Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Also Non-Entity gave us more gifts so I'm thinking PVP DUELING CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!

I've been away all weekend but I agree, only it should be naked dueling. With the dancers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

RANDOM.ORG SHALL BE EXECUTED FOR TREASON AS IT DID NOT PLACE GLORIOUS LEADER IN 1ST PLACE.

Airspace, M_Sinistari, Ossipago, Darfuri War Orphan, Preechr, pick your poo poo. Ideally post the top 3 items you want if someone ahead of you didn't post already.

Deadline to pick your poo poo is next Friday - 8/4. If you aren't able to log in let me know and I'll post some of the treasures in our Glorious Vault.

Unrelenting Terror BP sent to Airspace as desired. :shrug:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I noticed that had been added last night actually, forgot to check who had donated it but it wasn't there originally when the contest ended I don't think.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Airspace posted:

I want to say there was someone else in the game creepier, but I can't think of one.

Hunter is pretty high up there, though.

EDIT: Also, hello new Stupid Newbie avatar.

Male Jedi consular hitting on his young padawan.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Forgot about Skadge...why remind me?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Choo choo.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

There are data mined major spoilers for the next 2 patches, including who the traitor is on Iokath. I accidentally moused over it. :(

I knew that blasted ship protocol droid was up to no good!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Why would anyone want that filthy TRAITOR Dorne, anyway? At least when Quinn went traitor he stayed Imperial.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You're a terrible person for picking Mandalorian grunt #92842141 over an experienced field operative that served the Emperor's Wrath with distinction.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
My Jugg yells loudly enough at people to produce a protective sonic shell about him, too.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That's why NS Nightlife came back.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Said teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYOxer6WI3k

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The tears about it already are delicious.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The plot arc and specifically the identity of the traitor.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's not their best work.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
In other news: http://dulfy.net/2017/08/24/swtor-precious-cargo-command-pack-preview/

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

I wonder if they're going to do the trope of Lana was in on it, hence her jumping in front of the blaster which conveniently was shooting shock blasts.

Edit - yeah, You did as we asked. Welcome to the Order. Definitely doing a double agent

Yeah, that was my take on it, too. It's really dumb writing otherwise (and still pretty bad regardless).

LegionAreI posted:

I wonder if bioware would make the hilarious choice of having your character be in on it but not tell the player. I would just love that.

That would explain why my Jugg only force choked the traitor a little before letting them explain themselves and run off!

Aleth fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 25, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There is a bit of a rather large time gap between Ziost and KotFE, along with a few not-so insignificant changes to the political landscape.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I imagine that was an oversight and they'll up the cap at some point.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So just a minor issue, then.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Yes I am here what is it that you want

Make us something nice for October.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Can I get one in red?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's missing dress-up, anyway.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
New roadmap is up.

quote:

In our most recent Crisis on Umbara update (Game Update 5.4), players faced a deadly decision for your Alliance as you were forced to track down a traitor in your midst! There’s been lots of speculation about why this has happened, why anyone would betray the Alliance, and how we could allow such a horrible situation to occur. We know how impactful this has been on you, so perhaps knowing the story transitions to the Chiss on the planet Copero will give you a bit of insight as to what may happen on November 28 in A Traitor Among the Chiss (Game Update 5.6)! Although I won’t reveal where things are going after that, I can confirm that the thrilling conclusion to this chapter of the story is coming early next year… on a planet you probably wouldn’t expect to return to.

We know Companions make this game feel totally different while pulling on your emotions and making conversations exciting, frustrating, and extremely entertaining. We’ve given you the ability to customize many of them including Theron, Lana, Shae, Koth, and Senya, while at the same time changed how some interact with you. We continue to discuss ways of reintroducing you to your original Companions and will be returning several of them over the coming months. As we did with Crew Skill Missions, we’ll look to improve how you gain Influence with your Companions to increase their overall effectiveness.

We're going to be going back to Makeb, aren't we? Or maybe Quesh.

Oh, and:

quote:

Unlock new achievements when you complete multiplayer activities using Group Finder and earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion!

