Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Steelers will break the record for most points scored in an NFL game this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Dear dolphins bros

I am sorry for what is going to happen

on what authority does a Broncos fan apologize on behalf of the Steelers? :confused:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I still think the Steelers lose in Miami. Just not ready to believe they win 2 games in a row in which they're favored. Doesn't happened very often, but it will be cool if it does

- we are the worst in the NFL at running the all

- we are the worst in the NFL at stopping the run

- we don't currently have a healthy cornerback that would start on another NFL team

- Tannehill faces pressure on almost 50% of his dropbacks

- we have won one game and that's only because the Browns kicker was hurt otherwise we would have lost potentially by double digits

- we are scoring 17.6 points per game

- we have the third worst point differential in the NFL

You could go -4 on turnovers and win by double digits

I can't even describe how bad we are. We missed 17 tackles against the Titans. We are worse than the 2007 1-15 team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

Miami killed Adam Gase, QB Whisperer

Gase is fed up with everyone and still defends ryan tannehill every week it owns

quote:

“I’ve got to look at the whole picture,” Gase said. “I’m calling the plays. I know what it’s supposed to look like and it’s not looking like that right now as far as what’s going on around him. And when we start cleaning some things up and we give him a chance to perform at the level that I think he’s going to perform — and if he doesn’t do it, that’s one thing, but I need to see to where we get a chance in protection, we’re right on a lot of the other things that we’re supposed to be doing.

” … Everyone wants to blame that position. It’s the easy one to do, because you can see completion/incompletion/interception. When you hit your back foot and you get sacked, no much you can do about it.”

lol @ anyone who thinks Gase has "failed" with Tannehill. It is impossible to even evaluate Tannehill because he's getting pressured at a record rate. It's absolutely incredible.

Then you look at PFF and they show that when Tannehill actually gets any time to throw the ball, he grades out just fine.

tldr: there isn't a QB in the entire NFL that could win in this situation

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tom Brady would not be able to lead the Dolphins to a winning record.

I believe this 100%

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brockenstein posted:

Russell Wilson

he might be okay because he's got that Houdini quality, but the team would still have a losing record overall with zero chance to make the playoffs

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is the best day of my life

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm so happy right now I don't even care who starts in their place

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/785908135932235777

lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

WEVE DONE IT

ITS HERE

YES

ABOUT SIX MONTHS TOO LATE

Jamil Douglas and Isiah Pead released as well.

FIRE SALE

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

That would imply things are being sold. They're just being thrown out here.

FIRE DUMP

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

new shirt is just a screen cap of this tweet

https://twitter.com/pff_natejahnke/status/785907505150857217

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/riversmccown/status/785940308622213121

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Imagine being so stupid you see those plays and blame Tannehill for their failures.

Now imagine being so stupid you see those same linemen do the same thing over and over, for several years, and you continue to employ them for millions of dollars a year

Congrats you're now 1) 65% of our fanbase and 2) Mike Tannebaum

Pretty sure after one of those is when the we want moore chants started

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

you haven't done poo poo

Ryan Tannehill is still back in the pocket not knowing what the gently caress is going on and staring down receivers

when he actually has a "pocket" this year his QB rating is 116.6

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pasaluki posted:

Dolphins live in the sea, but Dolphins fans live in Denial river about their quarterback.

I think he's probably ruined like David Carr

You can't get hit a record amount of times and it not have a major effect on you adversely mentally

I also think he would be a really good QB in different circumstances

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Just kidding if we get the offensive line in order he'll easily be top ten

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

make it the tannehill-as-the-dolphins-logo pic and you've got yourself a winner

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a new study bible! posted:

Cousins is a honda civic.

