Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

M_Sinistrari posted:

I swear, with how serious some of the long time subscribers take the sub gifts, I really wouldn't be surprised to see a post telling someone who's sub lapsed during a tragic death in the family or a near death hospitalization that it's all their fault they let their sub lapse because they should've put the game first.

Whereas my reaction to getting something really cool as a sub is to kinda hope non-subbed people get a chance to do it later, I'll take earlier access, quality of life improvements (although some of those should be free/preferred really), and the occasional cosmetic thing as my reward for being subbed as far as that goes. Granted, I'm a late comer since I only subbed after seeing the Let's Play in the forums so I don't have things like the Jawa balloon; maybe several years of that melts your brain into being a greedy idiot or something.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Tactical FPs pop so so quickly, I knocked them all out in a couple of days. You have to do a ton of them for Shadow of Revan anyway. Hard mode flashpoints on the other hand... :suicide:

Yeah, HM flashpoints plus the Dread Fortress boss and Monolith are my only real barriers to finishing Legendary DvL. On the other hand, I actually finally cleared Battle of Rishi HM with a PuG, so at least I no longer feel like it's IMPOSSIBLE to finish. If I get a chance I'll see about setting up a group to knock some of those off, though given this week is tax extension filing hell for me at work, don't expect it too soon. HM flashpoints in general just sucks my will to live, so much worse than standard operations which just feels WRONG.

Prism posted:

Oh, I get scaled down instead of it getting scaled up inside the side zones.

Pretty cool anyhow! With the 2x XP I thought I'd pull too far ahead, but I don't think that'll be a problem after all.

Nope; only real time being overleveled matters is on some of the earliest planets where they expect you to level more; your level is reduced to the maximum for the planet not the zone per se, so on planets like Drommund Kaas and Coruscant you can wind up fighting grey mobs in the earlier zones because you're set to the upper end of the planet's scale. On the other hand some of the flashpoints, while theoretically do-able at early levels with any group, can wipe you out before level 30 or so because you just lack all your major abilities (Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi are kind of murderously bad at low levels without being carried by 65s all the time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Medullah posted:

I wouldn't be opposed to setting up a group Sunday night if there's interest to kill the ops bosses needed. Should only take an hour or two.

I can probably hop on Sunday night to heal or DPS as needed; there are also at least some folks often looking for storymode/groupfinder ops, especially for DvL.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

nessin posted:

So I just completed Chapter 16 on a DvL character so I could get the, eventual, companion. Has there been any word if we'll need to have it completed to start the next series on a character, because I'd rather take my Bounty Hunter through it when it comes out but I'm not thrilled about repeating all that over again on him.

I would assume so if those choices in KOTFE are going to carry over (not in any MEANINGFUL way mind you).

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
If folks need guild invites, feel free to post a time you're available and I can arrange to be on Republic side. I juggle so many alts it doesn't bug me to hop on one side or the other, usually crafting so I can throw out invites while I do that.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Well, doubt I have any really awesome pictures, but do have a few screenshots I can post for warning purposes amusement. First is of course Jarash, AKA Jedi Jesus, shown here with the Apostle Qyzen offering his blessing (and/or lightsabering) to some fortunate soul:

Next is Methest, seen here practicing terrible firearms safety by running around a cantina with his rifle drawn.

May add more later if I can dig any interesting outfits out of my stockpiles.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Cythereal posted:

You can't. Lana is by all appearances and quest dialogue the one actually running the alliance. :v:

Have you SEEN the cold glare she can give when even mildly annoyed, say by someone calling her "Goldie"? Of course she runs everything - my characters may cheerfully take on Valkorian and his messed up family, but I'm properly scared shitless of Lana :).

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Medullah posted:

Well no sense arguing about ability bloat anymore.

Sombrerotron, I sent Loveboat the Lightsaber Pike.

Chickenwalker, Dely Tronic, and Aleth post which item you want from the guild bank.