So we get the other DvL comp anyway as expected.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 2, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Kimsemus posted:

Planetside 1 did this, and most people wore the server initials at the end of their name like a badge of honor to show how long they've been playing. It worked out quite well.

I actually created Aleth on Emerald so when my main got transferred from Konreid I'd end up as Aleth-K. Confused people when I shouted in global or whatever as some of them thought it designated me as a dev or something.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Turbl posted:

New teaser for Copero FP in which Theron gets a new dumb haircut (contains spoilers for Umbara if you haven't done it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAI-yGmHM5M

I guess Timothy Zahn helped write the story for it if anyone really likes the Chiss.

That really is a dumb haircut worthy of being sentenced to death if I hadn't already done so.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

So...something for the few goons that still play to think about for the next month or so -

That's No Goon has been effectively a dead guild for the last few years. With the server merges coming, I'm wondering if we should -

a) Try and recruit non-goons to our guild and build it up.
b) Find another better established guild to merge with
c) Leave it as is, knowing it's primarily just a place to park your characters.

The primary reason for TNG over the last few years has been to have a place to chat with Goons while you're playing - but lately there hasn't even been that much chat. And with Discord going, we'll always have a place to talk.

Any goons in active guilds on Ebon Hawk or Shadowlands?

And here was I thinking TNG membership was solely for access to the tastefully decorated ship and, more recently, underwater karaoke bar.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

M_Sinistrari posted:

If we do go the route of letting non-goons in, I'd be curious as to the selection process.

We show them pictures of sexy Skadge having a good time with the dancers on the ship and see if they still want in.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The more screen-time sexy Skadge gets the better as far as I'm concerned.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Darfuri War Orphan posted:

Any hope of this glorious contest prize ever reaching the inbox of one called Chupas, goodly Medullah-sensei?

Sent, didn't realise it hadn't been already, sorry!

nonentity posted:

I put some goodies in the guild bank for a contest or giveaway or dumpster fire or whatever the heck it is you people do these days for fun.

Medullah posted:

Hmmmm we could do a pre-server merge contest. It would be harder for people who don't have him as a companion, but still possible - they'd have to preview a Skadge customization and then preview the outfit they want, but hey, maybe it'd work. Whaddya think Aleth?

Skadge approves.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
:mad: YOU! :mad:

:swoon: ARE YOU SEXIER THAN THIS HUNK? :swoon:

We want to see your best Skadge screenshots, showing off just how loving gorgeous the champ really is. Sexy costumes, sexy surroundings, sexy music - whatever you want, just make it good!

But Aleth, I don't have Skadge anymore!

What the gently caress is wrong with you Fine. Try and (futilely) out-sexy Skadge with another male companion of your choice. Hell, dress up alongside them if you want but it's going to be drat hard to beat Skadge.

How long have we got?

As per Medullah's instruction:

quote:

we'll have it end on 11/1 and prizes to be picked by 11/5 so it's done right before the merge

Prizes!?!

Well duh, we have loads of stuff in the guild vault that I haven't liquidated yet and a certain someone just donated a bunch more the other day:

nonentity posted:

I put some goodies in the guild bank for a contest or giveaway or dumpster fire or whatever the heck it is you people do these days for fun.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Turbl posted:

Okay here's my sexy skadge

That's a good Skadge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aleth posted:

:mad: YOU! :mad:

:swoon: ARE YOU SEXIER THAN THIS HUNK? :swoon:

We want to see your best Skadge screenshots, showing off just how loving gorgeous the champ really is. Sexy costumes, sexy surroundings, sexy music - whatever you want, just make it good!

But Aleth, I don't have Skadge anymore!

What the gently caress is wrong with you Fine. Try and (futilely) out-sexy Skadge with another male companion of your choice. Hell, dress up alongside them if you want but it's going to be drat hard to beat Skadge.

How long have we got?

As per Medullah's instruction:

Prizes!?!

Well duh, we have loads of stuff in the guild vault that I haven't liquidated yet and a certain someone just donated a bunch more the other day:

Quoting for the new page in the hopes of more Skadge Art.

• Locked thread