Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Canemacar posted:

Oh. I had assumed it was end of Oct when the LvD event was ending. I may just start anyway then.
Dark vs. Light is "intended to end" on November 29: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9074957#post9074957.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Are the required flashpoints for the Champion level soloable if you're at 65? I'm not part of any guilds but probably won't be on during times when other guild people would be.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Aleth posted:

You can complete them in solo mode at whatever level they're available to you.
Oh, okay. That's good to know, then. Thanks. I just thought a bunch of them are "tactical" only and required an actual group to complete. At least, that's kind of how it seemed for the one tactical flashpoint I tried entering recently.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Heeeeeeyyyy, if we're posting referral links, here's mine: http://www.swtor.com/r/tsF5Nr. oh god what am I doing I've never used this before what's going to happen to me

I think I don't actually care about any of those listed referral rewards, though. The extra coins from new/renewing subscribers is probably nice, but I don't really use any of the pets I already have. The speeder looks okay.

edit: To actually make this post meaningful in some way, are both of the guilds on Jedi Covenant? What's the status of the guilds? Are they basically just being used to get guild bonuses at this point? I have an old username and password for the "That's No Goon" Enjin site, but I think that's from before the server mergers started happening.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 4, 2016

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

I re-did the planetary stories on a Trooper recently because, for whatever reason, the game didn't recognize that I had already done them for all eight classes multiple times, along with thinking I hadn't done the Trooper story for the same unknown reasons. I hope I never feel the need to do that again. Those planetary missions got boring after the second or third time, let alone the 17th or however many times it's been now.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah, making the evil choices for a lot of BioWare games is usually cartoonish and funny, but light side Warrior felt cool for being able to convince Jedi/Republic people of your personal mission's righteousness and kind of work against or to change the Empire from inside.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Can you use one of those "start at 60" tokens to get the second DvL character to "reach level 65" for the Eternal level? I haven't done the tactical flashpoints for Champion yet, but I'm wondering if it'll be worth doing if I'd then have to level another character all the way from 1 through 65 again for Eternal.

edit: Ah. So it only works for characters starting from the beginning. Great.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 22, 2016

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah. Same here, pretty much. Not enough time to do all of the requirements, and when I finally got some time nothing came together. So much for that whole event.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Senya's new head model makes her look kind of like an old man.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Hm. Along with the other bugs, the Arcann fight in Chapter 16 of KotFE seems to be bugged. After he blasts me across the room, I get stuck there and can't move, and the absorb/reflect 10% damage ability doesn't seem to do anything to him at that point either. I guess the patch needs a patch.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah, I found it. You basically have to avoid using the shield bash when he's down to ~15-20% health, and just chip away at him using that "Unity" damage reflect ability since nothing else really seems to be affecting him. It takes forever that way, but it works.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

I don't remember if this is a server load problem or if it's something else, but has anyone else been getting a lot of unresponsiveness since the patch went live? I just get random pauses for a few seconds where the NPCs and I can't perform any actions. I think it's happened before in the history of the game, I just don't remember if it's because of server issues or something fundamentally broken by whatever new bugs they've introduced in major updates.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Man, I just tried a Heroic Star Fortress for the first time. Those things are terrible slogs and unless you get some amazing set of gear for finishing all of them, I have a feeling I'll avoid doing the rest. Maybe it goes faster with a group, but on my own with a rank 50 Lana, it just went way too slowly and I was bored out of my mind by the time I finished the Exarch. I'm not sure how you would tackle it alone without the buffs to get that achievement either, but it would probably be even slower, and I think I'd start going insane at that point.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Does anybody know if there's a moddable version of the new Outlander sabers? Like this one. I just like the look and sound of the blue 220 ones I have, but I've gotten a couple of the moddable 230 sabers from command crates that I've been avoiding using because they look kind of ugly. I know you're supposed to get that Odessen one for doing Chapter 9 of Fallen Empire, I'm just not really that into the red hilt.

Somebody brought it up before, but it would be nice if they'd extend the visual customization options to weapons as well to some degree, so you could just stamp the ones you like and not have to deal with this kind of stuff.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

They definitely need to refine things, like how they've outlined for that January update, because as things are tons of new or returning players see what's required to earn a chance at getting some random piece of gear from the current Galactic Command system and are immediately turned off of it. (edit: To clarify, I'm only basing this off of the general reactions I've seen online and some in the game.) Also, the gear above 230 doesn't even open up until the second and third tiers and you have to get through 90 ranks just to hit Tier 2. If you're just interested in playing some random PvP matches or the story content, then none of it matters, but if you're wanting to do anything more difficult and involved that might somehow require the better gear, then right now you're essentially forced to grind forever. Then again, most of the endgame is already a grind so I guess we should be used to it? I don't know. Having some specific goal in mind and not some vague unknown quantity tends to make grinding more tolerable for me at least.

Personally, I'm not paying much attention to the Command stuff anymore because I'm mainly just interested in the simpler things like the story and story-level content, and maybe a little PvP if I want a bit of an adrenaline rush. I've gotten through around 20 ranks on a couple of characters and have basically just gotten a bunch of schematics, a couple of purple earpieces, and a couple of moddable chest pieces with blue mods. None of it has made me want to grind out more or has pushed me to do other content I don't enjoy just to have a chance at getting something better.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 16, 2016

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Well, I'm back to being burnt out on this game. Enjoy yourselves, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Nothing. Get away from the game and play/do something else until they make more content that interests you or the game dies.

• Locked thread