Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't care about Legendary in the slightest, but what would I have to do to get the Light side armor set in this image?

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/na/20160623_DvLRewardBlog/Weapon-Tuning.gif

The guides I've been looking at haven't been super clear.

That looks like the Temple Guardian set which is currently going for about 50 million on Jedi Covenant, or you could potentially get lucky with a DvL pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Berke Negri posted:

Is there any tips for round 6 of eternal arena? I have Kaliyo at influence 50 on my lethality operative, and the first five rounds were a breeze but 6 was pretty tricky. Set on healer Kaliyo couldnt keep me and herself healed up long enough while the three bosses clumped on top of us, and on Tank I managed to do a bit better but still died before taking down the last boss.

Do not use a ranged companion for round 6. The safest way is to use a melee companion set on heal mode, send them after one of the adds while you personally kite the boss and the other add around the outside of the room (Corrosive Dart should be enough to keep them away from your healer). Kill the boss first then your add, then finish off the add your companion has been tanking. Don't be afraid to use the medical stations or Heroic Moment.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Hoth is the last planet for Chapter 2, there are three more planet for the main class story before you go into Shadow of Revan (2 planets), Ziost (1 planet), then the KotFE chapters. Technically the main story also includes Ilum, Makeb, and Oricon, but they are not required for the DvL event besides a couple of Legendary level achievements and starting KotFE won't lock them out so you can go back to them later. For Champion level you should only need to run a single character through the story. Eternal level requires a second character on the other faction (but only to level to 65, not to do the whole story).

When you queue for a flashpoint with the Group Finder, it will warp you there once a group has been assembled. A few of them do not have a solo mode so you will need to queue for them (or get a friend and travel there manually, they are easy with two players + two companions). These are:
Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu, Red Reaper, Kuat Drive Yards, Kaon Under Siege, Lost Island, Czerka Corporate Labs, Czerka Core Meltdown

Edit: Get the legacy perk that removes Quick Travel cooldowns and you'll be much happier with the travel time.

Promethium fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 7, 2016

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
That's something which you would have to read through the tooltips and discipline trees carefully and see things like "reduces the Force cost of your next two non-channeled Force attacks by 75%" or that Lightning Strike (later upgraded to Bolt) has a much better damage/force ratio than Shock and both take the same time to execute, or that casting Lightning Bolt increases your Force regeneration by 30% so it's the better filler, etc.

I think one could justifiably ask why sorcerers even have both Force Lightning and Lightning Strike/Bolt since they are effectively exclusive for both DPS disciplines, so healers of all people are the only ones to have reason to have both on a hotbar.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Is there some trick I'm missing for the KotET Chapter II Veteran mode where you fight the three hunters in the tomb and once the leader is down some health he starts to drop fire mines everywhere? I can mostly get to that point but then my companion stands in fire and dies every time.

Or is the mode not supposed to be doable at level 66?
Edit: level 67 now from dying enough times on that fight to have leveled up from killing adds.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I thought the expansion fit the Imperial Agent pretty well, there are plenty of callbacks to SCORPIO's history and to Sith brainwashing techniques that you can remark on.

Much of the "chosen one" talk is ambiguous in whether it's truly a prophecy or if it's Valkorian needing you to believe it; it's easy enough to interpret either way. The PC does come up with two relatively clever ideas near the end which gives some agency in the story. (They don't require the player to do anything special though, which made me feel the setup would have worked better in an adventure game where you'd have to find the answer yourself.)

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
SWTOR is a game where not all Jedi are good, not all Sith are evil, and there is even a scene where the leaders of both sides admit they are wrong about the Force. It has these themes that people say they want. As far as I can tell what people actually mean when they say it doesn't follow up on KOTOR2 is that the Exile gets killed off in a book and Revan becomes an easily manipulated pawn, and it's annoying that their PCs from the previous games turned out to be idiots.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Also Lady of Shadows question

You can check the class-specific dialogue options at torcommunity (click on the "Ends" npc and expand all). There's about a 3-deep dialogue tree in that chapter that's available to IAs and various snippets later on. In general the class-dependent content in KOTFE/KOTET (like it was for the main Shadow of Revan quest) is going to be dialogue options here and there and sometimes easier NPC recruitment, but there aren't different quests or set pieces.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
If anyone is telling you that you can't do a story mode flashpoint (dungeon) or operation (raid) while underleveled they are both terrible at the game and terrible people in general.

SWTOR has over time changed a lot of content to allow solo players to experience as much of it as possible. There are a handful of flashpoints that are part of the overall story--a few of them are mandatory in the expansion storylines--but all of these have a solo mode option in which you get a practically invincible helper bot. Even in the story modes you get a Bolster effect that raises your gear stats to an acceptable level. Acquiring gear is only useful for the harder difficulty levels. Using the group finders for flashpoints is usually fine, in my experience most players are more tolerant. That doesn't mean they're trivially easy but gear isn't the issue. For the story mode operations you don't need gear either but you should know how to play the class decently well and at least skim a boss guide to know what to expect, and it's better to join a group that's manually organized (respond to people forming up a group on Fleet chat) than to solo queue.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
If you don't have 110% Accuracy (to remove enemy resistance) you should stay with Lightning anyway. Madness is almost unplayable if your abilities can be resisted.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Medullah posted:

You're talking pve, right? I've never used accuracy in PvP with my Madness sorc(s) and don't think I ever had a miss/resist that wasn't due to Shroud/Roll/etc.

Right, there's no baseline force resistance in PvP so sorcs are fine with 0 accuracy.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
^ I was almost not going to do it since you can get both him and Dorne as companions that way, but he had such a smug look on his face after picking the other choice that I had to hit esc and make the right decision.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I spent a while trying to figure out if the 2-cull or 3-cull virulence rotation works better and 3-cull came ahead very slightly. I guess the margin would be better with crit augments since even the regular 3-cull rotation is too energy-starved without better equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Medullah posted:

Have you seen my train stronghold though

I would like to see this, pictures?

• Locked thread