Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I never got any twitter followers from any of the times I split the seat of my pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

they can flex sunday games right now if it's urgent

they can't flex any other nights at all

with that in mind

https://twitter.com/AustinKarp/status/785861711395954688

I can't believe people weren't dying to see the showdown between two 1-3 teams with one true star in between them (who wasn't playing)

Maybe they'll tune in for the second round kicker

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean kuechly is fun to watch.

Yeah but how visible is he to the casual fan compared to the Cams, Lucks, Rodgers, and Bradys of the world?

Hell JJ is an extremely visible, highly publicized, multiple nationwide endorsement guy for a defensive player and he probably still doesn't get the casual audience to tune in

Metapod posted:

The Browns vs the Titans

That is all

The Titans are going to win by 3 touchdowns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

If you had to guess Ken Bone's age, what would it be?

He's 34

Holy poo poo he's younger than me and looks 20 years older

He looks older than the 58 year old Ken Bone who coaches basketball at U of Montana

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol just saw Andrew Hawkins's little screw you to Rodge

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/785242565951967232

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

Gase is fed up with everyone and still defends ryan tannehill every week it owns

lol @ anyone who thinks Gase has "failed" with Tannehill. It is impossible to even evaluate Tannehill because he's getting pressured at a record rate. It's absolutely incredible.

Then you look at PFF and they show that when Tannehill actually gets any time to throw the ball, he grades out just fine.

tldr: there isn't a QB in the entire NFL that could win in this situation

Russell Wilson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ahem five layers of protection

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Quick reads is up and of course Tom is #1 and.. wait, what the christ did you do Indianapolis?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-5-quick-reads

On the other hand

e: :lol:

quote:

27. Brock Osweiler HOU
Osweiler did not pick up a first down until Houston was down 24-0, and that came on a DPI. He did not complete a pass for a first down until Houston was down 24-3 just before halftime. On third and fourth downs, he went 4-of-12 for 35 yards with two sacks, an interception, and just one conversion -- and that conversion came with Houston down 31-6 in the final six minutes of the game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

Trying to make a run for my top ten most just team list, eh? I can respect that.

Aw hell the bye means Tyreek didn't score a TD

nuts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe it's newsworthy that Blaine Gabbert's garbage rear end is getting benched

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I want to see the NFL version of this when he runs one in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoL0jlfB-mY

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

It's the NFC Wild Card Game. On the heels of Kaepernick leading them to an 11-0 finish, they take on Green Bay in Lambeau. They are down by 3 with 10 seconds left.

He breaks off a long run. "Not again" the fans say. "Not again!"

He's running, the 50, the 45, the 40.

He reaches the 20, the 10, the 5.

A wry smile crosses Dom Capers' face. He presses a button.

The star spangled banner plays. Kaepernick takes a knee at the one. Time expires. Packers win.

Amazing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Brady outwitted the Browns’ defense on more plays than he didn’t.

What an accomplishment

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

DVOA. The Jets dumpster fire is bested only by the Texans and Browns.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2016/week-5-dvoa-ratings

The Texans offense is more bad than the Falcons offense is good :laugh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ah the scorched earth policy. A good thing to try in your walk year when your ability to get a new job will rely upon the good will of front offices that are all pretty intertangled to some degree

Then again, if Brent Grimes can still get a job

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

NattyBo posted:

So far this year the Redskins are 5th in yards per play and 11th in total offense. Cousins has won 5 straight road games dating back to last season, a feat the Redskins haven't accomplished since 1991. That stretch includes 3 division road games. His QB rating is 90.5, higher than Rodgers, Palmer and Cam. His completion percentage is 67.2 and its higher than Brees, Roethlisberger, and Wilson.

I mean, if you're fine with Cousins and all that's cool, but you just compared him to a QB who got off to a really slow start and is nowhere near his career norms, a QB who has been injured because the Broncos launched themselves at his head every play, and a guy who got Delhommed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I wonder if this will ever swing back. I don't expect salaries to go down or anything but thinking more in relation to how much other positions make.

