsts with and pay 9 million a year for was benched by game 3 for a 2nd year converted WR who was picked in the 5th.
- Our stud LT rookie playing LG is improving but literally slips in the shower. Drug test incoming and deserved
- Our starting tight end who has serious concussion history is likely done for his career because of... concussions
- Our 2nd best receiving threat, a 2nd year receiver from round 1 with injury concerns, gets hurt every week he does anything...

Tannebaum couldn't have hosed this team up worse if he tried. McMagic was 500% right - he's poison

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

this is the best day of my life

WEVE DONE IT

ITS HERE

YES

ABOUT SIX MONTHS TOO LATE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's like when you watch that woman on Hoarders finally throw away the fridge full of rat carcasses

Except someone might actually want that fridge. It can be salvaged. D Thomas cannot. Releasing Douglas and Turner as well holy poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

The shirts have also been released.

Dallas Thomas will soon be seen selling heavily discounted shirts outside of the stadium

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Imagine being so stupid you see those plays and blame Tannehill for their failures.

Now imagine being so stupid you see those same linemen do the same thing over and over, for several years, and you continue to employ them for millions of dollars a year

Congrats you're now 1) 65% of our fanbase and 2) Mike Tannebaum

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

PantsFreeZone posted:

you haven't done poo poo

Ryan Tannehill is still back in the pocket not knowing what the gently caress is going on and staring down receivers

Lol you don't even know what you're arguing you retard now back to NBA threads

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

YES YES YES I KNOW I'M LATE AND DOLPHIN BROS HAVE ALREADY POSTED BUT PRAISE GOD HALLELUJAH DALLAS THOMAS IS GONE!!!!!!!!

THE SUFFERING IS WORTHWHILE, THE ONE WIN SEASON IS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!

Today, we are all Titans fans my friend

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We're going through history of the pass rushers in the NFL in Discord and if you want a funny "oh wow I forgot that" look at some of the top pass rushers from 05-08.

Joey Porter had 16.5 sacks in 2008 :stare:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We should raise the banners of all the Titans pass rushers for finally freeing us from the national nightmare known as Dallas Thomas being paid to block someone

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

JFC that's awful

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Alaois posted:

gonna be that guy and ask for a link to the discord

Nah

Jk I dunno how to do it lemme look

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also RT17 throws some seriously bonehead picks sometimes so I struggle to say he's a line away from immediately being top 10 but I'd love it if one year he wasn't at the top of the most pressured lists.

That 14 of 18 broken tackles stat is amazing. But honestly what a waste of a tweet. There are still Dolphins fans who think Pouncey is still a top 3 center and a backup LT from the Saints is a great RG prospect

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Is she a known funny tweeter or is she being serious

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Apologies that's fair

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

OxySnake posted:

Its actually developmentally disabled.

Dude he's a person not a thing not matter how silly his opinion on sports

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The chargers are rational come on gu-

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Fox Mulner posted:

Where would you rank Pouncey?

He can't handle power DTs. He's a great pass blocker, he can pull very well, but if you count on him to hold off Mo Wilkerson on a straight up power block you're hosed.

He's top 10. Maybe 8-10. Great centers can do what he can and handle a big DT.

I'd struggle to replace him but Pouncey has one season under his belt as PFF top 3 and since then fin fans claim he's the best or one of the best.

The only player on Miami who can argue he's the best at his position is Reshad Jones.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ehud sweet Ehud don't even bother

Seriously he's so drat stupid I bet he doesn't correlate the broken tackles to pressure and sacks and instead takes it as a negative

HE SHOULD RUN MORE

the fact we released THREE LINEMEN WHO STARTED ONE POINT THIS SEASON should be as obvious as those gifs but nope it's all tannehill

He's far from perfect - but acting like if we put Brady back there our offense puts up 30 points is pretty PFZ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Tannehill is trash, and most any QB in the league looks good unpressured

As usual, there's likely truth in the middle. He's pretty clearly not trash. He's pretty clearly not a top QB.