Everything else I'm selling for meth.

Sweet, thanks, Methest can use the cash! :D

sassassin posted:

Imperial Agent

This mind-control thing feels like it's going to do nothing but make the whole double/triple-agent story less interesting/complex than it could have been.

Not at all, it just throws a loop into the process that has to be considered. You still get a chance to turn on folks, it just makes it so your betrayal can't come except at one point (and who you betray and how is still up to you to a rather surprising degree).

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
OK, pick up groups are just not cutting it, can I interest ANYBODY into helping me finish HM Lost Island and Czerka Corporate Lab? The only two loving HM flashpoints I have left and nobody can bother focusing on what I tell them strategy-wise :argh:. I'm available this weekend and pretty much any evening next week, so drat sick of being this close to done.

EDIT: In the interest of making sure folks are informed: Lost Island and Czerka Corporate Labs.

MadDogMike fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 18, 2016

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
I have Methest for healing and in a pinch can swap to Viafax to tank, though most of my assassin tank knowledge is just from reading class guides.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

bagrada posted:

I hated him after the bounty hunter tattooine story (haven't played much farther yet), but liked him in KOTFE - must have been Vette's influence there.

He was a lot funnier in KOTFE to be honest. I did appreciate the end of his recruitment giving you the option to shoot his clone full of holes with a "We'll say you went out in a blaze of glory!", was very cathartic. Honestly for all people mention Skadge forcing his way into your companions, Gault does it first. Hell, it's kind of a BH companion thing in general that they push themselves into the group; Torian does too if I recall, though Mako sort of asks if memory serves (and of course if anybody doesn't WANT Blizz they're a monster and their complaints can be disregarded :colbert:).

Medullah posted:

New Gunslinger and Sniper stuns. Gunslinger one should be an insta kill, imho.

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/800834265500028928

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/800781616717189120

An even funnier way to get the finishing blow on an opponent if you can pull it off now.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
For our stronghold decorating contest, I'd like to just say, Merry Sithmas!

As many do not survive are unfamiliar with this holiday, here is a helpful guide to the traditions behind this age-old celebration.

Hung by the turbolift with care, everyone is hoping the dark spirits within these Sith sarcophagi will come out and join the festivities! That way, they can be devoured for their ancient power!

Huddled by the thoughtfully provided freezer units, this wampa and her child are eagerly waiting to unwrap the tauntaun across the way down to the bone. Wait until midnight and the stars are right, wampas!

Speaking of feeding, here we see special guest Darth Lovecraft preparing that beloved Dashade holiday dish, Jedi Jambalaya. Just a little more simmering and the Doom Dreidel above will descend to mash the ingredients into bloody chunks! After their repast the Deshade will go out into the streets and wail the traditional Carol of Darkness Unending for only the good little Sith boys and girls, who will be hurled into the street by their parents to be devoured and thus ensure the continued unholy strength of the Sith.

Oh look, they've invited Republic guests to sit by the fire this year! Truly the Alliance has lead to warmer relations between the Empire and Republic.

And here's our host, taking on the role of the Red Giver. Sith children will take their place on her lap and beg for the destruction of their enemies, which she will do at her amusement. Just be creative, kiddies, she's heard them all, and might turn YOU into a lump of coal instead!

I hop you've enjoyed our little tour of a traditional Sithmas party. May your most terrible dreams come true on this darkest of days!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Actually I already have the Unstable Peacemaker's Dual Saber, so I'll pass that one on to the next person if they like. I'll take the Koensayr Revolution instead, that round wheel mount I think will look cool. And I'm glad everybody enjoyed it, I was stumped for ideas then it just all came to me in a flash last minute :).

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Go ahead and send the Revolution to Jasmala, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Hey, just figured I'd pop in and mention I'm not completely dead, I just hit tax season and what free time I had has been sacrificed to work and recovering from work. Will try to hop on if time and energy permit!

• Locked thread