Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

Turbl posted:

In other news, today I learned that you get a different introduction to Shadows of Revan if you didn't do your class story and don't have your companions. I sort of just expected them to randomly be there anyways for the cutscene.
Oh really? What happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Finished KOTET yesterday after spending about two full evenings on it. Came out far better than expected, I had thought that it was going to be more of the same with the KOTFE chapters, but I came out pretty satisfied with it. Some spoilerific thoughts...

- First off, I'm really surprised with how many plotlines were tied up in this one. The continuation of the Sith Empire, the brief return of Saresh, Senya/Arcann/Vaylinn, and most surprising, the actual final death of the Sith Emperor. If SW:TOR would end tomorrow, I would actually be pretty satisfied with how the storyline ended. Was pretty surprised that they actually did go all the way with the player practically becoming emperor at the end.

- I'm also glad that they were pretty upfront about what the Valkorion situation was. In KOTFE, I kinda got a sense that they were throwing out much of the Sith Emperor's storyline, but with the simple revelation that Valkorion existed prior to this and that the Sith Emperor took over his body much like he tried with the player at the end smoothed things out. I also got a sense that he was far more fallible than he usually showed himself to be. Didn't mind that either, his whole "You're but a gnat" spiel got a bit old. Add in the fact that the Emperor was pretty much just looking for a new host body and the player just so happened to be around might help play a role for why he picked him for non-force sensitive characters. Still, I think the whole storyline probably works best with a Jedi Knight character, with a Sith Warrior coming in close.

- Was pretty bored with the droid planet. Thought that we were going to get a proper explanation about the Eternal Fleet, but I didn't quite get the gist of it... they were created by a race, destroyed their makers, then went on to destroy everything with wargames(?), and somehow Zakuul ended up in control of the Eternal Throne. Not sure what that was about.

- Liked some of the new gameplay mechanics, they definitely tried to change things up for a bit. Didn't like the walker mechanics at all, that got boring really quick. Enjoyed the undercover party bit, but was grateful for the hint system so that it didn't drag out. I also really enjoyed the gauntlets, it was fun to have enemies coming up to me, for once. Some cool boss fights too, although I didn't really get the Light/Dark mechanic in the final fight with Valkorion.

- Gonna play with the DvL mechanic in the upcoming days. I really like the idea of just gaining gear by simply playing the game, as well as this metagame of Light vs Dark. Still, I think I've only seen Light victories so far, with the Dark Side only getting to tier 2 once.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Also, by Bioware actually bringing in the 'True Sith' empire, I really think that they stuck pretty close to the idea of what Sith Lords seemed to be suggesting at the end with what happened to Revan. Tie in a cameo by the Exile, and I never really get why people say that Bioware has completely ignored Sith Lords. All in all, I think it's a pretty good continuation of what was setup earlier.

Hell, you might even say that the whole 'Dark vs. Light' concept that's going on in Galactic Command is what Kreia was talking about when she said that the next war was going to be about belief :)

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

Conskill posted:

The ha-ha funny twist of it all is the Kreia is a Sith Lord. Full stop. Despite her protestations, despite her philosophizing about the nature of the Force, she was and is the fallen Jedi, master of Sith Lords, Darth Traya herself.

The exploration of what goes into being a Light Sider or Dark Sider is interesting, but Kreia is never above the system. She is yet another Sith Lord trying to corrupt yet another Jedi.

KOTET spoilers...

I really like that they did a similar thing with Valkorian in the end. For all his bluster for being beyond Light and Dark, beyond death itself... in the end, he was born a Sith Lord, and was ultimately defeated while ranting about his powers very much like a Sith Lord.

For me, it also puts a lot of things that he said in a different perspective. I genuinely think that the Eternal Empire was a Plan B for him, and the reason why he decided to take that route was that he had lost all control of the Sith Empire at that point.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

Dely Apple posted:

Oh my god the Odessen base music is from Episode 1 isn't it

It's all Gungans all the way down
Isn't that from Sith Lords? From Dantooine, if I recall correctly.

• Locked thread