We've likely ruined absolutely any chance of him being consistently what we've seen at times, a great QB and heavily increased the odds of him more being consistently what we've also seen at times, a bad QB.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

The key difference is the Bills realize the limitations of Tyrod, game plan around him and take advantages of the few matchups he has. Minus the GOLDEN Baltimore Ravens game, people don't really notice he's kind of a crappy QB.

Meanwhile those blubbery buffoons that are the Dolphins think Tannehill is obviously Dan Marino.

What on earth in Miamis recent history makes you think they think this? They let a complete and utter moron control this team to the tune of NOT RUNNING THE BALL WHEN YOU AVERAGE 5.0 YPC.

Tannebaum has no idea what he's doing
Ross is a great owner who is really trying but he clearly lets himself be charmed. Or he's a jets plant

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The problems are mostly Ross' own doing because he keeps setting up these front office and coaching dynamics that are doomed to be dysfunctional. And then on top of it he occasionally sticks his fingers into the pie, like trying to personally wine and dine Harbaugh or Jeff Fisher.

I agree with the second part except he's really learned from it and stepped aside. He's let his football people take over

But he's trusting Tannebaum to right our ship. I mean... Ross is a great owner but obviously he has some lapses in judgment in hiring

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What I get from Heath Evans is that CTE is real and it's crippling

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

It isn't the dollars and cents of the contract, it's more the unwillingness to move on from it. Plenty of teams including my own have given tons of money to ugly QBs but they have sobered up and moved on.

What I'm saying is the Dolphins have been content to stick with the guy and obviously neglected the rest of their team as well.

Is Tannehill the cause of all the Dolphins issues? No but he isn't the solution either and is regressing. Turning the team around isn't even as simple as fixing the Oline because they have been badly mismanaged, and even worse they lack motivation in my opinion.

There's a huge difference between incompetent action and neglect.

On the flip side Kiko Alonso looks pretty dang good (relative to the expectations) so I'm a fan. Hoping we can lock him up for 3 more years

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
NC-17 how much of your day do you dedicate you googling news about Miami?

Frankly I wish it was Miamis QB that was the real problem but instead it's literally 6 other positions. Great. We're screwed for so many years to come

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

nc-17 owns and is a top 10 pats poster

It's honestly a huge time saver. He protects me from FinHeaven

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean who disagrees with me about GC now?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Like Miami's offensive line, no one cares.

White noise in action right here

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I meant me btw

Keep me in check Gumbel you're a hero

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Trast posted:

When the Dolphins fire Gase instead of Tannebaum because Tannebaum is up Ross' rear end I hope Gase goes on to win five super bowls.

The New York connection is gonna ruin us

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hearing Parker is really dogging it also destroys my heart

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Bill just spreads everything around to decent to good players and relies on coaching so he doesn't have to choose between having a good defensive line and an alive quarterback, for example.

Yup exactly.

Oh and he cheats.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My dark secret finally revealed

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dang RIP Groves I remember loving you as a pass rusher

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Parker is most definitely dogging it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why must you be so cruel

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Naturally Selected posted:

The Steelers have joined the illustrious Cleveland Browns as the two teams the dolphins could hope to defeat this season.

Let me repeat that. The Steelers got clowned on by what is a bottom-3 team. :lol:

Miami was right next to Seattle too. We're bottom 10, likely better than bottom 3.

Guess we have to see if having our offensive line healthy and playing great is a fluke

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Brain Curry posted:

7-1 when Albert Pouncey and James play the full game. Staying healthy is probably a fluke but the team plays much better with them.

Pouncey had one snap this past week where he got thrown back maybe 4 feet by the DT power punching him.

But yeah, I'm stunned how different we are with Albert healthy. We've likely got to be on guard search again this offseason to replace Tunsil (moving to LT to replace Albert) and Bushrod. Oh boy more new blood!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don't know what Miami is but it's somewhere between cursed and blatantly incompetent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Goodell is killing your childhood

• Locked thread