Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Well if anyone in TNG has Biochem 700 I can make the reusable Critical and Fortitude Stims, and the reusable Critical and Absorb adrenals. Will probably grab the medpac and Versatile stims tomorrow, basically two runs of the new FP in story mode for 3 schematics. Just need an Iokath recombinator.

Whoo boy Master Mode Umbara is no joke. The Rishi Walker's got nothing on that Spider Tank.

Ossipago posted:

It helps if you just view everything post-class stories as fan fiction.

Makeb was ok and I really enjoyed SoR. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they got a new head writer between SoR and KotFE. The guy who was responsible for the oh so mediocre Trooper storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Airspace posted:

Hey, The Trooper storyline was fun!

...Act one, I guess. Beyond that was a trash fire.

Havoc should have betrayed at the end of Act 1 after building a rapport with them, then it would have had punch. Nobody cares about prologue chars you've known for an hour betraying you. And the final boss is the worst.

Medullah posted:

Yeah I haven't run it yet but I'm guessing those abundant explosive tanks aren't there for show.

Fire patches that do about 30% a tick.

A dozen plus adds spread every ~15% that insta target the healer, are ranged, and spread out.

An unavoidable instant laser that does 30-60k AND knocks down.

An AoE missile strike that does 50k+.

All in a wide open area where everyone's running around like headless chickens.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Preechr posted:

Lana is the loving worst at her job. I will never regret telling her that her incompetence threatened the Empire on Ziost.

Which is funny because up until Ziost she was built up as an ultra-competent and pragmatic Sith. I give her a bit of a pass on Ziost since that's more Pub incompetence than hers.

Between Ziost and KotFE she must took a few hard blows to the head cause her character does a 180.

Also as hard as the last boss in MM Umbara is the first three are easy...me and a Sniper friend duo'd them with comps.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

There's a good bug today where Planetary missions that are daily areas (Ziost, Yavin, CZ-198, etc) are giving the bonus planetary CXP award for each mission. Just did Black Hole and gained 11 levels in 12 minutes. :D

I wonder if this has anything to do with Heroics being the bonus for the day because they definitely weren't like this yesterday.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

You very quickly get vote kicked.

As a Healer or Tank I would just leave myself. Insta-queues are nice like that.

What I've started doing is if people don't spacebar I not only don't spacebar but don't make choices either, just let them time out. Meanwhile watching Netflix til convo is over. People get really super mad but they also usually start spacebarring.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Medullah I've been playing around on my Operative and something they need is for Curative Agent to allow Kolto Probes to be cast on self without breaking stealth, keep the Infusion change and chunk the two-probes-at-once-nonsense.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Among the other bugs the lowbie Weekly for PvP is the lvl 70 one again so it's worth quite a bit of XP.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Iokath dailies back to regular CXP lvls tomrrow, the rest next Tuesday. Can't complain was fun while it lasted.

I said come in! posted:

Thank you! I had always thought all of the Flashpoints were available, but turns out that is not true. At least the new Flashpoint is available though!

FP's relevant to the main story got solo modes the ones that are glorified sidequests did not.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Haha holy poo poo the bugs....

All vendors broken, galaxy map broken, Cartel Market broken, mission tracker broken, buff/debuff icons gone.

Just got a going down for maintenance message so my guess is 5.4a rolling back.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

I pulled threat (hatred sin) on the annihilator droid. We spend 5 minutes on some ridiculous jumping skip to the lava cave. Gharj was constantly cleaving the raid. I was one of 3 people alive when Soa died.

The majority of Tanks are trash and unlike Heals and DPS you don't have other players to hide behind. For EV HM runs I usually just solo heal it and run sans Tanks, a single Taunt capable DPS works fine.

As for Soa people got used to doing it overleveled and never learned proper mechanics i.e. destroying the pylons on the way down.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

The game is great for small bursts. It just doesn't have the appeal to keep playing repeated endgame content like WoW does.

And honestly, in today's world I don't think any MMORPGs are going to have staying power except WoW and FF14, and those are just because they're established. Today's gamers are about "what to play this week" instead of dedicating themselves to one thing. That's a natural side effect of games becoming cheaper, more plentiful and easy to get on the internet. Not to mention the rise of mobile gaming.

I was cutting edge in WoW up through WotLK but quit the week after downing LK and haven't logged in since. Haven't tried FF14, the FF brand is a negative for me and I'm told the PvP is garbage.

I can run the NiM Ops in my sleep but the PvP is still great. I've also enjoyed the direction the game has been going these last 8 months as well.

The bottom line though is the Star Wars license guarantees ToR a niche. WoW may dominate ToR but Star Wars is THE franchise.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

and actually the only reason I started given that I swore off MMORPGs after an EverQuest addiction)

lol same but for WoW but then it's all Star Wars game you say... MMO you say... Bioware you say... and whelp here I am with nearly 200 days played on my Sorc.

quote:

I'm just saying everyone doomsaying the game, well, the landscapes changed.

Western MMO's are dead for sure, ToR's got a year or two at least in it though.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Is anyone still around?

Still here. Getting massive amounts of schadenfreude from people on the official forums who neither do NiM Ops or Ranked crying about 5% dps/hps normilizations.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I'm pretty excited about Server Merges. I play with some people on Shadowlands so it'll be nice to only have one group.