I loved my 1996 Honda Civic

I picked it up 200 miles from my house and had no idea how to drive a 5 speed

still the most difficult manual transmission I've ever driven

well bye

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a new study bible! posted:

I had a 96 civic manual also and that thing was rad.

yeah mine lasted to almost 300k miles :wow:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/786232154329972736

lol Tom Brady is worthless

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

A non political evil football robot has no comment on national outrage of the week the horror

They're asking him because he put a trump hat on his locker, you doofus!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm sorry I called you a doofus

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

President Trump is going to move the dolphins to Oakland after the raiders leave

good :colbert:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

davecrazy posted:

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED, that Tom Brady is human trash who won't denounce boasting of sexual assault.

me2

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

i love these subjective stats you guys keep rolling out for Tannehill

when the 9 realms are in alignment, Ryan is the most accurate QB in the NFL

when there happen to be exactly seven clouds in the sky Ryan Tannehill has a winning percentage of .750

Ryan Tannehill is the only QB to ever pull off his skate and attempt to slit another player's throat

he sucks, you suck, i was right, gently caress you, Happy Halloween

lol subjective stats

it's literally, "when ryan Tannehill is protected he is a good QB"

this is a prerequisite for almost every single QB in the league

Have you even watched the last two games?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

RYAN TANNEHILL'S FAULT:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Ehud, just accept your team consistently runs 4 wide sets poorly and the pain will slowly escape you

i feel nothing

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Well the flipside is he also needs to do his share by making reads faster and getting the ball out before the defense hits home. Let's not pretend he is blameless.

I agree, but lately he's under siege as soon as his feet are planted on a 3 step drop. He often doesn't even have time to make reads.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Worst players at every position this week:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-lowest-graded-player-at-every-position-in-nfl-week-5

Includes the entire left side of the Dolphins OL

quote:

Left tackle: Billy Turner, Miami Dolphins, 26.1

Turner was essentially a turnstile in this game, allowing pressure at an alarming rate against a Titans’ defense that hasn’t been all that good. He surrendered three sacks, two hits, and three hurries.

Left guard: Dallas Thomas, Miami Dolphins, 35.9

Like Turner, Dallas Thomas also had a rough day at the office. The Dolphins’ guard surrendered a QB hit, three QB hurries, two tackles, and allowed his blocking assignment to disrupt Miami’s rushing attack on quite a few snaps.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Elite QBs get the ball out in less than 3 seconds. Tannehill should be able to no problem.

lol you think tannehill gets 3 seconds

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pasaluki posted:

It isn't the dollars and cents of the contract, it's more the unwillingness to move on from it. Plenty of teams including my own have given tons of money to ugly QBs but they have sobered up and moved on.

What I'm saying is the Dolphins have been content to stick with the guy and obviously neglected the rest of their team as well.

Is Tannehill the cause of all the Dolphins issues? No but he isn't the solution either and is regressing. Turning the team around isn't even as simple as fixing the Oline because they have been badly mismanaged, and even worse they lack motivation in my opinion.

I don't understand this take. Miami has invested a ton in trying to create an environment in which Tannehill can succeed. It's not they have neglected the rest of the team. It's that the moves that were made did not work out. The offensive line is filled with guys drafted between rounds 1 and 3 and it has been just awful.

I have no idea if they are poorly coached, unmotivated or something else, but it's not fair to say the Dolphins haven't attempted to address the issues. The attempts have just been spectacular failures.

Lastly, I have no idea if Tannehill is regressing. He isn't even given enough time in the pocket for us to know if that's the case.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

Maybe if you offer him one of those $60million fully guaranteed contracts? I wonder if you think Suh will be worth his $19million cap hit next season.

what do you know about contracts, pretty boy? how would you like a $60 million contract upside your head?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i hope every pats fan on here is having a nice day

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my blood is on your hands

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

I only know that Gronk and Bennett together eat up less cap space than Suh.

and you were an integral part of the negotiations!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Tannehill is experienced enough that he's calling protections, but his linemen are so bad that they're loving up their assignments and getting beaten regardless when not

Cian Fahey wrote up a long article about the Dolphins-Titans game explaining why Adam Gase is defending Tannehill so strongly and thinks the linemen are trash and the receivers suck outside of Landry:

http://presnapreads.com/2016/10/13/adam-gase-ryan-tannehill-and-realistic-expectations/

"WE WANT MOORE"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

NC-17 how much of your day do you dedicate you googling news about Miami?

nc-17 owns and is a top 10 pats poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hey speaking of which, how has Vernon been in NY?

• Locked thread