Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Die very quickly in PvP.

Pffft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Some datamined info about a new thing to grind post 70, Galactic Command.

Also some little tidbits in there - they're releasing a new type of Party Jawa it appears, so people who missed out on the sub reward early on can do the achievements.

KOTET chapters (and possibly KOTFE chapters) can be replayed on higher difficulties with characters.

There will be a new portable faction neutral holo-class trainer like the Hutt statue from RotHC, Senya.

Liking this, gives a character something to do once they've completed KotET. I'm way more interested in class changes though.

Also more subscriber rewards...I'm already at 59 emails on a new character, they need to automate some of that already.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Biggest problem so far has been pugging operations. People ragequit after one wipe, leaving me with a lockout so I'm completely unable to group again that week.

It may harder now that the event is basically over but when I did it I just set up a group specifically for the bosses without worrying about the whole Op.

Being a NiM equipped Tank probably didn't hurt either.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Tactical FPs are considerably more difficult than hard mode flashpoints,

ehhhhh...I'll take Tactical frustrations over teammates who are too simple to understand "don't stand in poo poo" MMO 101 mechanics. I can usually drag Tactical groups to success not much you can do about DPS who insist on soaking up Major Imos Air Strikes. I'm expecting idiocy/newbies in the Tactical queue.

Also getting a lvl 19 Leeroy in your Tactical isn't nearly as soul crushing as zoning into Blood Hunt HM only to realize the "tank" you've been waiting half an hour for is lvl 54 in DPS stance with DPS gear.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

But it's going back to a 1.0 like RNG based system. You get a box with a random piece of gear based on your Advanced Class - so you could get two set piece belts. Anyone who remembers warzone Champion gearing can tell you how awful it was.

And if what the thread is saying is true, no more getting a piece of gear on one alt (like an unassembled piece) and transferring it to an alt, since the gear is advanced class based.

I guess it will depend on how fast you level galactic command and how often you get rewards for it.

All praise be unto RNGesus! Ugh...sounds like the Heroic boxes kicked up a notch to me.

On one hand getting rid of Bolster (since Bioware is really, really bad at math) is good on the other hand earning gear for one aspect of the game to use in another tends to be really bad design. I'd rather poke my eyes out with forks than run through the same NiM Ops for another year and I don't really want to have to do Ranked to optimize a char I plan on just casually playing in regs.

Hopefully I get something nice for my 400k WZ comms though.

Turbl posted:

I'm not against this whole Galactic Command thing in general but good god who the hell thought it was a good thing to go back to total RNG gear and how did this person get other people to agree with him/her

Also this.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

sassassin posted:

Crit or Alacrity?

If you're below 65 it doesn't matter otherwise just don't raise Alac over 9% or Crit above 39%.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Aleth posted:

What MMO does, really? As much as they might cry about it MMOs have long since stopped bothering to cater to the 'hardcore' raiders because it's not worth it to spend time and money on poo poo that a tiny minority of players will bother with until they get bored and move on/whine about. Much better financially and easier to pander to the 'casual' crowd who will drop the occasional :10bux: on vanity poo poo/gamble boxes, I would have thought.

Games like WoW haven't stopped catering to hardcore raiders they've just stopped catering to hardcore raiders exclusively.

RNG makes me :chloe: but I wouldn't be playing MMO's if I didn't enjoy a meaty grind and Galactic Command sounds grindtastic. RNG makes me remember raiding Molten Core for months praying the other Binding dropped...but then it did and it was the greatest thing ever.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

phosdex posted:

One of the things I liked a lot about swg was the crafting and resource system. It was pretty complex and if you wanted to be good you literally needed a spreadsheet and a website that tracked resource spawns. Every resource was unique and could spawn for something like just 12 hours to a week. They had random stats and those stats affected the parts you built. Gathering mass resources meant you had to rely on other people and you had to socialize.

It was also completely broken at release where some servers didn't spawn certain resources which was real bad since all high end gear was crafted

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

McSpanky posted:

Having played both SWTOR and STO, this is a huge point in the former's favor. Being able to use the actual music from the series and compose in the same style instead of lame soundalike muzak really helps sell the feel that you are a part of the experience and not just futzing around in some irrelevant off-brand corner of the franchise. Compare those uses of iconic SW themes above to say, when the story leads you to DS9 for the first time or your encounters with the Borg in STO, without the equivalent themes available it's a little lacking.

Binary Sunset...pretty much the pinnacle by which all other original soundtracks are judged.

Also Focus does good early AoE but Vigilance surpasses it at 58 with Vigilant Thrust.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

No one reads my incredibly detailed OPs. Boooooo hoooooo

If you hadn't done it some other loser would've so stop milking it!

Medullah posted:

It's just like level sync which everyone complained about for a month and ended up being fine.

They just need to fix the lvl ranges on the starter and capital planets. They said there will be tiers of gear right? As you go up in Command lvls or whatever the gear gets better?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah it supposedly is three tiers of gear. I think it's good, it sounds like it'll be just grindy enough for me to not go crazy with my alts but not so bad I can't work on a few toons.