Like, do NFL front offices look at a guy like Brock Osweiler causing a bidding war and think "drat this poo poo is crazy, something needs to be reigned in" or do they think "just shows how few QBs there are in the world, better pay our mediocre dude a billion dollars?"

Well the hope was that Brock wasn't going to be mediocre obviously. And his salary is pretty in line with most starting QBs who have made it to their second contract. If it changes the approaches FOs make, it's less likely to be the amount and more likely to be being more wary about unproven guys

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

A broken Matt Cassel, Brandon Weeden and Kellen Moore.

Sorry I didn't list them by name, but that's basically between the Geno Smith and Ryan Lindley tier of quarterback garbage.

Weeden defeated the Colts in Indy last year :colbert:

Also Dak passes the most important test: the eyeball test

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leon Einstein posted:

Rodgers' peak was arguably higher than anyone's ever. It was just shorter than we expected. I honestly think he'll sort things out, but I'll wait to see before assuming he's still in his prime.

You know what the ultimate goal of a QB is though, right? Therefor the best ever are still Brady, Montana and Bradshaw. Until Brady wins another one that is, then he's all alone on top

I'll hang up and listen

kiimo posted:

I'd hang out with Rodgers a million times before I'd hang out with Favre.

I prefer a smart douche to a dumb dick.

Wow you and I are like complete polar opposites on this

I'd hang out with Favre 10 times out of 10 rather than watch Rodgers's "wacky" antics with Olivia Munn

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Touche

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

it sounds like they should rename the concept of throwing a ball to aaron rodgers, change the ball to just be his face

i mean the throw was so impossible it cant even be rendered by video im sure

"Aaron Rodgers isn't that good"

:smug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You didn't last long before you resumed your contrarian gimmick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lacy is a big believer in carb loading before gameday

And before an off day

And before a practice day

Also ice cream loading

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"Aaron Rodgers actually stinks" is a pretty bold take

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popy posted:

i wish Lacy could be good at football, and be fat as gently caress. :(

fat RBs are the best.

I wish I could be good at football and be fat as gently caress

Or be good at football

Or be good at anything

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nah but implying all Rodgers does is throw to wide open receivers is basically "he's nothing special"

Saying Rodgers doesn't complete ridiculous passes through the tiniest windows on the regular is an admission that you haven't watched him at all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well obviously Brady shares the one trait that marks a successful quarterback with Bradshaw and Montana

Until he reigns atop that mountain on his own that is after this season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wish I knew what it was like to have a good qb on my team which hasn't been a thing in Houston since Warren Moon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

big juicy nectarine posted:

On the other hand, I think the Browns would've killed to have a QB as good as Matt Schaub for the past ten years.

Schaub was only good for like 3-4 years and most of that was Bortles-like garbage time stats

When he actually had a team around him he was best described as above average

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Imagine your disappointment if you were told you'd get to hang out with a starting NFL QB and then Andy Dalton walks out and asks if you saw a briefcase he'd misplaced

Cody Kessler sitting beneath a banner with like 15 names crossed off

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

What kind of sad fanbase WANTS Cutler?

That's some factory of sadness kind of masochism.

My team has Brock Osweiler so...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans are going to get embarrassed in prime time as usual

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"Let's take the Patriots out and replace them with the Texans and see how it affects the readings! *90 second fart*"

Last night's game was borderline unwatchable minus the comedy factor for most of it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CowboyKid posted:

#TradeRomo

Who wants him?

I'd take him, but it would be cruel to watch him get destroyed behind a tissue paper line for years, finally get the best line in the NFL, then be traded to a team that can't pass block for poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

when was the last time the afc south had two above-average teams

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

that colts team had a -30 point differential despite winning 11 games im not sure they qualify

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Clowney is really good. It figures this would occur the year JJ died

Blowjob Overtime posted:

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/788092757323620352

Vikings Twitter account has taken a couple of shots at the sports media this year.

This is pretty great

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevin Johnson broke his foot, likely ending his season :(

Texans CBs are dropping like flies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sock Enthusiast Charles James is going to be the Texans CB2 next week if JJo and Kareem still out :barf:

• Locked thread