West coast best coast. :smug:

quote:

Legacy Perk – For each character that reaches Command Rank 300, we will automatically add an additional 25% bonus CXP to your entire Legacy up to a maximum of 100%. You do need to purchase the initial 25% perk, but the additional 75% will be free. And, YES, this Perk is retroactive, so you will immediately benefit once we deliver United Forces Foundation.

Also with A Traitor Among the Chiss, we’re changing how Disintegrate works – instead of receiving more CXP, we will provide you with Unassembled Components for armor and weapons. In addition, you can send those components to any character in your Legacy as we’re changing these to be Legacy-bound consumables.

My idea was to add UC's to Heroics but this works too. I think I've got 8 Rank 300 chars at this point and a few I don't want to PvP on are stuck on the 248 grind. This also helps my 4 full-248-in-every-spec chars who have been maxed on UC's for awhile.

Looks like quite a few good changes.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Does anyone still play this? I have half a mind to jump back in and have some fun, but I don't know any goons that play and all the server pops seem kind of dead.

You can pick population on Harbinger or goons on Jedi Covenant, not both.

CeeCee posted:

Read the United Forces faq.

Neat I didn't notice the cross-server bit...I look forward to seeing anyone with a Goon tag in Warzones.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Wait I missed cross server. Really?

quote:

To deliver these benefits together in one update we will connect multiple servers in each region together, uniting players across the galaxy. By joining servers as United Forces, grouping becomes easy and queues for your favorite Flashpoints, Uprisings, Missions, Warzones, Arenas, Galactic Starfighter, and Operations should be much faster.

Here. It kind of sounds like it...or they could be talking about the merging of existing servers. Rereading it it sounds like the latter.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Investing in new infrastructure is pretty much the opposite of maintenance mode, if that were happening they'd just leave the servers as is to squeeze what few nickels they can out of server transfers. Meanwhile the devs would disappear from the forum as they are fired or reassigned rather than actively posting roadmaps with six months of plans.

Also I think people who see ToR as barely profitable are really underestimating the Cartel Market and how much disposable income thirty-something Star Wars nerds have.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

If we do go the route of letting non-goons in, I'd be curious as to the selection process.

"You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of the sudden you look down and see a tortoise."

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

Are warzones dead? I had a mission to do one and I've been queued up whenever I'm on and one never pops.

Lowbies are...since you don't get comms for doing them anymore there's no incentive unless you just really, really can't stand PvE. They pick up in Tier 2 lvl 41+, at least on Harby.

Medullah posted:

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, you're pretty deep into the numbers game for SWTOR - I'm putting together some data to show that F2P people don't need to worry about getting 246 grade gear because I'm sick of people saying that solo players need top tier gear too.

I captured some stats for my Gunslinger in poo poo gear and in ~243 gear. I really just want to say -

"In a perfect world, wearing this gear which has these stats, your average damage over 100 hits will be this because your Critical % is X, Critical modifier is Y, etc etc"

Is there a nice simple formula I can plug those numbers in for an excel equation because I have nothing better to do when working?

Not sure what your asking here or trying to prove. I guess you could figure the base value of the basic attack and go from there? If you're talking full rotations there are way to many variables I'd say.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah I might be overthinking it. I've just gotten into arguments on the interwebz with people about gearing. Especially on Reddit, where people constantly ask "What is the best way to grind CXP solo? I don't want to raid or PvP", and when people such as myself say "Then you don't need to grind CXP, your stats only matter in Hard Mode raiding or higher, and Ranked PvP. Get enough CXP to get your 230 set bonus and that's more than enough for dailies and flashpoints." "Look, some people just want the best gear possible!" I'm just trying to show people how much of an enormous waste of time it is to grind Galactic Command - the stats between a character in 230 set pieces with 228 everything else are marginally different than BiS 242+ when on a level synced planet or bolstered area.

Remember friend need doesn't have anything to do with the carrot is a core MMO mechanic. It doesn't matter if only 0.0001% of WoW players are gonna see vanilla Naxx so long as the idea that maybe one day they could keeps them moving forward.

That was on of they major problems with the KotFE/KotET era since the Chapters and gearing were so easy to blow through. From a dev point of view it doesn't matter if a player needs 248 to so long as they keep on the grind.

Also dogs and fleas and such.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Also this is why I don't understand why ToR doesn't have a poo poo ton of titles and mounts like WoW.

A title that probably takes an afternoon to implement could take a player days, weeks, or even months. Seems like a good return on investment to me.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

This isn't true at all. TOR has an overwhelming number of mounts, pets, and titles to collect.

...that are pretty much either 3+ years old or come from the Cartel Market.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

That's fair, but the original argument was that SWTOR doesn't have any mounts, that's still not even close to true.

I guess I worded it wrong. My point was the game needs subs and subs want content, however, the devs are never going to create story, raid, or PvP content as fast as players can consume them so titles are an easy way to create content with minimal investment.

“Complete Dread Palace 25 times and get the Dread Lord title!” Bam an afternoon of dev time just created 6 months of content for raiders.

My Sorc has every title but 3 and every mount and pet in the game so yes I know exactly how many there currently are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
“Complete all KotET/KotFE chapters on Master Mode to earn the title Master of Zakuul!”

“Complete all NiM raids in a single night in the less than 6 hours to earn the legacy title the Bleeding Edge!”

“Get 25 killing blows in any WZ to earn the title Headhunter!”

“Reach lvl 50 Influence with 10 companions to earn the title Diplomat!”

• Locked thread