I like it...it's just a little strange that ToR has spent the last 4 years getting more and more alt friendly only to suddenly reverse.

At least it gets rid of trap commendation gear which was a waste of time for everyone. Wonder what they're going to do about the sub-65 Supply vendors? If it was me I'd just have story missions reward blue lockboxes like Heroics.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

I'm kind of curious how the DvL thing will work out for light sided imp characters. Like they say as the scales tip one way or another for each side jedi/sith are supposed to show up and attack areas in the game. So like, you're a light side Sith Warrior are you suddenly fighting alongside jedi on Dromund Kaas against imperial npcs or what?

In general I think it all sounds fine, that just sounds possibly a bit weird.

Well being a Light leaning Warrior doesn't mean you still don't serve the Empire.

Now an Agent who defects would have a case of "my immersion :qq:" so you just RP that sometimes you do what you have to do to maintain cover. Although there too just because you serve the Republic doesn't mean you serve the Jedi.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

What site are you all going to for class build guides?

Google Dulfy + 4.0 + your AC and see what pops up.

Otherwise I can answer just about any question.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Well I was thinking of others, I have it. :D. Caught one at 35 million.

If you're talking vented yeah I snatched up half a dozen or so for 20-30 and managed to flip them for at least double.

They're reliably 100+ on Harby now...not sure if they're actually selling though.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

so do Courting gifts work on anyone? all my space-baes just shrug when i give them one

They're broken...have been all of 4.0.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

When I buy a stack of Hutt Bux I don't really think of it in terms of buying products, more like a Patreon donation or something. I like what Bioware is doing and I enjoy supporting their efforts. I had a few years where I was broke as gently caress and $15 for a game subscription was my entire month's budget for entertainment. Now that I have disposable income again, I'm happy to throw some of it to the good people who kept me going through those times.

I get a random assortment of cool in-game poo poo in exchange for that, and I feel like that's fair, even when I don't get all the coolest things immediately every time. Some new packs I skip and just pick a few things up on the GTN, others I buy a shitload of them. I liked everything in this pack and went hog wild, cause it's been a while.

I really, really want to give Bioware money because I loving love Star Wars but they make it really hard with how awful the Hypercrates are...the last one gave me 8 copies of the same Indestructible crystal and zero gold or platinum items. The Grand Chance Cubes do nothing for me since I have hundreds of millions of credits and am 100% on mounts, color crystals, emotes, weapons, toys, decos, and pets minus the time card ones. The armors have been fairly meh recently as well, the Secret Agent set was the first must have for me since the Sith Recluse set. I'm not a big fan of the Zakuul aesthetic.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

Out of curiosity, what would make hypercrates attractive to you? With that amount of space-cash, would't you just buy everything you like off the GTN anyway?

I'm not even sure what would do it for me. Maybe if they upped the chance for gold/platinums? I "only" have ~200 million and it's very rare that a whole hypercrate does anything for me. I usually buy items piecemeal off the GTN.

As Medullah says bringing back Reputations with titles would help. I'd replace the companion gifts with them.

I would also replace one of the Hypercrate packs with a guaranteed gold/platinum (from that pack) item/armor set that would permanently bind when you claim it.

Replace Grand Chance Cubes with Cartel Certificates and put all old Cartel items on vendors. Allow these Certificates to be sold on the GTN.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

They did that.

Yeah the Platinum Packs. I'm advocating dropping the entire Armor Set...the Platinum Packs would drop a single piece of a set and the less desirable pieces (belt, bracers, gloves) had a much higher chance of dropping. They also included crystals and other not so rare items.

The tradeoff is that the items would be BoP on the character that claims them.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

rantmo posted:

Is the Going Places Bundle worth picking up, especially as it's on sale? It's got that Rocket Boost I've been hearing so much about and other things that seem to be good, but I just don't know how any of these unlocks work.

You want Rocket Boost and the Going Places bundle on sale is actually cheaper than unlocking Rocket Boost so yeah. It'll unlock Rocket Boost for every character you make on that server. The other items are one time use that won't last you long but hey free's free.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Figured it wouldn't be much I went head and converted all my WZ comms to adrenals. Not that 10k Adrenals are any more useful than some pocket change.

It may (or may not) be harder to gear alts but at least you don't have to keep track of all the crystals.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

At the very least, you could maybe keep this continuous stream of negativity to yourself, or find another outlet for it, cause you're fuckin' bumming people out, man.

For real...criticism is one thing, the constant snarky pessimism is another. Bioware makes ToR instead of KotoR 3 and it's us who get punished for it.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

And even then, it really was only useful as a healer so you wouldn't get leapt to.

The 30m overload shot + knockback is more than a fair trade.

Planting. Stealth, unlimited lolroll, 30m Flashbang and planting-in-cover was broken as hell. 2.0 Scoundrel was hilarious...my record for making it to the VS core was around 50 seconds start to finish.

