Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

Deadline to pick your poo poo is next Friday - 8/4. If you aren't able to log in let me know and I'll post some of the treasures in our Glorious Vault.

1) Volatile Tuning
2) Laser Tuning
3) Rakghoul Tuning

The contest was pretty fun. I think I went through an easy 25+ screenshots to find the best shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Ossipago posted:

Currencies to be legacy based at some point in the future: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9373053#edit9373053

I look forward to when I don't have to play mail around with credits when I want to buy something pricey on the AH.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Mailed Volatile Tuning to M_Sinistari, you get to guess which character because you didn't post a character name, and same with Ossipago and your Rakghoul tuning.

(Hint, I went by last played)

Ahdiia's fine if we have to pick someone specific. It's easier to just consider her my default for any mailings and I can legacy bank around if need be, but any of my roster's fine.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Whorelord posted:

just a shame he doesn't have a 'death cinematic', wish i could've left him alive as the ship fell into the black hole.

When I've left Tarro Blood just sitting in his cell being pouty, I kinda wished there was a cinematic of him when the ship tore apart. Skavak, I go the sex & death route.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Fuzz posted:

I'm actually super glad they didn't have some melodramatic bullshit with Tarro Blood. The whole point is that he's beneath you and you leave him behind, actually showing it is succumbing to some of the worst storytelling cliches. Not showing it makes it impactful, instead of cheesy.

Point taken. I do have to admit I did like that with how much Mako was all 'we're killing his rear end' all the way through and when you just leave him there, she's "he's not worth the time.'.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I do log in from time to time, mostly to check the Cartel Market. Lately I've been playing Champions Online and LOTRO more. I will eventually shift to playing SWTOR more, but after everything involved with the Zakuul stuff, part of me just doesn't have the energy to slog through it and I'm curious to see what they put out from here to see where things go. I did hear the other day or so that they might have a tentative settlement with the voice actor strike and if that's true, perhaps we'll see more companions come back.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Can you make me a cool Rancor that is like a robot but with a Rancor hologram.

Or how about a Sith motorcycle/three wheeler with flame exhaust, chains, skulls and a bass canon fit to shake the decks on fleet?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Has anyone checked the SWTOR forums yet over possibly losing thier character names yet?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

CeeCee posted:

I don't know why they just didn't add numbers like they do on Battlenet.

Or do this with char names too. Even just initials of old servers would work and people would be happy.

Knowing how much the SWTOR coding's held together with spit and duct tape, it'd probably trash the game mail system.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

I re-upped to see if I could protect my character names for the upcoming server merges. I'm encountering tons of skipping around as I move my character or rotate the view. The graphics setting doesn't appear to affect it, nor server, nor ping. It's jumping around like mad, something I've never seen before in this game.

I've been seeing a lot of bizarre graphics glitches lately too, way more than Hoth sky goes black or standing corpses. I figure it'll be fixed or somewhat fixed after the merge.

As far as the TNG guild goes, only reason I bother with guilds anymore is for the goons since there just doesn't seem to be the usual drama and bs I've had to deal with in other guilds. Granted we don't talk so much in guild chat or do a lot of the traditional guild event stuff, I'd still rather have that then deal with some of the poo poo I've seen happen in other guilds in the MMOs I've played. If we do go the route of letting non-goons in, I'd be curious as to the selection process.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Aleth posted:

We show them pictures of sexy Skadge having a good time with the dancers on the ship and see if they still want in.

That might actually work since first sexy Skadge pic I saw I was a little surprised you guys didn't do a multiple sexy Skadges together.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

The robot in Story Mode Flashpoints is all roles simultaneously, he tanks, heals and does massive DPS. Your probably just didn't notice he was healing you. :).

When you do those you should put your companion on DPS since Jesus Bot is a HP sponge

It's even more insane when you end up with two Jesusbots. I was running a story flashpoint with my fiance and I guess we both clicked solo out of habit and we ended up with two of them. It was practically walk along and loot with maybe firing off a blaster or throwing some lightning just to feel like we weren't a burden on the bots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

And apparently if you didn't have that speeder, but have the expansions from going sub, the speeder code works.

• Locked thread