Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I re-upped to see if I could protect my character names for the upcoming server merges. I'm encountering tons of skipping around as I move my character or rotate the view. The graphics setting doesn't appear to affect it, nor server, nor ping. It's jumping around like mad, something I've never seen before in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Codex Occultus posted:

I was having this problem too and apparently its a known issue but fixing it seems to a black magic mix of different bullshit. In my case going into the video options and turning off vsync and loving around with the fps limiter settings seemed to mostly make it go away.

I saw a thing on the board about setting pre rendered frames to 1 and enabling triple buffering and that seems to have made things tolerable. I didn't get the chance to go questing or anything but it definitely was less horrible.

Speaking of horrible, looks like I have to re-do my whole HUD and review all my skills. Since I was crafting I also have loads of ingredients on all my characters and probably should jettison everything. Crafting was always a pain in the rear end in this game.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Crafting sure has changed. Is it still mostly useless? I think after they sucked the life out of it I switched most of my characters to gathering.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Last night I finally got the chance to try a solo Flashpoint, the first stage of Jedi Prisoner. When the level loaded and I saw it was full of gold enemies I thought "How am I supposed to do this with just my companion?" and then I heard a roar and BAM a robot dropped out of the sky. I was DPS and my companion was a tank so more DPS was welcome but I figured a healer would've been more useful.

Turns out there were no truly close calls, although I did have to hit those kolto stations during a couple of boss encounters just to keep comfortable.

Can the robot's role be changed or are they always DPS?

EDIT: Also it was nice to be able to get the drops without fighting against party members who "Need" everything.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

drat, that's a sweet deal. I rarely did Flashpoints before so now I can at least do the story related ones.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

That vendor with cheap adaptive armor makes it easy for even my lowbie lightning wizard to look pretty cool.

EDIT: My Sith warrior was unused for so long that it broke the class quest line. After customer support fixed it I got to enjoy a couple of well-written scenes where my light-side Sith broke the brains of a few Jedi, including baiting one into losing his poo poo to a Dark side moment. Playing against type seems to get the best dialogue in this game.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Are warzones dead? I had a mission to do one and I've been queued up whenever I'm on and one never pops.

• Locked thread