These changes seem mostly good...though my Sorc is having visions of nets up my rear end all day every day.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Twelve Elves posted:

The other benefit is that the simplified combat system would make the game ideal for porting to consoles

No thanks would rather see the game dead.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Annihilation - Force Leap, Force Rend, Rupture, Deadly Saber, Annihilate, dual saber throw, Ravage and Saber Strike as filler, Berserk at 30 stacks. Saber Ward and Cloak of Pain as defensives. That takes care of 99% of the game.

Carnage and Fury are even easier.

I guess I'm talking about the 1% of the time but I'd argue good Carnage play is the most intricate rotation in the game.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

If you see one up for something stupid you can sometimes message the seller and make a best offer. I got mine for 105 million using that strategy when the guy had it listed for 200 million.

This is one of the cornerstones of my GTN empire and tends to be more successful than not. It never hurts to ask anyways.

I feel like the Pawn Stars - Yeah you could sell it on the GTN but that'll take days and the GTN will take its cut anyways or you could CoD it to me and have your money in an hour. :smuggo:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

So is soloing your way through the non-solo flash points like Esseles with a high level companion doable?

Esseles does have a solo mode though. You have to start it at the entrance to the actual FP, which is Fleet -> Coruscant Departures talk to the quest giver there in the case of Esseles.

But yes I've solo'd all Tacticals and 2-manned nearly all the HM's in 4.0.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

No, KOTET is still a ways away

2 weeks my friend, getting close!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Airspace posted:

I dunno if it's possible for the 40-50 affection companions, but I tried Athiss once with a 32-level healer T7 and I got past only one boss. The adds were just too numerous for me to deal with on the second.

Some specs are vastly easier than others as well...Madness, Annihilation, Darkness, Immortal, and Lethality are the best specs for soloing.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Trooper act 1 was good and then they just lose all focus

It blows its load too early...the Havoc betrayal should have been the end of Ch 1 instead of 15 minutes in. A little more "How dare you betray the Republic!" and less "Uhh...who are you people?"

Also the ultimate enemy is literally an old man with a blaster pistol.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Darth Baras is the gooniest Sith.

I like his voice actor...it has a Robert Stack quality to it IMO.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

So the stream showed a bunch of the new animations - Ravage is changed to a quick multi slice, which should be a nice DPS boost, the new Powertech replacement for Death From Above looks pretty hilarious, just unloading all sorts of tech.

No more channels will flow better from a mechanical standpoint on the other hand the Sentinel Blade Dance is my favorite animation in the game. Meh on Deadly Onslaught, lots of missles is neat but the backpack is goofy.

Also "no original comps will be coming back in KOTET." :(

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
I'm honestly surprised Kira and Mako aren't coming back since AFAIK they, along with Vette, are the most popular comps.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Torian, Kaliyo, Aric

Vette.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah Bioware would have to be insane to drop a major patch the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

27th is the cutoff to qualify for early access.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

DrunkenGarbageCan is a serious player on Harbinger. In fact, I might transfer a character over to play with his guild. :D

Until the DvL HM's I hadn't teamed for PvE since the first month of KotFE. My PvE guilds have slowly withered away, all I mostly do now is queue regs and play the GTN in between. When 5.0 drops I was planning on trying the East Coast servers to see how the PvP is, the timezone would better fit my schedule but the population on Harbinger is hard to give up.

In the meantime I've put 80 hours into Tyranny in the last two weeks.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Fuzz posted:

poo poo, just realized I got on the plane and left my key generator dongle behind. How likely would it be that I can maybe call customer support and get the key reset? I can't even login to my account on the website now and I didn't quite finish up the DvL poo poo.

Fuuuuuuck... :gonk:

Try to log into the website and leave the security key part blank it will take you to a second screen asking for the security key but there will also be a Lost My Security Key link. They'll e-mail a one-time password to you and you can remove the key yourself.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Just one day until early access! I have the 30th booked off work so I can come home tomorrow and play until I loving pass out like the huge goon that I am.

Jinx. Emergency patch incoming.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Man do I really dislike the new menu bar. Drop-downs are :effort:.

It was a really neat surprise in the middle of a WZ to find that the new menu hotkeys overwrote my hotkeys.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

That's what you get for being a keybinding luddite and not using a Naga.

I do use a Naga....I'm no masochist. I also use keyboard hotkeys so I don't have to use shift or ctrl modifiers for in-combat abilities. :colbert:

Also my core keyboard rotation is pretty much burned into my brain from the days before Nagas were a thing.

Edit: Getting to see Voss burn is a great start to KOTET in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Also, piloting the walker is awful. I can see how it's supposed to be fun, in concept, but it's not. I want an option to just get out and walk. I can't imagine playing through this multiple times.

I didn't want to complain too much but yeah I didn't enjoy that either. It's just so clunky and slow. Also strafing is disabled which annoys my PvP lizard brain.

Not proud to say it took me a solid five minutes to figure out you just had to step in the green circle to start...I kept trying to find a clickable.

Beat it on Veteran, wasn't too hard.

• Locked thread