Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Updated entry list with the latest ones:

Aleth

Sombrerotron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpSuHcM0A8

M_Sinistrari

Bilirubin

MadDogMike

Chickenwalker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgA9t769UoM

dreffen

EdEddnEddy

Dalris Othaine

rantmo

Dely Apple - I assume you want GEISHABOT for this?

McSpanky

Twelve Elves

Let me know if any are missing or you don't want it up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So how many of your alts have you run through it with?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
One day there'll be a Manaan stronghold you can teleport to. One day.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

:siren::siren::siren: AND THE WINNERS OF THE GOONOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST ARE :siren::siren::siren:

1st place - Sombrerotron. High effort video with a hilarious costume. Well done!

2nd place - Chickenwalker. Again, well done entry and who doesn't love Zapp Brannigan?

3rd place - Dely Apple. Just looks good!

We also decided to give a 4th place prize to Aleth since he was gung ho about the contest and posted constantly.

So - Winners may post here what item they want from the Oedzi Memorial tab in the guild bank. Assumption is that Sombrerotron wants the Pike, but there's plenty of other items to choose from for 2-4! Only off limits items are the Flagship parts, everything else is fair game. There are a few droid/beast companions, a Rakghoul weapon tuning, a few armor sets. Post which one you'd like and I'll send it to you - obviously first pick is 1st place, 2nd is 2nd place, etc.

After the 4 have made their choices I'll see what's left and randomly give away a few leftover items to the other people that participated. :)

I just wanted to make sure we had more than the two entries we got last time. Still feel a bit guilty for winning the lightning tuning for that.

Good costumes from everyone though! Now Medullah can start restocking the vault for a Christmas contest! :v:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Weekly personal conquest goals, dress-up.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Well no sense arguing about ability bloat anymore.

Sombrerotron, I sent Loveboat the Lightsaber Pike.

Chickenwalker, Dely Tronic, and Aleth post which item you want from the guild bank.

Everything else I'm selling for meth.

Don't worry about it, I was only entering to try and encourage other entries. Spend my prize on meth in celebration/denial of the new US president elect I guess.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Why yes.

Yes it is.

Though the animation department did the anims. Credit where credit is due.

I just wish all these regen items were unlocks like vehicles and whatnot to save on bag space.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Is that the sub bonus one or a different one?

Dulfy says sub one and it is rather nice looking.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I always thought Kaliyo was fun.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
A shameful triplepost.

Right from the start Keeper makes it clear she could be an asset but one that you might need to terminate at some point. It's kind of expected that you don't fully trust her and are just using her for her connections and proven abilities in areas Intelligence are likely to be operating until she becomes a liability at which point yes, she goes out the airlock.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That was Quinn, the Sith Warrior companion. He was the only healing companion for the SW at the time so being able to kill him off and be left with no healing comp for a tank/dps class was kind of annoying.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

What was the motivation for killing Quinn? Isn't he an unobjectionable loyal officer-type?

From the stories I've played I would have banished/killed:

Kaliyo, Lokin, Qyzen, Zenith, Scourge, Gault, Pierce, Broonmark, anything HK

I'm sure they felt the same about you, you terrible person.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Subtlety is not the Warrior's strong point.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Funny, I always feel guilty when I have to pick LS choices.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

So for melting Crystals, I get that you melt commons into Comp gifts, but what about the Radiant and Glowing? Also are Weapon Gifts still the overall most reliable gift across all the comps? (I know Courting are worthless)

EDIT: And what should I do with my Warzone Comms? Is tehre another way to get to Odessan other than buying the transport ticket?

Glowing can get you Exotic Isotope Stabilisers from the Odessen vendor.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Right now everyone is either taking a break or grinding DvL for the most part.

I would love it if we could get enough people for a weekly raid, even if it's an easy story mode raid, once 5.0 drops. Just never can seem to get enough people interested for any length of time.

I'd be up for it but you usually end up having to run it at a godawfully late hour for me, being in Britland and all.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Summary of the livestream is over on Dulfy.

quote:

Black Friday Sale

Collection Unlocks are 50% OFF
Friday – 50% off armor sets (except the Nathema Zealot)
Saturday – 50% off all decorations
Sunday – 50% off Appearance customization and species
Monday – 50% off all mounts, vehicles, toys, and pets.

Edit: some upcoming items, too.

Pretty.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 25, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

M_Sinistrari posted:

Looks like I'll be skipping a few lunches to make sure I have enough cc to pick this up.

Might be obtainable via gifts and whatnot.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Even the parts with Cool Uncle Vowrawn?

He just has bad opinions, can't be helped.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

As KOTET looms nearer and nearer, I remind people...

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

DON'T POST SPOILERS IN GUILD CHAT OR ON THE FORUMS.

In Discord I made a "Spoilers" channel if you want to talk there.

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Corridor after corridor of Skytroopers.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
To be fair it has been running for months now.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yup, downloading something at least.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I always expect things to go wrong on patch day.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yes, goooooood. Let the completionist-sperg flow through you!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

DAMMIT BIOFAIL MAKING ME CHOOSE AN ADVANCED CLASS, MY IMPERIAL AGENT WAS HAPPY AT 65

I was wondering how long it would take you to notice that bit of the patch notes.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'm definitely liking the makeover they gave to Voss in chapter 1, although I feel they stopped short of true perfection.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They really need to add a cosmetic weapon slot if we're expected to use those crafted, non-customisable weapons.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's the one for the fusion missile; got switched way, way back.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Prism posted:

Lightning tunings look good and I keep meaning to search for them on the market, except I don't know if I'll be using my current weapon forever so it's kind of a waste.

