Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Coming back after a four year hiatus, is there any reason to make new characters? I've finished the class stories for the imperial side, but am at best half-way through the republic classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I really wish there was a story replay feature, all that Sith Warrior stuff was badass as hell (especially Alderaan and the filler planet where you can reprise Vader choking a bitch for doubting the power of the dark side of the force)

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I think the republic trooper dark side path is more "hard men making hard choices" stuff than cartoonishly evil. There's one boss that once you beat him, the light option is to arrest him, and the dark option is to tell control that they are about to have a communications malfunction while you dispense a summary execution. Yelling at senators, punching dickweed Alderanian nobles, a bunch of "you can't handle the truth" kind of stuff.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Behold, the Fist of the Death Star!

I am very bad at this.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I'll try, I guess.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Aleth posted:

So Medullah has picked random numbers using a generator, with the numbers assigned as above. Winning numbers are:

Yes, he was a muppet and rolled 1-12 rather than 1-11. I made him reroll the 12, which came up as a 5.

In winning order then we have:

1st place: 9 - Benthalus
2nd place: 7 - Preechr
3rd place: 5 - Turbl
4th place: 3 - Sun Wu Kampf/ISIS blah blah/Troika or whatever lovely name he's using today
5th place: 11 - Fuzz

Winners can go look in the Oedzi Memorial tab in the guild bank and let us know what you want, 1st get first pick etc. Just a reminder that nonentity most recently donated the following, but there are other nifty items in there if you prefer:

As for those of you who bothered with costumes, stay tuned.

1: Defiant Vented Lightsaber
2: Tythian Lightsaber Pike
3: The pieces of the Unrelenting Terror set that we actually have (looks like breastplate, gloves, legs, boots)

Preechr
May 19, 2009

My Jedi Consular just has issues with people calling him daddy.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Or don't. I'm easy.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 19, 2017

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I'm doing my best to kill Koth on one of my alts, it's a little different but not a whole lot.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Yeah, pretty much. I've been playing space Barbie dress up and filling my strongholds with chairs in-between replaying the class stories because it's been years since I last did them.

In other news, do your Balmorra heroics to hit your conquest goal this week. That's No Goon is in the top ten for it so far. It's easy and lucrative.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Turbl posted:

This doesn't seem right

For real, it's short by 2? 3? pairs.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

That's fine, the dromund kaas apartment has been completely empty forever. I'll definitely be buying my own waterworld play palace, though.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

nonentity posted:

Come and get your love.

Are... are we getting holsters? :neckbeard:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

So the way they enabled customization of Koth and Lana is that they put in a customization slot that has their default appearance on it. This slot overrides whatever they're wearing to make them look like they're supposed to. If you take out the customization, their appearances change significantly. See for yourself:

Lana with default customization:

Lana without default customization:

Koth with default customization:

Koth without default customization:

Kill Koth, he is the worst and is replaced by the best :ssh:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Aleth posted:

A reminder:

:torgue: CONTEST TIME AGAIN! :torgue:

Now, you may be thinking 'but Medullah, I play a class which doesn't have missiles or orbital strikes or fireworks!' In that case go find one of the many areas in the game with big fuckoff missiles, explosions and/or fireworks and incorporate them into your work. The bigger the better! Maybe you could go run a ship battle and get some wicked footage of you blowing up the enemy being totalled by your missile swarms? Perhaps a trip to Cademimu to visit General Ortol for some rocket tips? You decide!

To give you an idea of what's up for grabs courtesy of NE:
Plus countless other bits and pieces such as companion creatures and bots.

Missiles ready to launch (if this counts).

Just walk away, and there can be an end to the Hwasong.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

By the way, it's double CXP for the next 6 days or so.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Medullah posted:

Deadline to pick your poo poo is next Friday - 8/4. If you aren't able to log in let me know and I'll post some of the treasures in our Glorious Vault.

1: Hutt Cantina Skiff
2: Nathema Voreclaw Handler License
3: TY-4N Operator Requisition

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Think the hunter still wins this one, since Mako is supposed to be a teenager or something?

I think he means Hunter, the agent's antagonist.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Spoilers for what, the next movie or the next plot arc? I haven't paid much attention to either.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Lana is the loving worst at her job. I will never regret telling her that her incompetence threatened the Empire on Ziost.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

LegionAreI posted:

True, but there's also a lot of times when the text for a choice does not reflect what gets said and it makes it difficult to roleplay :(

I thought I was letting mako kill her friend's killer, but what happened was I tried to go holier than thou about faceshooting pricks and pissed her off.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

All missions (heroic) or just daily?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

This weekend has taken me from GC 205 to 300 on my main, and I've put about 50 levels on my alts. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Also this is why I don't understand why ToR doesn't have a poo poo ton of titles and mounts like WoW.

A title that probably takes an afternoon to implement could take a player days, weeks, or even months. Seems like a good return on investment to me.

Uh... there are an absolute fuckton of mounts, and quite a few titles. They're just mostly from gamble boxes!

• Locked thread