Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I know class stories are basically dead and gone, but I hope that with Vette apparently being a major party member tin KOTEE that she at least has different dialogue to reflect her background with the Warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hulk Smash! posted:

There's a bit of flavor text with all companions that were previously with the PC. It's pretty minor though. With Vette, there's a bit more if you were in a relationship with her prior to KOTEE.

I wonder how she reacts if you start a relationship with her in KOTEE but specifically did not in the main game.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Medullah posted:

I don't know that you can. I believe the only romances you can begin in KOTFE are Lana and Theron.

Entirely possible. At this point I tend to just assume they'll include the ability to romance someone if they make them a focus character in an expansion :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cythereal posted:

As for the possibility of new romances in Eternal Throne, datamining spoilers: Doesn't look like it. You can repeatedly flirt with Empress Acina, but she politely turns you down. There are occasional romance-related moments if you're romancing one of Lana, Theron, Koth, Torian, Vette, Kaliyo, or Aric.

Haha now there's a thought.

Political marriage with Acina. If they wanted to give us choices with consequences that'd be a fun one

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Medullah posted:

As long as you're willing to devote the time to do it, you should be able to hit Legendary within the time frame. The only X-Factor is whether or not they're running Rakghoul event and Gree event again before 11/29.

If you're trying to go all the way I'd recommend your "main" DvL toon be a tank as the hardest part is going to be hitting all the Hard Mode flashpoints, and as a tank you'll always be in demand.

I don't care about Legendary in the slightest, but what would I have to do to get the Light side armor set in this image?

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/na/20160623_DvLRewardBlog/Weapon-Tuning.gif

The guides I've been looking at haven't been super clear.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Aleth posted:

What MMO does, really? As much as they might cry about it MMOs have long since stopped bothering to cater to the 'hardcore' raiders because it's not worth it to spend time and money on poo poo that a tiny minority of players will bother with until they get bored and move on/whine about. Much better financially and easier to pander to the 'casual' crowd who will drop the occasional :10bux: on vanity poo poo/gamble boxes, I would have thought.

Both WoW and FF14 still have challenging raid content. Mythic raids and Savage raids respectively are hard yo.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

Everything I have ever heard about Evercrack makes me so glad I never had the desire to try it

The secret of Evercrack is simple. "We were literal children and didn't know any better because we had no frame of reference"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

I'm kind of curious how the DvL thing will work out for light sided imp characters. Like they say as the scales tip one way or another for each side jedi/sith are supposed to show up and attack areas in the game. So like, you're a light side Sith Warrior are you suddenly fighting alongside jedi on Dromund Kaas against imperial npcs or what?

In general I think it all sounds fine, that just sounds possibly a bit weird.

Probably. I expect them to entirely forget about nuance like that and homogenize everything as much as possible.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

dreffen posted:

So as I'm leveling my second DvL guy it seems like it'll be pretty doable to get to the Eternal tier. One part that's kind of got me wondering though, so I figured I'd ask, is how doable the Ops and world bosses are? Can you solo the ops? I've managed to never do neither in the times I've played since release.

I'm hoping that I'll still be able to hit Eternal if I start in early November. Eternal seems relatively easy overall? Blitz to 65 on two dudes, do Revan and KOTFE on one of them do a bunch of Flashpoints and hit Valor 5. Seems simple on its surface.

Legendary is pretty involved but I'm not worried about that.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I was hoping they'd of been fixed during my 7 month absence lawl

It's almost as though this game is being developed by a skeleton crew in order to extract maximum profit for a bare minimum of effort :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Eternal Throne datamining goes into more detail about Valk's motivations. He seems to just be a body-thief now. Valkorion's body was finally giving out, so now Vitiate has set his sights on you as his next host body. Not a word is mentioned about him eating planets or wanting to become a god, he just wants immortality.

Sometimes Usually I feel like they have no idea what they're doing with the Emperor's character and just have him bounce from villainous archetype to villainous archetype as the whim suits them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cythereal posted:

This is why I have never liked the Emperor as a villain from Shadow of Revan onwards.

He's more of a plot device than a villain, let alone a character. He does whatever the plot needs him to do to move the plot in whatever direction the current writers feels like, says whatever the plot needs him to say in order to coincide with whatever themes the story is currently using.

• Locked thread