Unfortunately.

They do.

Fortunately you can extract them and move them to a different weapon if you want like any mod, they just don't unlock in collections.

Also just finished KotET and I have to say I love that my Odessen throne room is right above the bar.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Prism posted:

Oh sweet, time to find one then. I have one of the lightsabers that mists a little bit around its base (Volatile Derelict); does it overwrite that or do both effects?

That's the exact one I'm using in that gif and they stack, although in cutscenes the lightning effect doesn't show up.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Standard sub access to KotET starts in an hour or so, no downtime supposedly. Also Saturday maintenance tomorrow!

quote:

We will be performing maintenance on Saturday, December 3rd starting at 6:00AM CST (1200 GMT). This maintenance will address a number of issues including the Chapter XVI Arcann fight and the Galactic Command Planetary Mission bug. Full Patch Notes will be posted with maintenance.

We are also going to be running the final Commendation/Crystal Credit conversion, the Dark vs. Light rewards, and the Pass to Cartel Coin conversion grants at this time.

For those without Early Access to Knights of the Eternal Throne you WILL get access tomorrow, December 2nd, as intended. No downtime will be necessary. Existing subscribers will be given access by 9AM CST (1500 GMT). Any new subscribers joining the game starting tomorrow at 9AM CST will be given access at that time.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Full patch notes:

quote:

General
Crew Skills now display in the Crew Skills UI even if originally opened through the drop down menu.
Shae Vizla now properly receives bolster, and has stats comparable to other Companions.
The highlighted Galactic Command activity now gives bonus Command Experience as intended.

Missions + NPCs
It is now possible to complete the Makeb Mission “Descent into the Core.”
Vaylin now appears with the appropriate hologram VFX when seen on the Horizon Guard’s holocom in the opening Knights of the Eternal Throne Chapter I cinematic.
Fixed an issue that was causing Chapter XIV to not save player variables. The last playthrough of this Chapter completed will have its variables retained.
Chapter XVI: Battle of Odessen can now be completed on Story Mode.
NPCs spawned from the Hypergate Vortex in Terror From Beyond no longer grant Command Experience.
Planetary Missions no longer auto-complete when using the Galactic Command interface. The Planetary Missions option in Galactic Command has been re-enabled.
All gold NPCs now grant 1 Command Experience point (down from 10).
Chapter IX is no longer missing text in the French and German clients.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Turbl posted:

Oh my god the DvL speeder reward pew pews I didn't even know!!

It is a really nice bike.

I don't know if it's a SW only thing but talking to Ranos you can ask about Jaesa for a rather ominous answer.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 3, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Tank mount is pretty cool, except they have what appears to be a perfect opportunity to have you get inside and the doors close, but nope, you just stand there doing nothing. Booo. Hopefully Non-Entity just did the vehicle design and not the animations. :D

It really does just look like you've taken the turret and left the tank behind.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

M_Sinistrari posted:

I agree with a lot of this. As much as they did cough up on the promise of tying up a load of threads, there's still some loose ones hanging. But for all we know those'll get taken care of in whatever they've got planned next. And I don't know if I'm the only one seeing it, but it felt that there were plenty of opportunities that they could've brought back some of the missing companions. Granted I know the actual reason's the VA strike that's still ongoing and probably budgeting issues on top of that, but drat if near the end it really felt off with Lord Scourge, Kira and Jaesa missing.

It's not just on the tauntaun mount. I'm seeing it happen on my savanna kybuck too.

For Jaesa as a SW if you ask Master Ranos about her you get told to forget any relationship that you might have had as she's gone insane and is leaving death and destruction in her wake as she searches for even more power in the form of Sith artifacts. That's for a DS Jaesa, I'm assuming LS was the same and is foreshadowing for an eventual confrontation down the line.

If we are going to do another contest how about a stronghold one? Could just do a Christmas-themed entrance room to the DK apartment so everyone can enter on a more even footing, although it would be a bit more involved to set up and judge than another costume competition.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Moon Slayer posted:

My LS Sith Warrior was told that Jaesa had been out there fighting the good fight against the Eternal Empire and helping people where she could, but when Ranos tried to contact her, she slipped away and went incommunicado.

Boo, thought maybe they'd done something sensible and settled on one canon path for her to become a future villain or something but I guess Vaylin hit their batshit insane character quota.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Pretty sure this isn't the first time you've whined about being underlevel and it turns out it's because you can't be bothered to play most of the game that awards you mountains of xp for little effort.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Chickenwalker posted:

What happens if you keep Valk's Ghost Dad in the box? I have a feeling there aren't any other major revelations aside from "Valkorion's even more of a dick than you think! No, really!" Maybe he shows up in the final fight?

You bring him out from the holocron and he destroys himself trying to kill Valkorian, but manages to 'pierce his defences'. Then you do the usual bit with Vaylin and use the holocron to free her spirit from his control etc.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

Oye, someone tell me Vaylin becomes interesting. Not really a fan of the smack talking cutsey psychopathic antagonist thing.

No, that's pretty much it.

Dely Apple posted:

I had no idea Tora could replace Koth if you pissed on his dumb baby feelings and he runs away. She dunked Senya in chapter 15.

Tora is way better than Koth and deserved more screen-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I didn't even *choke* her for that one.

• Locked thread